How has covid-19 affected your outlook in life?

Philipkee

As above.

Not asking about how has your practices changed, how you do social distancing or even work from home.  Just your outlook in life.

Have you gotten more pessimistic/optimistic?

Take life more seriously or less seriously?

Usually after an event like this, people change in their way of thinking. 

I start the ball rolling...

I learn to take life less seriously.  Just chill and relax cos you can plan a lot but all it takes it one virus to ruin everything and there is no guarantee the next virus is not round the corner.

So yea, just relax and life goes on.  

What about you peeps?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

(edited)

No change.

But then I've been fortunate to be less affected financially by this crisis. This is a major issue for many people out there. And I empathise with them. Its not easy to be facing financial hardship. 

Psychologically, over the last few years prior, I've already seeked answers to my questions and optimised my mental health and mental habits. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 9

(edited)

I take life far more seriously & focused now. Being effectlively locked indoors for 2½ months had very positive sides, like giving focus back to your life. It has been a unique time & a blessing.

After a while though, you realise a lockdown also causes all real goals to simply disappear in life, and lose meaning, as you're still just sitting in your home. In the end, we're meant to be outside, interacting with each other & moving on in  life.

Now I feel there's not a second to lose with life going forward.

A counterpoint: I also truly enjoyed the silence and quietness outside & around us all, during the entire CB.

Now, today at noon I was sitting in traffic on Upper Cross Street. The traffic was definitely heavier today, almost feeling like pre-CB. People drove aggressively and impatiently. And I suddenly remembered and realised, how much of ordinary daily life in Singapore used to truly suck. Mission going forward is to not accept the daily bulls**t piling up in life, and not waste time. 😀 😀

Edited by CremornePt
  • Praise 5

(edited)

I have been taking life with an easy approach  for a few years, covid does not affect my perspective in life. It will be over one day , and stay easy and relax. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 6

I try to take it easier but very tough. 

every week must think of where to find money for the upcoming week.   End up selling my assets for cash.  

Have to support 2 kids and wife not working.  Parents dont give me financial burden but i still give something every month as token.  

Indeed, life has become more bland. 

Maybe when travel open again, i will need to look for jobs overseas to survive.  Cant expect expat package, just can pay bills, happy already.  

One step at a time.

• Praise 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Actually 4-5 years ago I already had a change in my outlook of life, but the Covid experience actually reinforce them more than ever. They are

1) Always try to be self-reliance on income matters or at least develop few streams of income if you are under employment.  Jobs can diminish overnight,  and we should never be caught with sudden financial hardship 

2) Always find opportunity to develop another skillset no mater how old is the age, Investing in own education is never a waste .

3) Always find time to be with family. We don't need covid to bring everyone together  at home again.

4) Always treat others kindly, respectfully and be considerate of them even if they don't treat me the same. Life is fragile, and we can be gone in a very short time. When that day happens, I want to leave with good memories that I have done my best for humankind. 

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 10

6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

No change.

But then I've been fortunate to be less affected financially by this crisis. This is a major issue for many people out there. And I empathise with them. Its not easy to be facing financial hardship. 

Psychologically, over the last few years prior, I've already seeked answers to my questions and optimised my mental health and mental habits. 

Exactly bro. After your ordeal, you would have realized that your priorities are already in place and that there is a certain level of resilience imbued within. 

Similarly, no change for me and this month marks my 7th year after my transplant and with my past etched deeply in me, every day is a bonus as is. It makes you realize your existence is not dependent on what you have but the quality of relationships you have with your loved ones.

stay safe all 🙏🏾

• Praise 18

6 hours ago, Philipkee said:

As above.

Not asking about how has your practices changed, how you do social distancing or even work from home.  Just your outlook in life.

Have you gotten more pessimistic/optimistic?

Take life more seriously or less seriously?

Usually after an event like this, people change in their way of thinking. 

I start the ball rolling...

I learn to take life less seriously.  Just chill and relax cos you can plan a lot but all it takes it one virus to ruin everything and there is no guarantee the next virus is not round the corner.

So yea, just relax and life goes on.  

What about you peeps?

So stay as u are... dun get married😂😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

No change.

Ya those people facing real hardship will not be posting in MCF anyway... 

Personally, I feel stressed out staying at home for so long. I really hope for work to resume and go back to work in the office. And go on my vacations... I miss my vacations. 

This Covid thing is actually a big test about society I feel. The individual infection risks are small but the economics effects are felt very unevenly throughout the society. 

• Praise 4

I'm convinced there will be a vaccine, so nothing should change materially in the long term outlook.

Meanwhile, I miss my kinokuniya and hourglass/cortina. Sorry that my life is this superficial.

• Haha! 5

Covid make me realize eating cai png n drinking teh c at kopitiam is such a bliss, esp. with frens n loved ones...i had took it for granted for the past 46 years, will eat more cai png after this friday [laugh]..

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Covid make me realize eating cai png n drinking teh c at kopitiam is such a bliss, esp. with frens n loved ones...i had took it for granted for the past 46 years, will eat more cai png after this friday [laugh]..

I haven't had my favourite teh c for 2.5 month, last week I tabao a packet of teh peng, it become so precious [laugh]

I will still won't missed cai png and economy bee hoon [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

4 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Actually 4-5 years ago I already had a change in my outlook of life, but the Covid experience actually reinforce them more than ever. They are

1) Always try to be self-reliance on income matters or at least develop few streams of income if you are under employment.  Jobs can diminish overnight,  and we should never be caught with sudden financial hardship 

2) Always find opportunity to develop another skillset no mater how old is the age, Investing in own education is never a waste .

3) Always find time to be with family. We don't need covid to bring everyone together  at home again.

4) Always treat others kindly, respectfully and be considerate of them even if they don't treat me the same. Life is fragile, and we can be gone in a very short time. When that day happens, I want to leave with good memories that I have done my best for humankind. 

If we (all human kind) have all come to realise and practice these 4 points, then covid-19 will disappear even without medicine or vaccine found. 

Sounds very philosophical. But that's what I am thinking. Covid-19 is here to make us realise we have gone too far in searching relentlessly for progress. Life can be very simple and fulfilling. Don't need PMD. A bicycle is good enough

• Praise 2

planet earth is giving human a wake up call, many things will be different from 2020, and it is for the whole world.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Wind30 said:

Ya those people facing real hardship will not be posting in MCF anyway... 

Personally, I feel stressed out staying at home for so long. I really hope for work to resume and go back to work in the office. And go on my vacations... I miss my vacations. 

This Covid thing is actually a big test about society I feel. The individual infection risks are small but the economics effects are felt very unevenly throughout the society. 

Not true.  There can be forumers who are physically well off but mentally badly affected by the social isolation.  

Social isolation can be depressing as well.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2