How has covid-19 affected your outlook in life?

Philipkee

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Haha my exact same thoughts. Some food really taste so different when u dabao back for sure n it tastes like it comes from a different stall, cook. As for aircon, think we were abit unlucky as April to Aug are normally the really hot months, if CB was from Nov to Feb, it wouldn’t hv been so bad. 

Actually hasn't the past two months been a bit more cooling than usual? For one thing I notice it's raining a lot more.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

32 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Actually hasn't the past two months been a bit more cooling than usual? For one thing I notice it's raining a lot more.

April and May were hot months as far as I could remember and some days downright humid. June had rain esp the last 10-14 days but once it stops like now, humidity sets in. Maybe I'm too used to aircon in office so suffering when WFH so will switch on aircon if can't tahan.

• Praise 5

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

Me too.  Feel like taking leave this Friday just to go round all the coffee shops just to try the kopi o kosong while sitting on the coffee shop.  Who would have thought that.  If in January, anyone told me I will miss drinking kopi o kosong in a coffee shop I would have said him mad....  Who would have thought....

Just do it man... drink all the kopi o kosng to ur heart content, just make sure u dun kenna heart attack hor, given all the caffeine intake... heee

• Haha! 2

not really, it was hot in most of Apr & May.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
12 hours ago, RadX said:

So stay as u are... dun get married😂😂

Good to stay single for him. When Covid-19 is over. @Philipkee  can plan for another round the world trip. Maybe this time can include South American countries.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

Me too.  Feel like taking leave this Friday just to go round all the coffee shops just to try the kopi o kosong while sitting on the coffee shop.  Who would have thought that.  If in January, anyone told me I will miss drinking kopi o kosong in a coffee shop I would have said him mad....  Who would have thought....

Dont go on this fri, cause high chance will be crowded, cause people no sit at coffeshop for 2 months plus liao. Lol.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Cheesey74 said:

Covid make me realize eating cai png n drinking teh c at kopitiam is such a bliss, esp. with frens n loved ones...i had took it for granted for the past 46 years, will eat more cai png after this friday [laugh]..

It is fine eating cai png as long as you are happy, but you also have to remember there is no need to keep so much money for your next generation  , remember to pamper yourself from time to time.

I eat cai png  too but I will make sure I wont miss out a glass of wine or two ......quite so often.😄😄

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
8 hours ago, Jman888 said:

I haven't had my favourite teh c for 2.5 month, last week I tabao a packet of teh peng, it become so precious [laugh]

I will still won't missed cai png and economy bee hoon [laugh]

This weekend I will avoid eating out, expect to be super crowded.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

Hypersonic

For June, it really rains a lot recently and our air quality remains very good.

• Praise 1

Not much changes for me, maybe because I am better prepared (both mentally and physically) due to my line of work, which requires me to look ahead of what are coming...

I have to admit that there is 1 particular aspect I did not pay attention to until it hit me: Mental Health of old folks. My mum has been staying alone after my dad passing, and going out to exercise and participate in religious activities is part of her daily routine, until CCB kicks in.

She suddenly find herself trapped at home with nothing to do, and almost went into mild depression. While my daughter called here everyday, in fact multiple time a day, she still feel very lost and helpless. She is not those type that like to watch TV program, read a lot or have phone conversation for hours, so we were all cracking our heads trying to think of something to occupy her time. Whatsapp her interesting videos, photos, get my relatives to call her on and off, etc.

Lucky she was called upon by a friend to sew face mask for young kids (voluntary work sponsored by some charity organisation), so that solve the problem for a while. Once she finished her assignment, she feels bored and lost again. Now with the easing of CCB, we are able to visit her more often (but still less frequent before the pandemic outbreak), so she is more cheerful in the recent weeks.

I guess I will have to do more research and reading to prevent similar situation from arising, maybe not for another CCB, but when she is less mobile in the years to come. I guess most of us will be facing similar situation at some point of our life, so any suggestion are welcome (and getting us better prepared).

• Praise 15

39 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

I have to admit that there is 1 particular aspect I did not pay attention to until it hit me: Mental Health of old folks. 

I dont think it's old folks per se but more of old folks living alone.  During my work, I realise many old folks live alone.  And I wonder how they are during the time they cannot even go out to meet their friends at the void decks....

(edited)
1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Good to stay single for him. When Covid-19 is over. @Philipkee  can plan for another round the world trip. Maybe this time can include South American countries.

Nah. Probably focus on getting my foreign villager wife and getting that Honda City :D

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
11 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Nah. Probably focus on getting my foreign villager wife and getting that Honda City :D

No round the world tour, can have a round Vietnam tour.

I have 2 known person with Vietnamese wife already.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Not much changes for me, maybe because I am better prepared (both mentally and physically) due to my line of work, which requires me to look ahead of what are coming...

I have to admit that there is 1 particular aspect I did not pay attention to until it hit me: Mental Health of old folks. My mum has been staying alone after my dad passing, and going out to exercise and participate in religious activities is part of her daily routine, until CCB kicks in.

She suddenly find herself trapped at home with nothing to do, and almost went into mild depression. While my daughter called here everyday, in fact multiple time a day, she still feel very lost and helpless. She is not those type that like to watch TV program, read a lot or have phone conversation for hours, so we were all cracking our heads trying to think of something to occupy her time. Whatsapp her interesting videos, photos, get my relatives to call her on and off, etc.

Lucky she was called upon by a friend to sew face mask for young kids (voluntary work sponsored by some charity organisation), so that solve the problem for a while. Once she finished her assignment, she feels bored and lost again. Now with the easing of CCB, we are able to visit her more often (but still less frequent before the pandemic outbreak), so she is more cheerful in the recent weeks.

I guess I will have to do more research and reading to prevent similar situation from arising, maybe not for another CCB, but when she is less mobile in the years to come. I guess most of us will be facing similar situation at some point of our life, so any suggestion are welcome (and getting us better prepared).

Bro I have been posting this for a while, but Lexapro works big time. It's literally dark clouds to bright sunshine. It has to be prescribed by a doctor though. Don't let depression defeats her, and then all of you who love her....

Supersonic

Mental health of a person cannot be neglected, regardless of the age. Have to look out for such people around us.

During CB period, if your house have extra room and possible to accommodate your mother or father if they live alone, can just arrange them to go to your house to stay during this CB period until the measures have ease.

Cause my blk has one old folk neighbour who stay alone and i notice that he has disappeared from his house eversince the start of CB in Apr until today. Cause i always saw him stand outside the corridor area everyday. Looks like he must have gone to stay with his children or relative temporary. See if he returns back to his house after this fri? 😂

• Praise 1

1. This pandemic is forcing the whole world into adapting disruptive technologies, particularly into the online world. People generally don't welcome changes to their daily lives, but when the "bo pian" situation arrives, they have to accept the new norm. This definitely helps to accelerate technology advancement by a few years. Just like what world war 1 did.

2. Not all Americans are as smart as we think. I literally lol when I heard that they think covid19 is a conspiracy theory. 

3. Mother earth always have ways to keep human population in check.

4. Life will never be the same again or at least a proven stable vaccine is available. Even got vaccine, virus might mutate and render it useless. It will be hard to go to BKK for a weekend trip.

5. Life is very fragile. One minute you are here, and another minute you may be gone. Do appreciate the people around you, even your enemy or colleges who backstabbed you. 

6. WiFi is very important, so is Netflix.

7. Most ladies look prettier with masks on. 

8. You can't go jogging with mask on.

9. I spend more money at home than outside.

10. Tabao create alot of plastic waste. As consumers, we should do our part to reduce usage. If not, wash the plastic containers or lids and put them in the recycle bin.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

On 6/17/2020 at 6:59 PM, Philipkee said:

You missing out on the Latinas. We are a global city / country.

maybe you come back with Brazilian, Venezuelan, Colombian or Argentine wife leh.  Dont write that off.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

hopefully after this, fellow Singaporeans can slow down their pace a little in this competitive world and once in a while take a moment to appreciate everything around them...

positivity breeds positivity.... more of it will be good for everyone

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2