Maserati drivers come in chit chat

NightWind

Hi all just looking for any Maserati drivers to come together and chat and share their rides and experiences.

My ride is an old Maserati Graturismo 4.2L NA 

↡ Advertisement

Not an owner. But I've driven a GT. Unfortunately, I found it to be a relatively slow car and the auto GB left a lot to be desired. It was very comfortable for a sports car and quite luxurious though.

• Praise 2

Yes its not a quick car, n its heavy. The ride is hard too so its not comfy. But the engine feels so smooth n the exhaust note is lovely.

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, NightWind said:

Yes its not a quick car, n its heavy. The ride is hard too so its not comfy. But the engine feels so smooth n the exhaust note is lovely.

Yes, Italian cars do sound nice. 

Ridewise, I didn't find it harsh at all but the last few cars I've daily driven have all been much harsher so haha. 

Edited by Turboflat4

Well mine is a old 2008 GT n a real bone shaker. Maybe if its bnib the ride would be more comfy. I did have the workshop check the shocks n suspension n they said its all good. 

But my previous rides r all the usual german sedans n coupes. So maybe my butt is spoilt rotten.

Supercharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, NightWind said:

Well mine is a old 2008 GT n a real bone shaker. Maybe if its bnib the ride would be more comfy. I did have the workshop check the shocks n suspension n they said its all good. 

But my previous rides r all the usual german sedans n coupes. So maybe my butt is spoilt rotten.

Best sounding V8 by a mile .

Having owned the GT , GTS Cambio and the MCS , only feels the MCS ride a bit harsh , but the exhaust note makes up for it . 

maybe you should have your GT suspension recheck again . GT and GTS are supposed to be touring cars hence the ride have always been pretty comfortable .

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Hubwee said:

Best sounding V8 by a mile .

Having owned the GT , GTS Cambio and the MCS , only feels the MCS ride a bit harsh , but the exhaust note makes up for it . 

maybe you should have your GT suspension recheck again . GT and GTS are supposed to be touring cars hence the ride have always been pretty comfortable .

I had the workshop check the suspension several times n even suggested replacing the shock absorbers but they insist they r fine.

My wife n a friend who sat in it did not think anything was wrong too. So maybe its my ocd

(edited)
3 hours ago, Raychay said:

Power 302kW (405 bhp)

Torque 460 Nm

Acceleration 5.2s (0-100 km/h)

but why slow?

I think slow is used in a relative sense when compared to similarly specced cars like R8 or Aston Martin Vantage. Of coz these r faster as ther r 2 seater coupes. N r also far less pratical.

Fyi i drive my GT daily fer groccery shopping etc.

Its also a heavy car at 1.8tonnes. The boot lid is so heavy my wife cannot even lift it. And its manually opened.

Edited by NightWind

2 hours ago, claraelite said:

i always adore maserati, classy design!

Me 2 although i only like the Graturismos design n its Ferrari built engine. I dont like the Ghibli or Quotroportte

19 hours ago, NightWind said:

I think slow is used in a relative sense when compared to similarly specced cars like R8 or Aston Martin Vantage. Of coz these r faster as ther r 2 seater coupes. N r also far less pratical.

Fyi i drive my GT daily fer groccery shopping etc.

Its also a heavy car at 1.8tonnes. The boot lid is so heavy my wife cannot even lift it. And its manually opened.

Does the acceleration feel like 5.2 seconds to you?

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Raychay said:

Does the acceleration feel like 5.2 seconds to you?

I think so but tbh i never tried pushing her. Shes 12yrs old. I did not buy the GT fer raw performance. Its more for the feel of the na v8 just cruising n sound of the engine...n her looks.

I think this is the last gen of Maseratis with na v8 4.2L with a Ferrari engjne. Future generations of Maseratis will have reduced capacity, downsized prob on turbo, n the partnership with Ferrari would have ended with this Maserati Granturismo.  So its owning a piece of history.

Edited by NightWind
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 6/21/2020 at 6:09 PM, NightWind said:

Hi all just looking for any Maserati drivers to come together and chat and share their rides and experiences.

My ride is an old Maserati Graturismo 4.2L NA 

Hope yours doesn't have the timing variator issue. Nowadays resale mkt a lot of COE GTs on sale,  prices have come down alot making it relatively quite affordable. Less than 3 owners also very hard to come by. 

6 minutes ago, Mclaren_ said:

Hope yours doesn't have the timing variator issue. Nowadays resale mkt a lot of COE GTs on sale,  prices have come down alot making it relatively quite affordable. Less than 3 owners also very hard to come by. 

Duno. Hope its been addressed s i got it very cheap. So far no issues...touch wood.

I dont own one but if one day I had money, this one is impressive. 

Maserati MC20 Unveiled Globally: A Supercar Combining Italian Design & F1 Technology.

...3.0-litre engine can produce 622bhp at 7500rpm....

https://sg.yahoo.com/style/maserati-mc20-unveiled-globally-supercar-210048421.html

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement