Group Drive To KL or Kuantan

NightWind

50 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

What is rare earth processing plant? hahahhaha. Sound dangerous leh. 😅

Can replace your phone and car rechargeable batteries there cheap cheap, direct from source. LOL...

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Shibadog said:

I like driving up on the east coast. Very peaceful and tranquil. I went to Kelantan too, which has a very different vibe (in a good way). Friendly people, nice food. Just need to avoid the monsoon season.

If only I had chatted with you before my last trip. During my last trip there, I was caught by torrential storm and flooding along the way. 

Thankfully, my trusty Subaru never left my whole family stranded at the roadside. We pressed on and had one hell of exciting drive along the way. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Sarapo said:

If only I had chatted with you before my last trip. During my last trip there, I was caught by torrential storm and flooding along the way. 

Thankfully, my trusty Subaru never left my whole family stranded at the roadside. We pressed on and had one hell of exciting drive along the way. 

Forester?

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Sarapo said:

alamak. What subie is that? I drive a subie too (my third).

All three have gone thru floods of various degrees [laugh], incld a particularly scary one at night after coming down from Cameron Highlands en route to Ipoh.

when msia east coast flood, it can be quite widespread. Usually reported in news.

5 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Post covid-19, with many jobless and penisless people roaming around, robbers are more of a threat than corona virus. LOL...

So true! So true indeed!

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

haha. depends lah. if we drive up with Kenari with singapore plate, the robber won't even take a look at us one.

He will be thinking, own people, let him pass. 😊

I like your positivity! Maybe can plan one. By marking the itinerary and activities first. No point doing a concrete date for now. You cannot guarantee anything for now.

I never been to Kuantan before. There got what to do arh?

I was in BMW convoy drive years back. We stayed at club med there. Kuantan is on east coast n has nice beaches i think.

I also wana check out the beach villas there, if any....

• Praise 1

I won't even suggest a group trip up north, Of course it would be nice if borders open, however I beg to differ current situation when many of Malaysian are jobless and hungry for foods & work, those ' siow lang ' will do anything to target Singapore's car plate . . .

14 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I won't even suggest a group trip up north, Of course it would be nice if borders open, however I beg to differ current situation when many of Malaysian are jobless and hungry for foods & work, those ' siow lang ' will do anything to target Singapore's car plate . . .

The reason ppl suggest Group Trip is because of what you mentioned above.

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

The reason ppl suggest Group Trip is because of what you mentioned above.

yes, if any would-be hijacker appears,  one just needs to outrun the slowest car in the group [:p]

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Shibadog said:

yes, if any would-be hijacker appears,  one just needs to outrun the slowest car in the group [:p]

Are you sure can outrun those Kancil?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, NightWind said:

I was in BMW convoy drive years back. We stayed at club med there. Kuantan is on east coast n has nice beaches i think.

I also wana check out the beach villas there, if any....

cherating? yes, very nice beach. I think the beaches north of pantai cempadak (which is closest to Kuantan city) get better as one heads north towards Terengganu.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Are you sure can outrun those Kancil?

outrun the slowest car in own group, not the hijacker group

btw i'm told that nowadays the fastest car in Msia is Myvi not Kancil [laugh]

Edited by Shibadog
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

outrun the slowest car in own group, not the hijacker group

btw i'm told that nowadays the fastest car in Msia is Myvi not Kancil [laugh]

Er i guess its been heavily modded? How fast?

7 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

cherating? yes, very nice beach. I think the beaches north of pantai cempadak (which is closest to Kuantan city) get better as one heads north towards Terengganu.

Yes whole convoy stayed at Club med cherating. It was a full days drive i recall. Have u been there?

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, NightWind said:

Yes whole convoy stayed at Club med cherating. It was a full days drive i recall. Have u been there?

nope I didn't stay there. I prefer smaller n more local places.

which route did you take after leaving Singapore? there are 3 main routes that I know of. Or maybe 2, if your trip was quite long ago.

↡ Advertisement