Group Drive To KL or Kuantan

NightWind

(edited)
6 hours ago, Shibadog said:

yes am aware of this case but i'm sure it's probably a very small % that get accosted and/or robbed.

I see in your other posts that you got a Maser? perhaps ask the maser grp if anyone is keen to join. Or join an AAS driving trip when they resume.

I have friends that won't drive into Msia for the same reason (even in a convoy), but they will happily hitch a ride with me [laugh] 

that being said, in my opinion, if one has a great fear of this happening, I think it's better not to go, even in a group; It won't be a peaceful and pleasant trip.

Gd suggestion bro. I totally forgot about AAS. Will go take a look.  I dont wana join Maserati or Porker group. They prob drive fast n i just want a pleasant cruise in my old bone shaker.

Update, i checked AAS n all Auto Adventures suspended till further notice. I guess we really r stuck in Sg rest of this yr.

Edited by NightWind
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
28 minutes ago, NightWind said:

Gd suggestion bro. I totally forgot about AAS. Will go take a look.  I dont wana join Maserati or Porker group. They prob drive fast n i just want a pleasant cruise in my old bone shaker.

Update, i checked AAS n all Auto Adventures suspended till further notice. I guess we really r stuck in Sg rest of this yr.

SAFRA some time also organized convoy road trip up north.

I know they have a yearly road trip to East Coast and Cameron Highland with total of 4 to 5 nights normally around Mar. Always saw this in the NSman mag.

I google and this comes out.

27625209_1809384575792457_3120528437708840618_o.jpg

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2

TS, since u are new to this car, drive up solo first to know how it handles, its potential & setbacks is better than joining a group drive.   

Convoy driving may be exciting but it has its own dangers.   Most tend to place blind faith in the driving abilities of others within same convoy; many accidents had happened to vehicles within same convoy, fyi. 

• Praise 3

book a limo to take you to JB

rent a car there and go anywhere you want

come back by jiuhu taxi

sg plate is a sign " I am from Singapore, come rob me "

economic hardships in Malaysia will be 10 times more than Singapore in coming months.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

book a limo to take you to JB

rent a car there and go anywhere you want

come back by jiuhu taxi

sg plate is a sign " I am from Singapore, come rob me "

economic hardships in Malaysia will be 10 times more than Singapore in coming months.

Just be careful of the car conditions, especially the brakes. Ever rented a Proton which brake like a VLCC.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, TameDriver said:

TS, since u are new to this car, drive up solo first to know how it handles, its potential & setbacks is better than joining a group drive.   

Convoy driving may be exciting but it has its own dangers.   Most tend to place blind faith in the driving abilities of others within same convoy; many accidents had happened to vehicles within same convoy, fyi. 

Drive up solo? No way bro. I dont do that anymore. Too risky. I need the safety of a convoy n i drive slow. I been in convoy b4 n yes it does take more patience but much safer

13 hours ago, Meanmachine said:

I won't even suggest a group trip up north, Of course it would be nice if borders open, however I beg to differ current situation when many of Malaysian are jobless and hungry for foods & work, those ' siow lang ' will do anything to target Singapore's car plate . . .

Er thats why i propose safer group drive.

12 hours ago, Shibadog said:

nope I didn't stay there. I prefer smaller n more local places.

which route did you take after leaving Singapore? there are 3 main routes that I know of. Or maybe 2, if your trip was quite long ago.

Sorry i cant remember which route we took. It was 11yrs back. We did use NS highway in 1st part before hitting the B roads. N it took a full days drive. We started early morn n arrived in evening

1 hour ago, NightWind said:

Sorry i cant remember which route we took. It was 11yrs back. We did use NS highway in 1st part before hitting the B roads. N it took a full days drive. We started early morn n arrived in evening

The likely route is exit at Tangkak. Segamat => Muadzam Shah => East Coast Highway

Hypersonic

Going to Kuantan I will not take NSHW.

Route 3 is nice, driving through some small village . At some portion along side South China Sea at the side. No need to rush and drive at relax pace.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Route 3 is nice, driving through some small village . At some portion along side South China Sea at the side. No need to rush and drive at relax pace.

Yup this route very scenic and have taken this almost every alternate years when the kids are younger.

Can even detour through some quiet village along the way. The stretch along the South China sea is the most beautiful.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic
(edited)

trouble with route 3 is year end scared monsoon season and mid year scared forest fires.....really is no where to run 

but yah...its scenic for those stretches where can see the sea

😅

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 2

On 6/22/2020 at 9:55 AM, NightWind said:

Hi all m just wondering after covic19, i prefer to drive, if possible, to next vacation. Its safer than being in a confined cabin in a plane.

R there any group drives being organised for a safe drive up north to KL or Kuantan pls?

M planning fer a post covic19 drive up.

I might drive up KL (Mid-Valley) if covid is better and no restriction for overseas. You can always join me if you want.

No worry, I do not drive fast.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Tohto said:

Yup this was the road trip i used to travelled with my late Dad, the best East Caost all the way to Kuantan to Kuala Trengganu to visit my Uncle & Family, Turtle laying eggs and the sandy white beaches and famous for batik printing, their best snack is the dark and pale fish, prawn dried crackers, which you can order in crate boxes.

The beach was one of the best memory i can remb;" White cloud, Blue Sky and Green coconut trees , against the sea breeze on the bike cruising . . . "

• Praise 2

20 hours ago, Tohto said:

Forester?

20 hours ago, Shibadog said:

alamak. What subie is that? I drive a subie too (my third).

All three have gone thru floods of various degrees [laugh], incld a particularly scary one at night after coming down from Cameron Highlands en route to Ipoh.

when msia east coast flood, it can be quite widespread. Usually reported in news.

21 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Bad idea to press through the water.

I am driving an outback.

I pressed on after judging the wading depth by the truck in front. The wading depth of outback should be around 400mm. Forester should have an even higher wading depth than that since it's taller. 

I took AH18 that time and more than half of the drive was in the torrential storm. If I had chosen NSH route, it would have been much less eventful. lol

But after that trip, I was very pleased I bought the right car. 

• Praise 3

5 hours ago, NightWind said:

Drive up solo? No way bro. I dont do that anymore. Too risky. I need the safety of a convoy n i drive slow. I been in convoy b4 n yes it does take more patience but much safer

The drive up to KL/ Kuantan is probably safer than the 2 destinations on its own.  Unless you like group shopping/ makan. In KL, if you are worried about driving around a flashy car, just grab or taxi.

Actually the safer places are further north of Kuantan. Less drug issues than in big cities. 

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

The drive up to KL/ Kuantan is probably safer than the 2 destinations on its own.  Unless you like group shopping/ makan. In KL, if you are worried about driving around a flashy car, just grab or taxi.

Actually the safer places are further north of Kuantan. Less drug issues than in big cities. 

Its not the destination alone, its the drive....

↡ Advertisement