Malaysia Touch 'N Go Card post-COVID-19

Kangadrool

20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I had RM700 deposit with PJ Hilton.  RM200 was refunded a few days later.

RM200 is deposit for petrol.  I think that's the maximum amount for each pump.

Yeah I hope no cock up there.

Cos at least hotel I can email to ask if got issue. And my hotel precharge got amended to the correct amount yesterday for Westin Langkawi (checked out on sat am). 

Haha petrol station how to ask. Have to suck it up. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Steptronic said:

Normally Precharge is shown with "Pending" in most of the cards and when the actual amount is billed, this precharge is replaced by actual amount. No personal exp on youtrip though.

Hopefully it's cos it's a debit card issue. 

3 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I have only 1 "operational" CC for MY petrol.  It is normal to see deposits initially.

So far, all my charges are correct.

Operational => CC with pin code.

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Hey guys. Didn't notice this but I used my youtrip card to pump petrol at the petronas kiosk in Langkawi. 

Last time I paid cash. And I know for Malaysia it's normal to prepay first to prevent u running away or what. 

Issit normal to have the pre charge still existing not deducted from the actual charge? I pumped on Friday. 

I only realized when I was checking my hotel deposit precharge to make Sure I got my money back. 

Screenshot_2022-11-29-10-53-46-04_c2068351f88e38917a849d723f905994.jpg

What I understand is the actual amount will be deducted few days later and the RM200 deposit released. Might depend on the station's CC clearance cycle?

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Hey guys. Didn't notice this but I used my youtrip card to pump petrol at the petronas kiosk in Langkawi. 

Last time I paid cash. And I know for Malaysia it's normal to prepay first to prevent u running away or what. 

Issit normal to have the pre charge still existing not deducted from the actual charge? I pumped on Friday. 

I only realized when I was checking my hotel deposit precharge to make Sure I got my money back. 

usually they clear it within 1-3days but i've had a case where it wasn't cleared after 7 days so i contacted youtrip customer service and they rectified it promptly. 

my case was the petrol station making a prepayment for rm200 of ron95 (despite me asking for 97) which i only found out when back at the pump. Went back to them to cancel it and made another payment for rm200 of ron97. 

• Praise 2

15 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

usually they clear it within 1-3days but i've had a case where it wasn't cleared after 7 days so i contacted youtrip customer service and they rectified it promptly. 

my case was the petrol station making a prepayment for rm200 of ron95 (despite me asking for 97) which i only found out when back at the pump. Went back to them to cancel it and made another payment for rm200 of ron97. 

Thanks will wait few more days then contact youtrip

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Normally will take a few working days i guess. i was in the US and the actual charge came in like 3 to 4 days later. 

You can wait a few more days first. 

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I have only 1 "operational" CC for MY petrol.  It is normal to see deposits initially.

So far, all my charges are correct.

Operational => CC with pin code.

I agree. I also use only on credit card and perfect for ages. One time, the cashier used my card to pay some motorbike bill wrongly (if we go to left most counter, they take care of motorbike cutomers standing outside parallelly). He called his supervisor and she did something here and there and charged my card (again) for my bill and she confirmed that she cancelled the motorbike bill. I was not so hopefull then and never bothered also as the other bill was so low.

In CC app, I was able to see both as "pending" and on third day, motorcycle entry was gone.

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, AndrewLee72 said:

Ok, so better pay Cash over at MY petrol stations! haha

I try to be cashless. Only use cash for like places that really no choice. Don't like to get coins back since it's an insignificant amount and troublesome. Gave some coins to a busker. 

So far tng app is quite good for most convenience stores etc. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

4 hours ago, Lala81 said:

3-5 working days for shell, more or less standard for all kiosk. You self-pumped at the kiosk itself? I can't seems to make my youtrip activate the pump, tried at shell and petronas JB

https://support.shell.my/hc/en-my/articles/360001528165-Why-is-there-a-pre-authorised-amount-of-RM200-being-charged-from-my-card-when-I-use-my-credit-debit-card-at-the-pump-

• Praise 2

47 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

3-5 working days for shell, more or less standard for all kiosk. You self-pumped at the kiosk itself? I can't seems to make my youtrip activate the pump, tried at shell and petronas JB

https://support.shell.my/hc/en-my/articles/360001528165-Why-is-there-a-pre-authorised-amount-of-RM200-being-charged-from-my-card-when-I-use-my-credit-debit-card-at-the-pump-

Self pumped

46 minutes ago, Xefera said:

side track a bit since everyone talking about youtrip. 

anyone tried withdrawing money from youtrip back into their bank accounts?

There is no such functions in youtrip. 

Once funds transferred to youtrip, you can only use up the available funds inside.

• Praise 2

On 11/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, Kopites said:

Not sure though as wifey has not idea when was the card linked. 

Anyway seem like many "unknown" so likely to borrow another card as standby. 

Did you managed to use your TNG card?

I have a Watson TNG card expiry 2027 but havent used since 2019, checked on the TNG web portal shows status "active". Hope its good to go.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:40 AM, Lala81 said:

You must have pumped at Petronas. Don't use Youtrip card at Petronas, the refund will take a few days but you will eventually get it. I find it bloody troublesome to track/ monitor.

Shell generally doesn't have this issue (debit, hold and refund), I think.

The FX rates don't look that attractive.  

54 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

Did you managed to use your TNG card?

I have a Watson TNG card expiry 2027 but havent used since 2019, checked on the TNG web portal shows status "active". Hope its good to go.

Next week will be going over to Malaysia. I will keep you posted. 

• Praise 2

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

You must have pumped at Petronas. Don't use Youtrip card at Petronas, the refund will take a few days but you will eventually get it. I find it bloody troublesome to track/ monitor.

Shell generally doesn't have this issue (debit, hold and refund), I think.

The FX rates don't look that attractive.  

Eh in Langkawi it's between petronas and this shady looking buraq oil or something... Didn't see any other petrol stations. 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1