Malaysia Touch 'N Go Card post-COVID-19

Kangadrool

My TnG card going to expire soon next year March.

Seem like we have no chance to reopen border any time soon. My card will expire...can't help it....just let it go.

The problem is what to get one in Singapore to enter Malaysia ???

↡ Advertisement

Don't expect too much news on bolehland VEP stuff, JB town alone is partly ghost town by day and scary night by evening. MY malaysian kakis don't even chat much nowsday due to this difficult times, most only want to find work and pay their bills and simple fare of 2 meals a day now.

Treat the TNG as donation to them, thy need more cash flow to get by . . . 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Neopcn07 said:

My TnG card going to expire soon next year March.

Seem like we have no chance to reopen border any time soon. My card will expire...can't help it....just let it go.

The problem is what to get one in Singapore to enter Malaysia ???

Find someone hires you to work in Msia lo.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:02 AM, Kangadrool said:

My TnG card will be entering into an "inactive" status tomorrow on 24th June since last road trip. As we are in unprecedented times with restricted travel and there's no way I can enter MY now, I tried to resuscitate my looming "inactive" TnG card again.

Digging into their 27 pages of FAQ encyclopedia, under section 2.8 Dormant Card, subsection 2.8.1, it states that "Card linked to Touch 'n Go eWallet (PayDirect function) will not become Dormant and Dormant Fee is not applicable....." I proceeded to register my card with eWallet and to play it safe, topped up a grand RM10.00 into it.

Not sure if my interpretation is correct wrt to Bolehland's England, my understanding is, now my TnG card is forever active until expiry, i.e. no need to use/top up every 12 months without incurring inactive fee???

I hope that when it is safe to travel again, my TnG card will not become "inactive" thereby causing a traffic snarl at the checkpoint or their TnG prata did not flip by then. LOL 

yes the TnG app was mentioned in another thread as a means to keep our TnG card active.

I just tried to add my TnG card to the TnG ewallet app. Transaction timed out.

Friend in KL then tried with his spare card. Also failed.

Probably a server issue. Hope this is resolved soon. My card was last used in Feb 2020.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 5:24 PM, Shibadog said:

yes the TnG app was mentioned in another thread as a means to keep our TnG card active.

I just tried to add my TnG card to the TnG ewallet app. Transaction timed out.

Friend in KL then tried with his spare card. Also failed.

Probably a server issue. Hope this is resolved soon. My card was last used in Feb 2020.

managed to add the TNG card today. Hope more people do this otherwise they will face major traffic snarl when borders open. Many TnG cards would hv become dormant by then.

• Praise 1

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 5:31 PM, inlinesix said:

Screenshot from my TnG app.  I sent spared card to MY friend to try it out.

IMG_1954.jpg

can name the card if u wish. I named mine as Feb 2026, which is the expiry date of my card LOL. Useful for those with more than 1 card.

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Neopcn07 said:

I do not want to make thing so complicated. Furthermore this "wallet" thing always come with problems.....

Anyone buy TnG card from Lazada before? Reiable?

I added the TNG card to the ewallet but I didn't top up any credit to the ewallet itself. So it's not that complicated.

37 minutes ago, Shibadog said:

can name the card if u wish. I named mine as Feb 2026, which is the expiry date of my card LOL. Useful for those with more than 1 card.

Expiry date can be seen from app.  I bother to name it.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:14 PM, Neopcn07 said:

I do not want to make thing so complicated. Furthermore this "wallet" thing always come with problems.....

Anyone buy TnG card from Lazada before? Reiable?

why not reliable? it's from EZLink SG

Edited by Dafansu

10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

What is not needed?

sorry didn't quote properly 

Monday at 04:07 PM

once added to the app, do we need to do anything further to keep the physical card active after 1 year of non usage?

• Praise 1