Malaysia Touch 'N Go Card post-COVID-19

Kangadrool

2 hours ago, Blackaccent said:

Actually is true. Can top up does not mean can use.

Best is to standby another card.

My experience to share...

I have a TNG card (Expire Date: 20/05/2028) last used on March 2020 just before Malaysia MCO.

Managed to add this card to TNG App and top up in one of the 7-11 store in May this year after Malaysia borders opened. 

Tried using the card on 29/05 at the Woodlands Checkpoint and no issues at all. Both readers (Top and Bottom) at the counter can use.

Just when I thought the card still can be used, I proceeded to top up the card for future use before I come back SG.

To my surprise, all 5 different petrol kiosk I went to said my card is invalid hence cannot top up.

I was thinking how can it be since I just used it to enter malaysia hours ago but is true.

Fast forward to the most recent trip (2 weeks ago) when I tried to used the card, it still cannot be used.

Be it paying toll or carpark charges. It says invalid card.

One strange thing I realised is this TNG card can be used to deduct the RM$20.00 at the checkpoint but not the $2.37. Dunno why. 

I think because your card is in dormant status. Can top up but cannot use. Need to bring to TnG customer service centre to "unlock" the dormant status if i'm not wrong.

↡ Advertisement

36 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

I think because your card is in dormant status. Can top up but cannot use. Need to bring to TnG customer service centre to "unlock" the dormant status if i'm not wrong.

Maybe bah.

But funny thing is it can use it to deduct RM$20.00 road charge at Woodlands Custom but says invalid when I try to tap on the RM$2.37 reader.

Anyway, it left RM$1.60 inside after I use 2 times for the road charge and cannot top up anymore.

So I just leave it a it is.

Edited by Blackaccent

I also have 2 TnG cards "expired" when my Bro-in-law tried to use it few months ago when I lend him.

Its true - can top up - but cannot use! Welcome to MY ! Bought 1 card from my fren - his spare card. December going in KSL, will try bring the 2 expired cards go there check with Watson or the petrol kiosks there , it not sayang cos I think got at least 100 over RM inside those old cards. Sigh.

26 minutes ago, AndrewLee72 said:

I also have 2 TnG cards "expired" when my Bro-in-law tried to use it few months ago when I lend him.

Its true - can top up - but cannot use! Welcome to MY ! Bought 1 card from my fren - his spare card. December going in KSL, will try bring the 2 expired cards go there check with Watson or the petrol kiosks there , it not sayang cos I think got at least 100 over RM inside those old cards. Sigh.

This is easier https://customerservice.touchngo.com.my/erefund/

22 hours ago, badlammy said:

Source of truth is adding card to TnG app. If can add, then no problem.

I've posted earlier that I managed to top-up a card which is invalid and unable to add into the TnG app. End up I have to go through the hassle to get refund out of that invalid card.

how did you get the refund for the invalid cards?

1 minute ago, Akomono said:

my TnG card has not been used since late 2019 with a balance of around rm60...

recently went in October and the card can still be used too

have you linked the card to the app before?

57 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Don't need to be register

it says the card need to be registered on the portal before we can apply for the refund. will give it a try again.

hi all, me just downloaded the Touch N Go eWallet app. Is this the app which you can use to buy a new enhanced TNG card?

I tried to register for an account but it requires a M'sian mobile number to register... how to get around that?

I thought that i could buy a card from the app and have it sent to my vPost Msian address and freight fwd to SG.

Hey guys. Didn't notice this but I used my youtrip card to pump petrol at the petronas kiosk in Langkawi. 

Last time I paid cash. And I know for Malaysia it's normal to prepay first to prevent u running away or what. 

Issit normal to have the pre charge still existing not deducted from the actual charge? I pumped on Friday. 

I only realized when I was checking my hotel deposit precharge to make Sure I got my money back. 

Screenshot_2022-11-29-10-53-46-04_c2068351f88e38917a849d723f905994.jpg

Edited by Lala81

11 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Hey guys. Didn't notice this but I used my youtrip card to pump petrol at the petronas kiosk in Langkawi. 

Last time I paid cash. And I know for Malaysia it's normal to prepay first to prevent u running away or what. 

Issit normal to have the pre charge still existing not deducted from the actual charge? I pumped on Friday. 

I only realized when I was checking my hotel deposit precharge to make Sure I got my money back. 

Normally Precharge is shown with "Pending" in most of the cards and when the actual amount is billed, this precharge is replaced by actual amount. No personal exp on youtrip though.

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I had RM700 deposit with PJ Hilton.  RM200 was refunded a few days later.

RM200 is deposit for petrol.  I think that's the maximum amount for each pump.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1