How good is Pioneer's system? What about the latest DMH-Z6350BT?

serendipity

Neutral Newbie

I am wondering if I should get the Pioneer 

Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT: In-Dash Double-DIN Multimedia AV Receiver with Short Chassis and 6.8" Capacitive WVG Touchscreen Display, Built-in Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Built-in Bluetooth® and Full HD Video Playback from USB Device

https://sg.pioneercarentertainment.com/product/multimedia_receivers/DMH-Z6350BT

Does anyone have experience with Pioneer in general compared to alternatives? What about this latest touchscreen model? 

I think the 9" model might be too big, so thinking this 6.8" might fit nicely in a Vezel. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I wouldn't buy it because

Auto EQ No

Advanced Sound Retriever No

:grin:

I'm not an audiophile but those sound important? Wouldn't some of these features be standard with the latest models?

8 hours ago, serendipity said:

I'm not an audiophile but those sound important? Wouldn't some of these features be standard with the latest models?

Even older models have those. 

No need to buy the latest. 

:D

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, serendipity said:

I am wondering if I should get the Pioneer 

Pioneer DMH-Z6350BT: In-Dash Double-DIN Multimedia AV Receiver with Short Chassis and 6.8" Capacitive WVG Touchscreen Display, Built-in Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, Built-in Bluetooth® and Full HD Video Playback from USB Device

https://sg.pioneercarentertainment.com/product/multimedia_receivers/DMH-Z6350BT

Does anyone have experience with Pioneer in general compared to alternatives? What about this latest touchscreen model? 

I think the 9" model might be too big, so thinking this 6.8" might fit nicely in a Vezel. 

I think the biggest selling point for this headunit is the screen real estate, short chassis and capacitive touchscreen. It is very premium to have capacitive touchscreen for headunit. The touch will be more intuitive and the picture is clearer.

Specs wise, I think okay only.

But this headunit pair with a back up camera will be superb. Because of the screen. Sure can see very clearly.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

I think alot depends on what you will be using it for and what you intend to achieve. If not an audiophile and just want simple stuff like waze, youtube, one can even buy one tablet and just stick it over the original HU. 😄 Sound still can stream over via bluetooth if your current HU support. The only trade off is u can't see your reverse cam (if any). 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I think alot depends on what you will be using it for and what you intend to achieve. If not an audiophile and just want simple stuff like waze, youtube, one can even buy one tablet and just stick it over the original HU. 😄 Sound still can stream over via bluetooth if your current HU support. The only trade off is u can't see your reverse cam (if any). 

But hor once you tried apple carplay, you cannot go back le. hahah.

• Praise 1

i was also looking at the new Pioneer Z6350 and Z5350. when looking at these 2 models against the higher end Android HU . the Android HU has better specs and is easier to install for my Hyundai Elantra and more features. whereas the Pioneer normal 2-Din set need additional panel wire etc to plus more ex.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

never really like apple products. Even my tablet is Samsung. Once u go android, won't go back apple  😁

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
54 minutes ago, Kennethou said:

i was also looking at the new Pioneer Z6350 and Z5350. when looking at these 2 models against the higher end Android HU . the Android HU has better specs and is easier to install for my Hyundai Elantra and more features. whereas the Pioneer normal 2-Din set need additional panel wire etc to plus more ex.

Erm. I would still prefer the headunit from brands like Sony and pioneer. Not trying to say which is better.

But Android has never really work on a CarOS before. So they sure have their limitation.  Like how they failed in the tablet game.

The spec may be better. But after a few years of usage, the rom will be slow and the ram will be slow. Then you will feel frustrated.

What pioneer and sony are offering is a no-frill set up that can last you for very long. Plus they have an awesome sound set up and compatibility. 

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

never really like apple products. Even my tablet is Samsung. Once u go android, won't go back apple  😁

The list of apple product I own. . .

- iphone

- apple tv

- macbook

- ipad

- Sony (apple carplay headunit)

- Icloud (I pay for the storage)

Cannot go back le lah. 😂 They suck me until dry liao.

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

How's your Sony HU? Got pics?

• Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think the biggest selling point for this headunit is the screen real estate, short chassis and capacitive touchscreen. It is very premium to have capacitive touchscreen for headunit. The touch will be more intuitive and the picture is clearer.

Specs wise, I think okay only.

But this headunit pair with a back up camera will be superb. Because of the screen. Sure can see very clearly.

I am a big fan of the screen real estate. What headunit would be EVEN better, even if a bit more expensive? 

Neutral Newbie
1 minute ago, Hamburger said:

Me using 5350 and the touch screen is lousy to say the least.

Really! And is it the same screen on the 6350?

6 minutes ago, serendipity said:

Really! And is it the same screen on the 6350?

5350 is resistive.

Better to go for capacitive.

On another note, pioneer HU amplifier is pretty good. I changed the front pair speakers and was amazed by the sound quality.

17 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

The list of apple product I own. . .

- iphone

- apple tv

- macbook

- ipad

- Sony (apple carplay headunit)

- Icloud (I pay for the storage)

Cannot go back le lah. 😂 They suck me until dry liao.

Wah so many. I am going to buy Apple shares and earn your money. Hope you get a pay rise and buy more. 

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1