Using iPhone as Car Key

RickyWee

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

I can lock my car despite passenger door is still open.  Once passenger door is shut, it will be locked as well.

If passenger door  is not properly shut, need to unlock all door to slam it again.  After that, then lock.

I off the signal blinker.  Use my ear to know whether is locked or not.

Nice. The beep can sometime draw unwanted attention. I leave it tick in the setup menu of my car so that My misty memory of where I last park my car comes in handy. 

For those doors that is ajar but has catch onto the door jam, have to unlock and shut again. I was referring on the point where the door is shut properly BUT the deadbolt mechanism does not engage. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 6/24/2020 at 1:08 AM, Vinceng said:

I don't know what this world has become.

All these functions such as auto unlock/lock and auto start can be performed with the car key, and you don't need to further drain your car's battery with such features using the hand phone.

It's also ungreen to start the car prior & allow the engine to run. How difficult can it be to walk to your car and open the doors to allow the  hot air to escape before driving off?

In future, humans may be like queen bee, fat and clumsy and cannot move freely. All he can do is to use his mouth to command, or use eye balls!

• Praise 1

On 6/23/2020 at 12:02 PM, inlinesix said:

Nowadays, you can walk up to SafeEntry QR code and says "Hey Siri, Scan QR CODE"

But you still have to take your iPhone and position it to face the QR code and keep it in the target? Just don't need to press the click button with Siri that's all?

On 6/23/2020 at 1:33 PM, Voodooman said:

Yup.

But these days i use Singpass app. Don't need to scan. Just tap and register.  

How it work? Those safe entry signs have NFC ah?

• Praise 1

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

How it work? Those safe entry signs have NFC ah?

Go download your singpass app and try it out. Don't need to scan QR code anymore. I work better for me save for finding some small shops in a big mall.

A video says a thousand words. 

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1

On 6/28/2020 at 2:24 PM, marlonfrancis said:

To be honest, I do not recommend this practice, one of my close friends have used his mobile device as car keys, and after 2 months, his phone got hacked, and he needs to spend quite a big sum of money to get it fixed.

unlucky

↡ Advertisement