GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Krieger said:

I knew Ivan personally through his wife (who is in the education industry). He is a very smart guy. It is just the way he talked that might offend people. Even my front desk staff dislike him because of a repeat reminder over a lapse by my staff. 

It is a pity he is not running. He is indeed very smart, observant and straight to the point.  We need people like him to execute certain difficult decisions. In short he is just impatient and always thinking of something in his head. 

Alas. wasted. My fellow MCF members, at times some of us judge a person too fast. If we actually sit back and think of all those accusations...everyone has his/her own character settings. 

Well, its over for now for him. I wish him all the best. 

Too me it’s not wasted my friend, it’s good riddance..

Bring an MP must have compassion and empathy for the people and not being too smart for his own good..

Think he belongs to the corpseporate world..

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

9 minutes ago, Krieger said:

I knew Ivan personally through his wife (who is in the education industry). He is a very smart guy. It is just the way he talked that might offend people. Even my front desk staff dislike him because of a repeat reminder over a lapse by my staff. 

It is a pity he is not running. He is indeed very smart, observant and straight to the point.  We need people like him to execute certain difficult decisions. In short he is just impatient and always thinking of something in his head. 

Alas. wasted. My fellow MCF members, at times some of us judge a person too fast. If we actually sit back and think of all those accusations...everyone has his/her own character settings. 

He was introduced 3 weeks before election, so yeah judgement needs to be quick. Or you suggesting he should tag along into parliament and be on trial for next 5 years? 

He's age 42 already, if he has not already realised he has some character issues that may rub people the wrong way, "serving the people" is not a good job fit for him. 

• Praise 7

19 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Thank you. 

Nowadays all documentation of workers prior entering must be submitted and done in advance. No spare workers allowed.

I even required to attend that stupid csoc just to go there deliver mails. 🤣

Same for me. I had to attend a safety talk for 30mins before allowed into Keppel Shipyard  Benoi.

There is also a little known rule in Keppel. Once you have resigned from Keppel, you are not allowed into any of its shipyards for 2 years. 

13 minutes ago, Krieger said:

It's really not hard to find such people. 

They will do things in a way that offends everyone... one can say they get the job done.. but on the other hand, realllyyyyy need to destroy everyone around you top get the job done meh? 

Often it's the bosses who promote these toxic people over others who can get the same job done without destroying the team. 

You seem to encounter him more in a social circle.. if you had to work for him.. would you still be so charitable in your assessment?

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
16 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Aiyah many many people like that. MCF you throw one stone will hit one like that, and the stone will bounce off and hit another smarter one.  We always thinking of something else. No loss felt.

Yah, no lost, no lost.  Talents are aplenty. Nowadays, everyone on the street is so highly-educated and discerning, unlike my grandfather's time.

No party can Pian Ah Pek anymore.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Same for me. I had to attend a safety talk for 30mins before allowed into Keppel Shipyard  Benoi.

There is also a little known rule in Keppel. Once you have resigned from Keppel, you are not allowed into any of its shipyards for 2 years. 

wow !! that is harsh !!

even genting only bans ex-employees from returning as guests for 6 months only ... (that was what i was told about 10 years ago).

Hypersonic
49 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

This new citizen might be coming up with an excuse. In actual fact, he could be enjoying the generosity from pap so much that he might be more inclined to vote for the whites,like many other new citizens. 

My guess.

Many new citizens are grateful to PAP for giving them the citizenship. Make no mistake, they will vote for PAP.

I was with a viet lady and she said will definitely vote for PAP....knn.

• Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Krieger said:

It is not that other candidates are all pure but it was PAP that feel theirs were all spotlessly clean and start pointing fingers. The minute you want to participate,  you know you have to be game for this. So, an imperfect candidate cannot be in the team that is spotlessly clean. 

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Ganwb79 said:

He was introduced 3 weeks before election, so yeah judgement needs to be quick. Or you suggesting he should tag along into parliament and be on trial for next 5 years? 

He's age 42 already, if he has not already realised he has some character issues that may rub people the wrong way, "serving the people" is not a good job fit for him. 

In my line of work, I have encountered people like him, unfortunately it is this kind of people that will impress management and they will be the ones that will get promoted and head the team . 

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

It is not that other candidates are all pure but it was PAP that feel theirs were all spotlessly clean and start pointing fingers. The minute you want to participate,  you know you have to be game for this. So, an imperfect candidate cannot be in the team that is spotlessly clean. 

who call Ivan never buy this for his laundry ---> 

Superwhite.jpg.fa33b3f8b1c516338b4d8a11537998e6.jpg

• Haha! 8

(edited)

Self reliance is over rated.

What made Singapore is the team.

You had to ask the old boys, they will tell you in the line that it is how "I" interact with the others to get things done.

Even the chain smoker with a foul mouth generated respect, not so much love but still respect and therefore group.

What happened to no man left behind?

Aiyo. Bruised Mango.

This Ppp guy, if it is last burst of fire, why did he not go Mountbatten? The old shipyards scary place?

The background check is definitely available, sampan place...i know. It just might not be exhaustive. The smarter they are, the more important is the integrity.

Great way to highlight what can happen to wannabe politicians in Singapore. The old standards still hold sway. It shows what Singaporeans still value as a representative of the party.

What did he think, he can get away with so many bruised toes?

Even Caesar had his ides of March.

https://www.ancient.eu/article/48/the-roman-toga/

Edited by Datsun366
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Othello said:

his determination only lasted half a day ah ? [rolleyes]

thought SAF taught us to endure ?

this one strawberry ah ? [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Yes, when they started to point fingers at Yaw, then they were mmediately struck with Michael Palmer and David Ong.

Point one, get two from your own side.

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

28 minutes ago, Krieger said:

If you understand mandarin, he seems to be the typical "见高就拜,见底就踩". If you're beneath him, he won't give a 2 hoots about you, if you're above him, you can be sure he will be pandering to you.

A poor job fit for a MP, who is expected to have EQ and empathy. Is it too much to ask for a candidate to possess both smarts and EQ? After all, we're talking about the cream of the crop right?

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 3