GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

Turbocharged
7 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Heehee.   Becos i am so shocked that a mid forties PMET like him who lives in landed property, doing a good job, and elite by academics achievements hv perspectives of a 15 yr old. 

So i should just ignore him like he ignores me.....?

ok ok...👌🏻🙏

Somehow I'm not surprised at all by the number of new retards I find in this forum as the days go by.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Just now, Porker said:

Somehow I'm not surprised at all by the number of new retards I find in this forum as the days go by.

election then you return...

3 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

If a country is not there for the citizens but solely concern on economic gain, ushering FT to take away our jobs and deprive us of a better living, how are we expected to pledge our diligence? 

The incumbent really need to take a back seat and think for the people. Cause when shit happens, it is this people that will standby their country, not the FT. 

Not everything is measure by dollars and cents. 

I would like to change the incumbent to an ex. Just dump them, there is nothing left to pump...

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I know 2 groups sure vote for PAP. One is the rich people because they got to where they are under the PAP system and doesn’t want to rock the boat and want it to remain status quo.

The other is people working in the civil service sector. Like you said, it’s bread and butter for them.

Is it? Because of LKY?

With regard to the civil service, I've heard that certain bosses think nothing of casually telling their subordinates things like "You know who to vote for right? You know what's good for you right?". 

What do you think that bodes for the voting patterns of the CS? Regardless of whatever assurances they may make about secrecy of the vote (which, in my opinion, they've taken pains *not* to make as secret as they can feasibly make it, as I've mentioned here before). 

• Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Heehee.   Becos i am so shocked that a mid forties PMET like him who lives in landed property, doing a good job, and elite by academics achievements hv perspectives of a 15 yr old. 

ok ok...👌🏻🙏

truth be told, the reasoning of the person in question is akin to that of a high functioning asperges.  Totally no perspective of sense and is myopic to the core of one's own vision. 

Exactly the kind that I deal with and they have 'no emotion' BUT highly intellectual,...and that's it.  Their whole ethos impinges on that.

Case in point, see the series 'the good Doctor'.  Acumen and intellect intact, but that's about it. Social graces and other human socio-psychological aspects, ZERO.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Hypersonic
5 minutes ago, RadX said:

truth be told, the reasoning of the person in question is akin to that of a high functioning asperges.  Totally no perspective of sense and is myopic to the core of one's own vision. 

Exactly the kind that I deal with and they have 'no emotion' BUT highly intellectual,...and that's it.  Their whole ethos impinges on that.

Case in point, see the series 'the good Doctor'.  Acumen and intellect intact, but that's about it. Social graces and other human socio-psychological aspects, ZERO.

Can cut short?

Got IQ, no EQ.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Just now, Fcw75 said:

Can cut short?

Got IQ, no EQ.

eh as they say, 'sorry must explain'

so i give explain ok...nabei...u all ah cant please one😀

• Haha! 1

18 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I was on the road to becoming a technocrat when my father influenced me to abandon my PSC scholarship to Caltech and stay here to do Medicine. On the whole, that's given me a more balanced perspective as I more easily entertain views I would immediately have dismissed before. Dealing daily with patients and families of different backgrounds will do that. But people who stay in a narrow technical echo chamber rarely get the opportunity for this sort of epiphany. 

You could've been 4G or 5G MIW... Really have to thank your papa for his influence.

• Haha! 1

Actually a lot people tend to not know why the government is constantly increasing the cost of living eg "increase gst to 9%" , main reason is the government is trying to do is to eliminate those low income forcing them to leave, make space for the rich to come in to invest. Basically is either you work hard to become an elite or prepare to be eliminated, that's how cruel the society is.  At the end of the day the ones truly affected is those mid to low income range and sadly they are the ones that actually voted for the pap. This election government give out money like 财神爷making citizens happy but they fail to realize that the government is actually giving back the money we paid for taxes etc. Looking at the current situation even wp aljunied is at risk of losing to pap. Hopefully this election, wp is able to get east coast/marine parade, psp getting west coast and tanjong pagar with the help of lhy. And hopefully bukit batok residents giving Dr Chee a chance, he truly deserve to be elected, poor boy getting whack so many years but still willing to serve the nation. 

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, boonhat_91 said:

You could've been 4G or 5G MIW... Really have to thank your papa for his influence.

I need to be able to meet my eyes in the mirror in the morning. 😁

26 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

A lot of technically-oriented people "miss the point". And a lot of our gahmen are technocrats. 

I was on the road to becoming a technocrat when my father influenced me to abandon my PSC scholarship to Caltech and stay here to do Medicine. On the whole, that's given me a more balanced perspective as I more easily entertain views I would immediately have dismissed before. Dealing daily with patients and families of different backgrounds will do that. But people who stay in a narrow technical echo chamber rarely get the opportunity for this sort of epiphany. 

Getting back to the point of technocrats vs non-technocrats in terms of leadership capability, LHL is the archetypal high IQ technically-minded individual, whereas Jacinda Ardern is simply not anywhere in his league by any purely intellect-based metric. But based just on what she's done in handling two serious crises - the mosque shooting before and the COVID-19 crisis now, I would want her to govern our country over LHL any damn day.

Mai keh khe lah, you just prefer ladies.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

36 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

ok ok...👌🏻🙏

He sounds more like a Technician mindset.

Maybe there are a lot of ppl with similar characters out there

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, Porker said:

Welcome Back!

36 minutes ago, RadX said:

yes...we seen all of these...brilliant ppl in theory, BUT practically phail

you means lan jiao lang

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1