GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Damn!

This is so in line with my thought.

All the more municipal matter should be dealt separately from national matter.

Agreed. We should have local councillors elected for municipal and MP for national legislature. Otherwise we get embarassment like Lee Bee Wah in parliament even tho shes not bad on the ground

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Can have sex at 16.

Cannot post political message before 21.

Which 1 more serious huh?

You can die for your country at 18, but you can't choose who you want to die for until 21! 😄

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 7

Turbocharged
50 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Some posts I can but seriously if you are a PAP supporter, don’t say you are a moderate. I have friends exactly like that. 

Always say he’s open to both sides view but after hearing and even though opposition make so much more sense, still vote for PAP.

Anyway, just done what you did. Thanks.

There are people who throw smoke bombs just to be with the masses although they harbor different views. There are also people who pretend to know nothing about a particular topic and then make snide/sarcastic remarks just to feel superior. See the similarity in behavior?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

37 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Minister of education? 

No less 

国有国法, 校有笑。。。呃呃呃。。。

Photo Credit: Courtesy of a MCF brother’s wound

520743F7-E626-435D-812B-688AAD94F8CE.jpeg

F2437B98-185F-4D51-A099-1EABAD928564.gif

• Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Sad to say like what Pritam Singh said a lot of voters are relying on others to vote for the opposition. They dont want them to be in their own backyard. So what if voters are young? Those who are waiting for flat upgrading will confirm not want to vote for opposition camps. KNS.

It's likely back to the dark ages.

I don't quite agree. A good opposition candidate can win votes. Whether it's enough to win depends on few factors like how long he has walked the ground, which party he belongs to,  media exposure, what he says etc. That's why the better opposition parties and the better known candidates get more votes compared to their lesser known counterparts or those who just blow hot air. So eg if Jamus were to stand in SMC, i believe he will get votes but being a new face, it might not be enough to bring him home n also depends who is the PAP opponent as well. Paul Tambyah being his 2nd attempt at GE against a non Minister albeit a popular Liang Eng Hwa has an even chance of winning.

Singaporeans are not stupid. My take is there is a hardcore PAP support of about 40%, and a hardcore opposition support of about 30%. It's the middle 30% who is sitting on the fence which can win or lose a seat. Put in a strong candidate and there is a chance esp in single wards. The GRCs are harder to win unless the opposition slate has a few strong candidates.

This middle 30% will need to be convinced and unless they can be won over, they will remain status quo ie vote incumbent most times.  

• Praise 11

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

I don't quite agree. A good opposition candidate can win votes. Whether it's enough to win depends on few factors like how long he has walked the ground, which party he belongs to,  media exposure, what he says etc. That's why the better opposition parties and the better known candidates get more votes compared to their lesser known counterparts or those who just blow hot air. So eg if Jamus were to stand in SMC, i believe he will get votes but being a new face, it might not be enough to bring him home n also depends who is the PAP opponent as well. Paul Tambyah being his 2nd attempt at GE against a non Minister albeit a popular Liang Eng Hwa has an even chance of winning.

Singaporeans are not stupid. My take is there is a hardcore PAP support of about 40%, and a hardcore opposition support of about 30%. It's the middle 30% who is sitting on the fence which can win or lose a seat. Put in a strong candidate and there is a chance esp in single wards. The GRCs are harder to win unless the opposition slate has a few strong candidates.

This middle 30% will need to be convinced and unless they can be won over, they will remain status quo ie vote incumbent most times.  

I am less optimistic than what you said.

Based on past 2 GE results, so call middle is no more than 10%

• Praise 3

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I am less optimistic than what you said.

Based on past 2 GE results, so call middle is no more than 10%

If middle is 10% and opposition hardcore is 30% that means clean sweep for PAP but that's obviously not the case.

• Praise 6

Hypersonic
25 minutes ago, Porker said:

There are people who throw smoke bombs just to be with the masses although they harbor different views. There are also people who pretend to know nothing about a particular topic and then make snide/sarcastic remarks just to feel superior. See the similarity in behavior?

Yes, esp those with condescending tone. Don’t have to do that. Very very similar to the party they voted for. I see the similarity now. 🤣

Hypersonic

At least accomplished for now.

This is only a debate, imagine what CSJ can do in parliament. Vote him in please. 

He cornered Miss Vivian and made him lose his cool, who kept saying Nonsense Nonsense.

Loving it!

1508CF5D-4532-4368-BD73-0B43E623C3FC.jpeg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Spring said:

If middle is 10% and opposition hardcore is 30% that means clean sweep for PAP but that's obviously not the case.

How about hardcore 30% similar to last GE. Raising on LKY effect 10%. 

This GE do away with LKY..will pop gain another 10%?

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

I think hardcore Pappies about 55% plus ( even fiend also can be accepted as longbas wearing white), hardcore Oppos 25% plus (would vote for a doggie if it's running) , contesteable swing votes 15%, to 20% max.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Er......

D08F6E17-7C62-42B9-97D4-529754CB90BE.jpeg

Oh .....  :slow:

Pandemic cannot put up annual report which is only papers....  😱

But can have election which involve ppls ... [shocked]

• Angry 3

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I think hardcore Pappies about 55% plus ( even fiend also can be accepted as longbas wearing white), hardcore Oppos 25% plus (would vote for a doggie if it's running) , contesteable swing votes 15%, to 20% max.

You must also factor in those pap 55% how many pioneer generation. How many of them already passed on.

How many first time voter young and IT savvy (don't read MSM) this time round.

Percentage might swing and slowly I am very sure. Maybe not this time round..another 2 to 3 GE as our population getting more IT inclined overstepping the MSM. 

Do not be disheartened.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Spring said:

Ur 40+30+30 formula implies 99% of the "middle" voters went PAP last election (69% of votes)😅

Honestly I think its much closer to 55-25-20 

Oppos only win with quirks in distribution of voters

Edited by yishunite
↡ Advertisement