GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

22 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I do agree that printing all these media is a waste of time and money.... But it only helps the printers and their affiliates.

I never read all these newsletters that they stuff into our mailboxes, not because of difference of opinion, but I am simply not interested. 

I only look at leaflets when it's about a sale or offer. 

If I wanted to know something about my constituency,  I will ask my best friend. 

Funding from many companies marked "donation" in their account. Payable to "pap.......... Branch".

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Study loan I know need to pay. Bond I am not so sure. Someone can enlighten me. Also serving of bond they will be pay a salary package right?

My guess the 238m covered  the fee to institutions/landlord/expendiures/ etc

There are two different financial scheme in our university:

a) tuition grant, aka discounted tuition fee. All citizens will automatically get  ~70% discount without needing to apply.  PR and international students will get ~60% and ~40% discount, respectively, if they agree to work in Singapore for 3 yrs upon graduation. Employment is not guaranteed and they have to seek the employment by themselves as the others. During the downturn, I know many of them cannot secure any job in Sg and have to seek a waiver from MOE to return to their home country for employment.

1938175422_tuitionfee.png.67cc66c26f5884a0d1dcc18125ddf874.png

2) Scholarship. This one covers tuition fees and some living allowance. offers to both citizens and international students. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

My two cents.

I thought Shanmugan comments about Tan Wu meng's post is fair. I do agree that his repeated comments on this is pretty unwarranted. This is not that big a deal. Fair enough, our law minister really should not keep talking about this.

"PSP is half hearted" comment. I thought this is a pretty valid comment, especially in the elections. The election IS a NATIONAL issue. He being a heavy weight minister needs to weigh in and help his party as much as possible. I really think his comment is perfectly valid and important for the public to know. If PSP was just a week ago, thinking of trading nee soon GRC away, the voters should know.

As for Ivan lim, lets all be realistic. I don't think you also expect him to grill Ivan Lim now right?

Didn't hsk asked Ivan to come clean or.. .clarify....something along that line.

Ooh....ah Heng small fry?

Sometime we should not let our myopia blind our conscience.

----------------

No fun at all. I rather go look at carbon posted half ball. ,😍 

Bye.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged

Screenshot_20200703_094244.thumb.jpg.38ac7e6dc06a10c7c7a015fdc15362bd.jpg

Saw on comments with video.. Looks like pap volunteers also going out to take down posters.. If that's the case.. Then it's fair and square.. That should be the way, should be fair for all.. 

I love my family with all my heart and would even die for them.

but would any single family member get a blank check? 

No !

Why?  

Becos the money of the family (despite being directly contributed solely by me) belongs to the family.

Nobody including myself gets a blank check.

No to......Ownself check Ownself 

• Praise 13

(edited)

I would opine that the hard-core supporters of pap are about 45% of the electorate. I derive that from the 2011 election results when pap was at their lowest points with multiple screws up, and yet, they still have 45% of popular votes in Aljunied.

Oppo hard-core supporters are about 20.7% (that's the % of Singaporeans First votes in GE 2015 at Jurong GRC).

As you can see clearly, 45% is more than 2 times 20%. Oppo is screwed. 

Edited by Weez911

Twincharged
7 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

There are two different financial scheme in our university:

a) tuition grant, aka discounted tuition fee. All citizens will automatically get  ~70% discount without needing to apply.  PR and international students will get ~60% and ~40% discount, respectively, if they agree to work in Singapore for 3 yrs upon graduation. Employment is not guaranteed and they have to seek the employment by themselves as the others. During the downturn, I know many of them cannot secure any job in Sg and have to seek a waiver from MOE to return to their home country for employment.

1938175422_tuitionfee.png.67cc66c26f5884a0d1dcc18125ddf874.png

2) Scholarship. This one covers tuition fees and some living allowance. offers to both citizens and international students. 

Oh thanks.. So this explain it.. 

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

I love my family with all my heart and would even die for them.

but would any single family member get a blank check? 

No !

Why?  

Becos the money of the family (despite being directly contributed solely by me) belongs to the family.

Nobody including myself gets a blank check.

No to......Ownself check Ownself 

I am not rich wealthy like you. 

I give my family a blank cheque none of them will take heed as they know my saving(current) near zero. 😄

At the same time I won't give them credit card to spend future money as well. I am the one paying and they will live with huge financial liability once I am gone.

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

I would opine that the hard-core supporters of pap are about 60.1% of the electorate. I derive that from the 2011 election results when pap was at their lowest points with multiple screws up, and yet, they still have 60.1% of popular votes.

Oppo hard-core supporters are about 20.7% (that's the % of Singaporeans First votes in GE 2015 at Jurong GRC).

As you can see clearly, 60% is more than 3 times 20%. Oppo is screwed. 

We know who is up for a tougher fight, bro.

But i never believe in the notion of hardcore supporters.  

Why?

Becos, Everyone has to die. And in 4-5yrs, the landscape of voters changes.

😄

No to Ownself check Ownself ! 💪

• Haha! 2

45 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is a miracle if WP win East Coast GRC and the sun will rise in the west if WP win Sengkang GRC. Lol.

ST asked WP via commentary piece what is the long term strategy with HSK in East Coast GRC 

2 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

We know who is up for a tougher fight, bro.

But i never believe in the notion of hardcore supporters.  

Why?

Becos, Everyone has to die. And in 4-5yrs, the landscape of voters changes.

😄

No to Ownself check Ownself ! 💪

At least another 2 GE, middle block voter will not be more than 10%.

Most of times, ppl worry about municipal issue more than national issue.

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Josephine Teo actually not too bad.. Remember after she took over man power ministry from tan Chuan jin, all the illigal vice activities start get caught one by one. When Tan Chuan jin was then the man power minister.. Illigal vice activities had been blooming. So that's a sharp contrast.. 

That's the main difference in the focus of male and female [lipsrsealed]

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
18 hours ago, Adrianli said:

It is like caught in a dilemma to choose between saving the wife or mistress.:XD:

Wife is legal and official, can only have one. 

Mistress?....Errrrrrrr, can have a few.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

My area open space carpark also has posters both incumbent and oppo, all tied to same lamp-posts and bearing official stamp. Still there this morning.

"In general, campaign posters and banners may be hung on street lamp posts and trees along public roads, but they are not allowed within a radius of 50 metres from a polling station." 

My place they hang the posters inside the playground! Buay ta han, spoil the playground. Going to complain to erections dept.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Kopites said:

I show to my mum and her first reaction why no Lily. Hahaha I told her lildy retired. This 左手片 is the cause of her  not able to gather with her friends at void desk/market for months.

😁

Lily_Neo.jpg------>images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsOEGGN09_MbNnbklZKhD------>

lily-neo-hawker-elections.jpg

9 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I would opine that the hard-core supporters of pap are about 60.1% of the electorate. I derive that from the 2011 election results when pap was at their lowest points with multiple screws up, and yet, they still have 60.1% of popular votes.

As you can see clearly, 60% is more than 3 times 20%. Oppo is screwed. 

60.1% hardcore is not true. 60.1% hardcore plus closet PAP supporters maybe.

But that means PAP should have 100% of parliamentary seats? 

60% hardcore is therefore too high, hardcore means you will give your votes to a murderer or rapist so long it wears white. 

• Haha! 2

Some members here think they are being ostracize and marginalized just because they support the pap.

Just spare a thought for the tens of thousands fellow singaporeans been treated the same way in their work place. They are being ostracize just because they were not from the same village or simply being a singaporean.  ***thanks to pap signing the CECA and a slew of agreements that spare zero thoughts on the lives of average singaporeans PMET***

These members are just having a taste of the medicine that pap has shove down singaporeans Pmet throat

Do have a read on the link below

https://mothership.sg/2019/11/what-the-heck-is-ceca-should-you-be-angry-at-it-explained/

Thanks for reading my peasant ranting 

FB_IMG_1593562678192.thumb.jpg.e50e81dddf5ebe043a020f1030cb18de.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3