GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

20 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Premium article. Peasant here. 

Not premium.

Just need to set up an account b4 you can read.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just now, inlinesix said:

Not premium.

Just need to set up an account b4 you can read.

Is it..my bad.  Thanks.

Strait times?

Never mind then... 

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Icedbs said:

Just happened to see your post above. I was equally bewildered when I saw the way he frame his questions on re-negotiating with India. If we re-negotiate CECA with them, it simply means Spore is not getting the fair value of that agreement,  so  why on earth do we still think of what else to offer them? Shouldn't it be what else India should offer us?

... did you watch the debate?

one thing u guys should rem always, Singapore is a small dot.

the way you guys speak make it sound like Singapore is big shot....

The ceca was signed. Same as the water agreement with Malaysia was signed many years ago. 
if we don’t like it now, we can unilaterally break it, with the corresponding implications on all the other agreements other countries has signed with us.

if we don’t want to unilaterally break it, we need to convince India and give them something.
I thought the logic is crystal clear.

15 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

... did you watch the debate?

one thing u guys should rem always, Singapore is a small dot.

the way you guys speak make it sound like Singapore is big shot....

The ceca was signed. Same as the water agreement with Malaysia was signed many years ago. 
if we don’t like it now, we can unilaterally break it, with the corresponding implications on all the other agreements other countries has signed with us.

if we don’t want to unilaterally break it, we need to convince India and give them something.
I thought the logic is crystal clear.

Correct.  Agreed the logic is crystal clear to me as well.

on a seperate note, who nego the ceca agreement to begin with? Just wondering

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Correct.  Agreed the logic is crystal clear to me as well.

on a seperate note, who nego the ceca agreement to begin with? Just wondering

Maybe that time India was complaining there India like a lot of people no jobs and ask singapore can help us abit. Then after much discussion, they agreed on this CECA agreement? We do not know what's happening behind the scene unless we are there working with them. 

Edited by Yewheng

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Maybe that time India was complaining there India like a lot of people no jobs and ask singapore can help us abit. Then after much discussion, they agreed on this CECA agreement? We do not know what's happening on the scene unless we are there working with them. 

Ask GCT who’s smelling the flowers in his garden now.

• Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Yewheng said:

http://theindependent.sg/together-in-love-and-politics-wp-fields-married-couple-in-polls/

Interesting.. Husband and wife both to contest under wp. Imagine if both husband and wife get voted in.. 1 month salary become 30k per month. Can upgrade from hdb to condo and buy nice car lao.. Haha.. 

Nothing special.. Many MPs' spouse is some senior position in GLC or private sector.

30k/month probably on the 'mediocre' end

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Ask GCT who’s smelling the flowers in his garden now.

True.. This is what I think could be happening.. Of coz it could be a lot more complicated then this la.. Like maybe ministers that think do a calculation and sees that ceca not only can help India on their request, it at the same time can bring in FT and help in our economy. So it's a win win situation. I don't know.. Unless we get to know more details.. 

Edited by Yewheng

2 hours ago, Victor68 said:

If I paid someone million of dollars and he screwed up, then he asks me for solution and to continue to employ him, what do you think leh?

The easiest solution is to offer COTTON CHAN to INDIA !

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

This must be the best POST of the day !!!!

Edited by Wind30

Supersonic
29 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I exit 2 car parks yesterday after a couple of hours, once in Bukit Batok and later Sembawang oppo MRT.

both times no charges. 

Strange.

Free parking during GE period?

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I am not talking of fault but I paid an expert. If his earlier solution fails, he should come up with a recovery. If he don't have any himself, he need to source. You mean I should teach him? 

ok my bad, I assumed you are appropriating blame like many here.

I don't know which specific incident you are refering to, but I feel PAP is mostly trying their best. If they fail once, they do try to recover and fix it.

There are many recent big examples like the HDB housing issue, (fixed when KBW was minister), the MRT breakdown issue (also fixed when KBW was minister). 

I don't really think the minister (or whoever else you are refering to) meant literally asking someone else for a solution. 

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Sosaria said:

She has a couple of wacky ideas like 'people only need a small space' - maybe it comes from her experience of dealing with these illegal shops [laugh] 

Now she contesting in jln besar, all the spa owners there must be worried.

My issue with her is non to invisible action with regards to foreigner PMETs.

Those already issued passes in the past, why wasn't there a review and reduce the number?

I'm still seeing these kinds around, despite the number of jobless Singaporeans projected to increase. I am not talking about those with very niche skillset.

She needs to go. Period.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3