GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Christan said:

Seems another blooper from Lighting party again. 

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/gpgt-potong-pasir-mp-mistaken-sinkie-maid-told-her-ask-her-sir-come-out-6325287.html

But in spite of some negative news/publicity about PAP on internet, they will probably still win GE handsomely. Chatted with one of my relative, educated, living in Jurong. She don't know much about the opposition party there nor is she interested in them or pay attention to social media/internet news. Basically her thinking is 'vote PAP won't go wrong'. And I realised there are many others like her. after chatting with others, don't bother or read what is trending on the social media, relies mainly on MSM. With this silent majority on PAP side, hard for opposition parties to make any headway in this GE  

Yes, this is the general sentiment for those not interested in politics which is being groomed over the years by PAP. Even now, they don't want students to discuss about politics right? Of course, if everyone don't care and leave it to me, that is the best.

This year oppositions have attracted some of the best candidates in our history. I am sure progressively, they will attract even more. If they are killed now, then who will come out in future to participate in such healthy fruitful debates ?  Imagine going into a meeting with 100% yes men. What is the point of the meeting? Might as well send an instruction. CECA probably is a result of some top down instruction. 

If you just don't want to send a wrong person into parliament, spoil your vote to let them know you are not happy with that candidate to represent you. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
28 minutes ago, Scion said:

can anyone share what are the benefits Singapore has gotten out of this agreement?

to me, this CECA agreement is as lousy as the Suzhou Ind Park in China last time!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/India–Singapore_Comprehensive_Economic_Cooperation_Agreement#:~:text=The Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement,signed on 29 June 2005.&text=India has become Singapore's 4th,Indians visited Singapore in 2006.

Wonder why they agreed people movement into SG. People aren't commodities and we certainly don't need those committed in writing.

There are hordes waiting to leave India!

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, Yewheng said:

True.. Usually what we see on the internet comments all seems like will vote opposition.. Suddenly come polling day and when results come out.. Its such a big contrest majority voted pap.. There it goes to say there are still a lot of silent majority that holds the key to which side get voted in.. If the silent majority still like previously go vote pap.. Then there will not be any much change.. 

So yeah.. Individual decisions.. Have to respect it lor.. 

In summary...

Screen-Shot-2015-09-14-at-1.35.50-pm.png

• Praise 8

40 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Yes the agreement is already ratified. Good or bad deal, blame on the people who never negotiate properly in the first place. Perhaps at that time there was urgency to get india to sign so we made too many concessions, in hindsight. Lots of indian want to come here to work, and not a fair exchange for us because working in india doesn't have that much attraction for us.

What the govt can do now, however, is to do proper detailed checks and close monitoring to prevent too many "ramesh" type, fake qualifications, to get jobs here. Also to ensure company HR follow prescribed regulations and prevent forming of "villages" in the company. This is certainly part of the relevant ministry's duty.

Simi village... Changalore can already form a SMC by itself.

Supersonic

Received this via WhatsApp and read it in Sgtalk.

The conundrum of the 10 million population

by The Online Citizen

3 July 2020

by Yoong Siew Wah
This sensitive question had caused considerable consternation among Singaporeans when it was first brandished around some years ago but quite strangely it did not explode intensely and somehow became dormant to the peaceful mind of the PAP.
Then to their dismay at the political parties debate on 1st July Dr. Chee Soon Juan of the Singapore Democratic Party suddenly posed this question of 10 million population for Singapore’s future to Dr. Vivian Balakrishnan of the PAP and could have caught the latter by surprise.
This is where it shows the magnanimity or lack of it in the Minister in dealing with his opponent. Could it be so brazen to start by accusing Dr. Chee of spreading falsehood about the government targeting 10 million population for Singapore? Had it not occurred to the discerning Minister that multitude of Singaporeans had already heard of it and would it not be preposterous to suggest that Dr. Chee started the rumour?
Instead of blustering against Dr. Chee could not the Minister have shown more civility by simply clarifying the public misconception of the 10 million population in a more benign manner considering that it was already a public knowledge and not a rumour spread by Dr. Chee?

He could have strongly emphasised that it was not the intention of the government to target a 10 million population for Singapore and that certainly not from DPM Heng Swee Kiat. Otherwise this can easily spiral into something so titanic that it could be like a double-edged sword hanging over the PAP election campaign.
Dr. Chee had been portrayed as a scoundrel for starting a rumour and I think it is a great disservice to him by the government. He was only trying to perform his duty as a political opposition and should not be a subject of vilification. I am not a supporter of Dr. Chee and it may be true that he may not be an angel but as human being he deserves some respect for his self-esteem. I undertake to come to his defence because of my righteousness to stand up for an underdog from imperious attack.
I am sorry Dr. Vivian Balakhrishnan if my article hurts your feelings and I hope that there will not be any hard feelings.
Mr Yoong Siew Wah, was the Director of Singapore’s Internal Security Department (ISD) from 1971 to 1974. He was Director of the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) in the 1960s, and had a distinguished career in the Singapore Special Branch in the 1950s. Mr Yoong, who is in his 90s, keeps a blog called Singapore Recalcitrant.

• Praise 12

2 hours ago, Solar said:

Fumble Heng.

https://mothership.sg/2019/11/what-the-heck-is-ceca-should-you-be-angry-at-it-explained/

If you have seen the list of professions in CECA, it didn't mention anything on senior management level PMET. Then how the hell people like Ramesh able to come in and hold VP and Director positions? And thereby able to bring even more of their villagers in.

http://www.commonlii.org/sg/other/treaties/2005/1/INSFTA-Annex-9A.html

1 of the loopholes used to by pass the Fair Consideration Framework:

"However, the following groups of employees are exempted from the Jobs Bank advertising requirement due to what is stated as "practical reasons":

- Jobs which pay $15,000 or more per month

- ICTs holding senior positions with decision-making responsibilities who are redeployed from another country

- Jobs in firms with fewer than 10 employees"

Each department is employed under a different company!

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, Hyde333 said:

1 of the loopholes used to by pass the Fair Consideration Framework:

"However, the following groups of employees are exempted from the Jobs Bank advertising requirement due to what is stated as "practical reasons":

- Jobs which pay $15,000 or more per month

- ICTs holding senior positions with decision-making responsibilities who are redeployed from another country

- Jobs in firms with fewer than 10 employees"

Each department is employed under a different company!

Whoever wrote this ought to be shot and hung

Just go by the list won't go wrong, then knn come up with this exemption?

Turbocharged

Now that CECA has become such a concern, it is necessary for the authority to clear the air and explain the details of this CECA deal to the general public.

It seems that the country is signing on a major agreement with majority of the citizens uninformed.

• Praise 5

(edited)

the Parliamentary Elections Act prohibits primary and secondary school students from taking part in any election activity during the period beginning with Nomination Day and ending with the start of Polling Day.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ge2020-paps-ong-ye-kung-takes-down-facebook-video-infringed-electoral-rules

Violation by from the Minister of Education  …. LMAO …  easy way out … " I am not aware "

Capture.JPG

Remind me of the recent incident in Parliament where Chee Hong Tat attempt to take on Pritam on the reversal of mask policy … joker

Capture1.JPG

Edited by Bezbee
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Now that CECA has become such a concern, it is necessary for the authority to clear the air and explain the details of this CECA deal to the general public.

It seems that the country is signing on a major agreement with majority of the citizens uninformed.

BLANK CHEQUE Consequences....

• Praise 6

(edited)

lai liao lai liao …. tangling carrot liao

Million Dollar paycheck at stake … 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Bezbee
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Bezbee said:

the Parliamentary Elections Act prohibits primary and secondary school students from taking part in any election activity during the period beginning with Nomination Day and ending with the start of Polling Day.
Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ge2020-paps-ong-ye-kung-takes-down-facebook-video-infringed-electoral-rules

Violation by from the Minister of Education  …. LMAO …  easy way out … " I am not aware "

Capture.JPG

Remind me of the recent incident in Parliament where Chee Hong Tat attempt to take on Pritam on the reversal of mask policy … joker

Capture1.JPG

Singapura tax payers all these years kanna short changed deep deep..

Paying good salaries to these shameless jokers..

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Bezbee said:

lai liao lai liao …. tangling carrot liao

Capture.JPG

Sengkang is a relatively new town, many BTOs and new condos. You mean all along it was purposely developed to be short of amenities?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

I really hope we can have Jamus in the parliament to take on the incumbent.  With his knowledge & background,  they don't dare to take him lightly.  

Whoever try to challenge his opinion will probably think THRICE not twice. 

• Praise 7