GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged
(edited)
3 hours ago, Starry said:

Sure...I agree that for normal bi-lateral relationship, all agreements should be based on win-win, so if we take away something, we should give back something.

But I am  only talking about CECA specifically. Where is our win? Because if our public did gain from it, why are they so unhappy about CECA ?

Oh.. So that is what ccs is talking about.. Okay thanks.. 

That mean that time when come to agreement is win win situation.. But now the cracks could be found and it seems like not a good deal afterall. However because agreement already signed so have to horner it. Am I right to say that? 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement

Just watched the debate.

I find that using statistics like median to illustrate income growth can skew the picture and sort of “mislead”

for eg: sample size of 5, monthly income

1k, 2k, 5k, 8k, 10k. Median is 5k right?

800, 1600, 5100, 7700, 9800. Median is 5.1k.

Statistically speaking, median income has grown, but on absolute numbers, everyone else’s suffered a drop. Does it mean that the people in general has earned more? No right.

I know this is overly simplistic but what I’m saying is statistics can be “manipulated” both ways to suit the agenda and wewe shouldn’t be led to believe things are ok when it actually may be not.

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

Wah lao eh

How on earth did reform party select this guy to speak in mandarin broadcast 

Commit own goal

Chances of winning in amk already razor thin coupled with this type of speech sure 😂

I missed the broadcast.. Anyone know where to watch? I searched YouTube but unable to find the video.. 

Hypersonic
(edited)

See this one more funny. 

Doesnt even know who’s his boss now though LHY was his boss when at Stinktel.

Prime minister LHY...😆

Think he’s gonna get it from LHL tomorrow.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 9

Supercharged
6 hours ago, Fitvip said:

My door was wide open, they must be very confident. What do you think? 

IMG20200703184145.jpg

IMG20200703184152.jpg

My side also the same, just hang the bag on the gate handle. Inside still say, we came to visit but you were not around. My wife was at home the whole day, nobody knock on the door and no doorbell too. So these ppl are ninjas?? 

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Just watched the debate.

I find that using statistics like median to illustrate income growth can skew the picture and sort of “mislead”

Statistically speaking, median income has grown, but on absolute numbers, everyone else’s suffered a drop. Does it mean that the people in general has earned more? No right.

I know this is overly simplistic but what I’m saying is statistics can be “manipulated” both ways to suit the agenda and wewe shouldn’t be led to believe things are ok when it actually may be not.

I agree.

Thats why i will never look simply at plain statistics to draw a conclusion

not even for my financial “escapades”

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Experts can predict all they want or like. 

Just like some MCFers in some threads.

But i can bet you, they will act differently when they have skin in the game where they need to put big money where their mouths are.

😂

Supersonic
(edited)

I thought all are the same, but, they are not.. Each carries a different message. Quite interesting. 

IMG_20200704_053404.jpg

IMG_20200704_053501.jpg

IMG20200704051516.jpg

IMG_20200704_053536.jpg

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 3

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

No need physical card. Your SingPass app also have polling card inside 🤪

Oh is it?  Din noe tt. 

Turbocharged
(edited)
6 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Just watched the debate.

this is maths 🙂 

for those people who don't appreciate or care about the difference from median and middle finger, median is a good measure lah.

Better than average I feel. It does show you how much the middle class income has benefited over the years without noise from the poor and rich.

What we should have is both median and standard deviation as the problem with median is that is does not really consider the extreme poor and the extreme rich. 

To be fair, the government publishes very detailed numbers for anyone who is interested. you cannot say they are not transparent. you can don't look at median if you don't want to

https://www.tablebuilder.singstat.gov.sg/publicfacing/createDataTable.action?refId=12307

Edited by Wind30

Turbocharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

omg... I am pretty speechless... I mean why did he mixed up??? was he even talking about lee hsien yang?

was it live? I mean didn't they catch this before uploading?

Edited by Wind30

18 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That was what I said a few days back doing away with live rally might backfire on the pap. On social media platform it take only a minutes for thousands news to spread. Such clip will be stored and reloop again.

Time to share the this hilarious tube to share with my WhatsApp group. 😁

• Haha! 3

(edited)
11 hours ago, Mivec79 said:

Wah lao eh

How on earth did reform party select this guy to speak in mandarin broadcast 

Commit own goal

Chances of winning in amk already razor thin coupled with this type of speech sure 😂

Chances of RP winning in AMK GRC is ZERO, the question is whether the deposit will be forfeited!

Edited by Civic101
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3