GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

... I call Heng Swee Keat east coast saga as a simple slip up. Stumbling over repeated words.

mixing up lee hsien Yang for lee Hsieng loong...

I am not even sure what is going on inside his brain...

Especially it was posted and discovered hours later. 

loong is responsible for many more verbal gaffs.... so i think he should not ... will not...fault masagos for this. in fact loong is probably second only to trump in gaffs.

but the propaganda division... they are another kettle... they gon get it.. they gon get it gooooddddd....

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I am not even sure what is going on inside his brain.

身在曹营心在汉

Edited by Albeniz
  • Haha! 5

2 hours ago, Kopites said:

No opp in Singapore can confidently proclaimed they sure win.

Whether zero or over 50 percentage it doesn't matter.  At least RP wanting to give the AMK GRC voters a chance to cast their vote. Shouldn't that be a credit itself? Imagine all opp flock to one GRC constituency only because of high chance in winning while the rest Singaporean stand aside suck our thumb.

Look at it this way.  Was you able to cast your vote in the last PE? 

My 2 cents.

Not in AMK GRC, just correcting the perception that RP has a 'razor thin' chance.

Yes, agree that RP gives the voters a chance to express their feeling to the ruling party - just like my colleague in the GRC said, he will vote for any ah🐈ah 🐕 who contest there!😂

• Praise 2

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Wang Sa and Ye Fong are back!

This is a good video to be shared to elderly to watch.. Sure can win some elderly voters.. 

• Haha! 3

18 hours ago, Solar said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/India–Singapore_Comprehensive_Economic_Cooperation_Agreement#:~:text=The Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement,signed on 29 June 2005.&text=India has become Singapore's 4th,Indians visited Singapore in 2006.

Wonder why they agreed people movement into SG. People aren't commodities and we certainly don't need those committed in writing.

There are hordes waiting to leave India!

kena conned deep deep by India. Sg signed many FTA with different countries, only allow this kind of PMET movement with CECA. India lured them with the imaginary giant lucrative domestic market. Until today, they still believe India will be the next China.  Singtel lost until their pants drop in their India investment. I heard DBS want to go big in India. Good luck to them and I deleted DBS from my stock watchlist.

• Praise 5

Twincharged

Shocking - Dr Paul Tambyah (the infectious disease expert whom PAP did not consult ) now reveals what MOM truly did to make the blangadeshi cluster explode - MOM issued a statement to all the blangadeshi employers that if they bring their workers for testing they will lose their work permit privileges. 

Watch video from 1hr 07 mins for this part.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Of course alot of people will choose Dr Ang over 花木蘭。

Too bad the doctor is standing under GRC, if SMC sure got chance. I do not know why PSP so ambitious, why not start small by winning a SMC first?

5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

If you compare a rookie in politics with a retired veteran, obviously the later has a edge. Give her a few more years to prove more mantle, her strength in character might come in useful to do wonder for her ward eg in becoming the cleanest estate in Singapore, who knows? To me, a strict father is also a caring father, just in a different way. To each his own.

Ok

• Praise 1

Twincharged
5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Too bad the doctor is standing under GRC, if SMC sure got chance. I do not know why PSP so ambitious, why not start small by winning a SMC first?

Tcb is age 80.. He has the only last shot. Smc? After that the next ge how? 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

He is standing in Marymount SMC against the first lady general lar.

Or you referring to TCB?

Edited by Civic101

Twincharged
17 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Wrong sir. I never really listen to rally speeches. To me is a waste of my time. What do you think can change your opinion because of 1 speech? Just because the speaker speak well, you want to cast your vote to him? Though I know some here always claim they do, even if cannot speak well. People just want to find something to justify that they are making the correct choice. Period.

Frankly I am more concern with the sincerity of people when they give speech. and preferably less gesturing around at every sentence if possible. I am more wary of someone who can talk very eloquently as they can twist it around as easily when putting that opinion succinctly. Like when a father talk to his daughter's boyfriend for the first time. If he talk so sweet and nice like machiam a snow white can talk a bird from a tree, I will advice my girl to think thrice about this relationship.

Anyway you see what you want to see, whether there or not is another matter. No offence.

Yeah Lor.. so like many company .. sending people for leadership training equal becoming leader for tomorrow.. 

it’s like going to the gyms.. u go once and expect results.. it’s weeks if not months of daily regime that make the party a effective people person ... most are just doing it for country and forgotten the singaporean... 

just like the boss of company, only look at financial numbers and profits and when comes to people, the usual.. you lucky to still have a job .... response ... 

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Kopites said:

Why do they want to keep it inside the car booth? 

Screenshot_20200704_104452_com.facebook.katana.thumb.jpg.451bb58950ce1647a03b185fa2aa7426.jpg

Police now investigating lao.. Very fast.. These 2 people will soon very fast get caught lao.. Can't run away coz got license plate no being captured somemore.. With or without the video been taking down as requested by the police.. I am sure these 2 people take took down the election poster just now = gg lao..

Supersonic
24 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Why only 2 people there? And his mandarin is really atrocious. 

Paul (non-Chinese) sounds more fluent than this guy. 😂

Supersonic
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Wrong sir. I never really listen to rally speeches. To me is a waste of my time. What do you think can change your opinion because of 1 speech? Just because the speaker speak well, you want to cast your vote to him? Though I know some here always claim they do, even if cannot speak well. People just want to find something to justify that they are making the correct choice. Period.

Frankly I am more concern with the sincerity of people when they give speech. and preferably less gesturing around at every sentence if possible. I am more wary of someone who can talk very eloquently as they can twist it around as easily when putting that opinion succinctly. Like when a father talk to his daughter's boyfriend for the first time. If he talk so sweet and nice like machiam a snow white can talk a bird from a tree, I will advice my girl to think thrice about this relationship.

Anyway you see what you want to see, whether there or not is another matter. No offence.

Actually my point was that you've never (or practically never) supported anyone in the oppo. Not to the best of my recollection, which might be flawed, but I'm sure you'll set me aright with quotes if you feel up to it. Whereas you've made your support for the MIW crystal clear here. 

So to hear you criticise a particular oppo politician for your perception of their shortcomings is like seeing the Sun rising in the East - no surprise, but also not news. Unlike someone like @Tianmo, who (to his credit) has far more balanced views which he articulates well here.

Oh, well. Not trying to pick a fight. It's not worth the energy. Cheers. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Shocking - Dr Paul Tambyah (the infectious disease expert whom PAP did not consult ) now reveals what MOM truly did to make the blangadeshi cluster explode - MOM issued a statement to all the blangadeshi employers that if they bring their workers for testing they will lose their work permit privileges. 

It was on Straits Times.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/manpower/coronavirus-mom-warns-employers-not-to-send-workers-who-are-well-to-hospitals-for

WP.png.8d10edf44fa15448a2bdbd6735f87230.png

• Praise 2
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1

Supercharged
20 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

This is not shocking unfortunately. This is complacency and a illogical POV thinking then from the MOM. Which unfortunately became one root prob of the dorm infections.

Feel free to disagree and agree. But I tink PAP lost the plot during this handling of the COVID-19.

• Praise 8

29 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

... I call Heng Swee Keat east coast saga as a simple slip up. Stumbling over repeated words.

I am not even sure what is going on inside his brain...

Especially it was posted and discovered hours later. 

Not that I am racist. If you ask me to pronounce longer names of any indians or malays in front of public, I might fumble and give a variant instead. In this case, LHY has been hogging the headlines and in many's mind, so I am not surprised that this non-chinese made this mistake at all. Anyway LHY is not standing for election at all, so really nothing to see there lah. Just have a good laugh and move on lah.

6 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Actually my point was that you've never (or practically never) supported anyone in the oppo. Whereas you've made your support for the MIW crystal clear here. 

So to hear you criticise a particular oppo politician for your perception of their shortcomings is like seeing the Sun rising in the East - no surprise, but also not news. Unlike someone like @Tianmo, who (to his credit) has far more balanced views which he articulates well here.

Oh, well. Not trying to pick a fight. It's not worth the energy. Cheers. 

Thanks for the lack of real hostility in your message. Appreciate that. Good to be able to agree to disagree.

I am getting away from the computer soon to go marinate my chicken wings for the oven bake dinner with potatoes and corn. Should have used whole chicken but thinking to use up the chicken wings in my fridge as been therefor a while already. Life still goes on regardless. Enjoy the weekend.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1