GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Just now, Fitvip said:

With 69.9% this thing is happening, what else if super mandate is given?

Send u email

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I don’t know if TCJ really did that, can’t take this guy’s words as the gospel truth until TCJ cums out to clarify.

that said, IF and that’s a BIG IF what he described is true, it will be downright disappointing.

I’ve learned in my time selling tisu, that when someone says no, they are not saying no to me as a person, but rather saying no to what I’m selling.

and saying no now doesn’t mean it will always be no. Cos circumstances change and someday a yes might come.

so it is my duty as a seller to ask why he said no, listen to his reasons, take note and empathise, and revisit again in future.

this way, I don’t burn bridges but rather pave my way for a better chance at selling the next time.

Politicians are canvassing for votes. This is akin to selling. Selling their party vision, trying to convince why they should get our vote.

they should not walk away at the first no, because that means they know they can afford to not get your vote and still win, so why make the effort right.

which also alludes to the question of their genuity to serve the people. why would they want to serve if they are not willing to humble down and ask why they’re not the people’s choice?

I agree with what u said, but like u said it is a big if. 
I would 100% agree with you if this Philip wen did not write that post on his Facebook.
I believe there are moderate voters in mcf... just ask yourself, if this happened to you, would you write such a post on your Facebook? Criticising and damning tcj in public? This is not what a moderate would do, 

the fact that this guy wrote such a post on his Facebook shows how much pro opposition he is. It probably showed in his interaction with Tan Chuan jin. 

Any lawyers here?

My question is whether it is criminal to splash water on a repulsive character standing outside my house?

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

Any lawyers here?

My question is whether it is criminal to splash water on a repulsive character standing outside my house?

Not a lawyer, but I’m a liar.

water gives life. You shouldn’t splash water. 

try eggs instead. Those already rotten ones will be better.

on a serious note.. don’t lah. Dunno if will kena charge for assault anot 

• Haha! 4

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I think what TCB is talking about preventive healthcare, HPB is already doing it. Just that HPB is not forcing it down the throat of every Singaporean. They are using incentives like to encourage the ppl. Sugar Tax is also one way but many ppl gonna object to it. HPB has been promoting on healthy eating in schools for the longest time. If every student and parent follows what is recommended by HPB, there would be zero obesity and various health problems.

https://www.hpb.gov.sg/healthy-living/food-beverage

I did a research on childhood obesity during my first trimester assignment. So I was pretty amazed at our many programs that HPB has rolled out.

Not sure how TCB gona improve on them.

Ultimately, only one can help oneself to be healthy.

I am no expert in healthcare except I know it’s very expensive. 
tcb works in this field so I was hoping he can give practical and good suggestions and reforms. We really need to tackle healthcare much better with Aging society and so expensive ....

1 hour ago, RadX said:

479BD92A-50F4-4B6B-8CB8-785D3582404E.jpeg

Actually I do not really believe his account to be 100% accurate. Of course those who read can swallow this Kool-Aid 100% by all means if it helps to advance the narrative the person is trying to sell.

Frankly just use your brain to calculate how much ground need to cover since most will attempt to visit all household within the ward during this period. This is more for brief chat and meet-and-greet kind of exchange, where got time to stop and try to convince any hardcore oppo supporters who definitely have made up his mind who to vote for. This Philip Wen also never describe his house setting in details, maybe there is a big blue hammer hanging proudly on the wall and a note posted at the gate informing visitors not welcome if they are from certain party. Are you sure there are none of those at his house? 

I support MIW does not mean I support every policies or every candidates. But please do not expect candidates to spent a few hours to try to convince you why you need to support him. Don't tell me you are going to be transformed just because of a brief 1min encounter? Get real. The candidate can choose to spend his time wisely, just as you are free to vote for whoever can serve you better. Don't be bitter and feel slighted.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
7 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Same same lah.

They only put posters and banners at where ppl congregate, market and hawker centre. There were none of PV posters at my estate also. Only see his posters at Whampoa Market and Hawker centre. Also got two guys carry their posters on their backpack and walk around the hawker centre.

The safe distancing ambassadors no where in sight liao.[lipsrsealed]  

Like that PV at Jalan Besar GRC maybe dont even have 20% votes?! 😓 

16 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Any lawyers here?

Grow up please. How old are you?

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Playtime said:

What's that exactly???

PSP.. Get the meaning now? I took very long time to figure it out sia. 

• Haha! 1

42 minutes ago, RadX said:

I also believe that tcj shd try and listen but seems like he felt he din need to

Ya, only one voter niah .... :we-all-gonna-die:

Can skip him, no big deal.... :ignoring:

Twincharged
(edited)

Just now I was catching up with my friend and we were discussing about Ivan lim.. And he bring a very good point. 

My friend mentioned that the selection criteria for pap is used to be elite background, but then many people complained that these elite background do not understand the common folks. So pap tweak the selection criteria to select from humble background.

But here comes the problem. To find a person with humble background and yet super high flyer.. Something needs to be different for these people from humble background to be able to outshine those elite to rise to quite high position posting. Coz usually those high up elite will like most likely also promote up their own kakis elite right? Like say got 2 people and can only select 1 to promote to gm. 1st one come from elite background, study at elite schools, uni score excellent grade. 2nd one come from humble background, study at normal schools and work the way up to uni and score good grade. Which one will they choose to promote if all else being equal, like their work performance and etc except their background is different? High chance the one with elite background will get promoted to GM. So there must be differentiation for the one with humble background to out win the elite background should all else work performance and etc is the same. So there is higher chance that those from humble background would do what we call por Lam par to rise up the rank and often step on people to be the one standing out as compared to the rest. Not say all the people from humble backgrounds rise up to very high up position are like that, but there is a higher chance of tio this type of people that rise up the rank from humble background that is competing with elite background with work performance being the same. 

So now when pap select people based on humble background, this cracks start show up as when candidates are presented, it is presented to the public, so anyone who know this person is able to judge him/her and post comment. Of coz if this person who know that candidate and it is that candidate that step on him to rise up the ladder, he will flag out right? So yeah.. It happens.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 7

Hypersonic
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Just now I was catching up with my friend and we were discussing about Ivan lim.. And he bring a very good point. 

My friend mentioned that the selection criteria for pap is used to be elite background, but then many people complained that these elite background do not understand the common folks. So pap tweak the selection criteria to select from humble background.

But here comes the problem. To find a person with humble background and yet super high flyer.. Something needs to be different for these people from humble background to be able to outshine those elite to rise to quite high position posting. Coz usually those high up elite will like most likely also promote up their own kakis elite right? Like say got 2 people and can only select 1 to promote to gm. 1st one come from elite background, study at elite schools, uni score excellent grade. 2nd one come from humble background, study at normal schools and work the way up to uni and score good grade. Which one will they choose to promote if all else being equal, like their work performance and etc except their background is different? High chance the one with elite background will get promoted to GM. So there must be differentiation for the one with humble background to out win the elite background should all else work performance and etc is the same. So there is higher chance that those from humble background would do what we call por Lam par to rise up the rank and often step on people to be the one standing out as compared to the rest. Not say all the people from humble backgrounds rise up to very high up position are like that, but there is a higher chance of tio this type of people that rise up the rank from humble background that is competing with elite background with work performance being the same. 

So now when pap select people based on humble background, this cracks start show up as when candidates are presented, it is presented to the public, so anyone who know this person is able to judge him/her and post comment. Of coz if this person who know that candidate and it is that candidate that step on him to rise up the ladder, he will flag out right? So yeah.. It happens.

Bro, I appreciate your lengthy writing but can have more paragraphs? I read until 😵.

Anyway, a forummer here who said he know Ivan Lim personally PMed me and said Ivan Lim did have a tough childhood so when he grew up he had to do all he can to climb up the corporate ladder. I guess that means being an a**hole to those below him and licking the balls of those above him. 

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 6

Twincharged
(edited)
2 hours ago, RadX said:

479BD92A-50F4-4B6B-8CB8-785D3582404E.jpeg

Actually to be fair. Perhaps tcj (don't say tcj, many more ministers and mps) might had already met too many of this type of people that is die hard opposition supporters no matter what pap do. So maybe when they are new, they tried their best to talk and convince them pap is better, however often times they met with cold shoulder and perhaps insult, maybe after keep doing it and realised that the result is still the same, they still support opposition party no matter what they say or do. So slowly they become immune and would just forget it if this person is a die hard opposition supporters as no matter what they do they will still support opposition party. So can't quite blame tcj what. Like tcj already said, since he already make up his mind, there is nothing more he could say Already what. Quite fair... Tjc did not belittle opposition party, he also did not scold or insult opposition party too right? So fair and square.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Bro, I appreciate your lengthy writing but can have more paragraphs? I read until 😵.

Anyway, a forummer here who said he know Ivan Lim personally PMed me and said Ivan Lim did have a tough childhood so when he grew up he had to do all he can to climb up the corporate ladder. I guess that means being an a**hole to those below him and licking the balls of those above him. 

Ya that's what my friend is referring to like being a a**hole to climb up the ladder more so if from humble background are competing with many elites and work is all the same.. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Wrong sir. I never really listen to rally speeches. To me is a waste of my time. What do you think can change your opinion because of 1 speech? Just because the speaker speak well, you want to cast your vote to him? Though I know some here always claim they do, even if cannot speak well. People just want to find something to justify that they are making the correct choice. Period.

Frankly I am more concern with the sincerity of people when they give speech. and preferably less gesturing around at every sentence if possible. I am more wary of someone who can talk very eloquently as they can twist it around as easily when putting that opinion succinctly. Like when a father talk to his daughter's boyfriend for the first time. If he talk so sweet and nice like machiam a snow white can talk a bird from a tree, I will advice my girl to think thrice about this relationship.

Anyway you see what you want to see, whether there or not is another matter. No offence.

Sorry for butting in

The ability to speak well is one thing. The contents of the speech is another, Bro

if both are done well, half the battle is won.the other half is the act.  Walking the Talk so to speak.

no great leader can be there if either one of this is missing.

On your analogy of your girl’s boyfriend, i can bet that you will want to talk to him face to face to assess when the time comes.  I would.  Because through this interaction, humans can combine their basic senses to make an initial “judgement”   And it is exactly that assessment of a person’s words of blossom, flowers and sugar that you can tell your daughter to stay away.

how else can you assess, his initial sincerity? And as you pointed out, certainly not with 1 meeting. 

Last thing, do you not want your own children to be able to speak eloquently and clearly too? I know i would.

Edited by Throttle2
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5