GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged
Just now, 13177 said:

I guess whether got this negative news on Sengkang GRC WP or not, i would still believe pap still high chance of winning. No matter how jamus lim gain support, his one person strength might not be enough to help the whole team. I guess jamus lim can come back 5 years later again, maybe he might stand a better chance if he contest in the right GRC/SMC.

Ya, smc he stand a very high chance.. Too bad.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, yishunite said:

I saw him on news last night!! wahlau seriously like robot sia

will make good pap-er general

He lucky loh, got Mr. Tharman Shanmugaratnam as guardian angel sure get 5 years contract.

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
30 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Don't think it is so simple as that.. If it is so simple.. How good.. The world is complicated.. Like the grc system.. Many people will think got jamus lim.. So vote for him no matter what.  Or some will think, pap also got flaws, no one is perfect, give her a chance and etc..

Yes maybe there might have some will not vote for wp because of that, but I believe that number would be quite little.. However that small number of people that initially want to vote wp but end up vote pap might be the deciding factor if the vote between pap and wp at sengkang grc is very close. 

The PAP team in SK GRC is not strong, whereas WP smoke out EC GRC when SK GRC is  actually their focus. This is a very close fight battle, and when it is very close, you have to stay away from trouble as much as possible. Just as in any games, when its anybody's game, the one with the least mistakes wins... 

Race is a very sensitive topic. In Malaysia it gave them the victory because of the population, but in SG, the numbers are different... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

IMO gone case. Stupid of her also, want to join politics can't even be bothered to delete all her online shit early early. Also dumb of WP to not even just do a simple search for her name of FB which will easily pull up her post. 

It is not an excuse, but i think Pritam Singh put it well.

she is all of just 26.  Representative of that generation. 

If young people do not cry out and make noise as young people should, i would be more surprised as young people are, generally more impulsive, quick to react with less consideration for consequences. 

Anyway this will be part of her experience as a young politician. No problem, can come out stronger. 

All young candidates will always be closely watched by the general public. Look at how TPL was scrutinised in 2011.   I think she did prove some critics wrong and seems to be able to hold the fort for the work she has done so far.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If compare this guy with the other woman general, which one more serious like robot le? Lol.

I think come from same factory lor 🤣🤣🤣

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The PAP team in SK GRC is not strong, whereas WP smoke out EC GRC when SK GRC is  actually their focus. This is a very close fight battle, and when it is very close, you have to stay away from trouble as much as possible. Just as in any games, when its anybody's game, the one with the least mistakes wins... 

Race is a very sensitive topic. In Malaysia it gave them the victory because of the population, but in SG, the numbers are different... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Ya lor. Wp very li hai... Give last min come out with wild card on nomination day.. 

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, yishunite said:

This shows u how bad cold war era tools are for dealing with 21st century pandemics

If gahmen hadnt come out guns blazing against the one or two companies trying to certify all their staff then they wldnt have issued such a statement that is so easily misinterpreted by everyone

Then they come out and pofma everyone who read the statement at face value. If everyone read the statement the wrong way u shld be firing the comms director not pofmaing everyone with yet another blunt instrument that just show once again how out of touch u are

and those bloody armchair generals in their ivory offices have no fxxking idea why testing workers is so important.

many locals .... engineers, managers, coordinators, supervisors etc ...actually NEED to work closely with those FWs on a day to day basis. 

Annndddddd.... many FWs actually comes close to members of public too. If they can spread corona just by visiting Mustafa.. which genius thinks they cannot spread in the office ah????

those companies were absolutely right to want to test their workers. even if cannot confirm clear, at least to remove those confirmed sick.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 minute ago, yishunite said:

I think come from same factory lor 🤣🤣🤣

Both come from saf.. So its like they are trained to speak like this and become a habit. Want to change can but is very difficult.. 

2 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

It is not an excuse, but i think Pritam Singh put it well.

she is all of just 26.  Representative of that generation. 

If young people do not cry out and make noise as young people should, i would be more surprised as young people are, generally more impulsive, quick to react with less consideration for consequences. 

Anyway this will be part of her experience as a young politician. No problem, can come out stronger. 

All young candidates will always be closely watched by the general public. Look at how TPL was scrutinised in 2011.   I think she did prove some critics wrong and seems to be able to hold the fort for the work she has done so far.

TPL was scrutinised in 2011, had some negative comments but still won simply because she stood on PAP ticket. If she stood on other side, would have lost big time . That’s the reality in Singapore.

• Praise 6

Twincharged
Just now, Playtime said:

and those bloody armchair generals in their ivory offices have no fxxking idea why testing workers is so important.

many locals .... engineers, managers, coordinators, supervisors etc ...actually NEED to work closely with those FWs on a day to day basis. 

Annndddddd.... many FWs actually comes close to members of public too. If they can spread corona just by visiting Mustafa.. which genius thinks they cannot spread in the office ah????

those companies were absolutely right to want to test their workers. even if cannot confirm clear, at least to remove those confirmed sick.

That time the key consideration could be they do not want to overworked or oberstress out the healthcare system, plus there might have limited test kid available at that time. So yeah.. 

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Which OPPO put in Jln Besar also have chance to lose big. 

For the past 3 election, it was WP.

No thanks to Jo Teo, he might not lose big time.  There are a lot of ppl don't like her.

Lim Tean message was simple, if you think Jo Teo did a good job, vote for PAP

Since this time GE Jo Teo is leading the Jalan Besar GRC and seems like a lot of people dont like her, quite a waste there is no better quality and well establish opp come to contest lo? Then maybe will have higher chance to win and also vote off Jo Teo? Even though past 3 election, even WP come contest also lose, it shows that Jalan Besar voters quite supportive for pap.

Turbocharged
6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Agreed. Jamus by far is one of WP strongest candidate. WP is probably hoping to win Sengkang.

Have anyone seen that that Khan person posted??? I am trying to find the post to judge.. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, No_worries said:

TPL was scrutinised in 2011, had some negative comments but still won simply because she stood on PAP ticket. If she stood on other side, would have lost big time . That’s the reality in Singapore.

This is really the reality in sg. Now i think even CSJ also gone case liao due to the 10m population accuses?!

Just now, 13177 said:

Since this time GE Jo Teo is leading the Jalan Besar GRC and seems like a lot of people dont like her, quite a waste there is no better quality and well establish opp come to contest lo? Then maybe will have higher chance to win and also vote off Jo Teo? Even though past 3 election, even WP come contest also lose, it shows that Jalan Besar voters quite supportive for pap.

No chance she will lose here.  The closest ever was 2011.  Ah Lui still win with 13k majority or 59% of the vote.

15 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Likely a separate team handled her social media account, filter comments etc.

When she posted her pic, the admin got excited and forgot to logout before commenting :D

ownself comfort ownself. hahaha

(edited)
7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

PAP know where to place their chess pieces.  Esp. the last Cai Shen Yeh piece. 

Edited by Mockngbrd

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Mockngbrd said:

PAP know where to place their chess pieces.  Esp. the last Cai Shen Yeh piece. 

Ya.. But pap might have miscalculated sengkang grc.. But then pap got lucky this time round coz of the raeesah Khan Facebook Post to help pap.

Turbocharged
56 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Dont know why like everytime WP sure to have some negative news about them during GE. And most people usually would be discounted and votes would get affected?! Unlike pap, whether they have negative news or not, votes would not affect much. Seems like opp cannot have any not so good news about them during GE de.

55 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Don't think it is so simple as that.. If it is so simple.. How good.. The world is complicated.. Like the grc system.. Many people will think got jamus lim.. So vote for him no matter what.  Or some will think, pap also got flaws, no one is perfect, give her a chance and etc..

Yes maybe there might have some will not vote for wp because of that, but I believe that number would be quite little.. However that small number of people that initially want to vote wp but end up vote pap might be the deciding factor if the vote between pap and wp at sengkang grc is very close. 

OK la, what she posted was uncalled for but at least she APOLOGIZED.

That's a good start.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1