GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, yishunite said:

But this is why the WP lapse in not doing as simple a background check as social media postings is quite crazy... i mean even employers do this for anyone facing the public 

Just like Ivan lim.. Pap also missed out on his character on background check.  Guess no system is perfect afterall.. One is get exposed before nomination day, another one is exposed after nomination day. So well.. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

CSJ is different lah. 

His case he fighting not to grow the population, be it 6.9m, 10m or 100m makes no different. 

So what if he made a mistake of that 10m, the objective is in no increase of anymore population.  There is a big different in the 2 cases.

Mayb he misread the information, mayb he cannot find back out, but the fact is he did not lie, and they cannot call him a liar. He is also speaking on a bigger picture and no race card played. 

wont hurt him lah... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Origins of 10 million S'pore population figure traced to Liu Thai Ker in 2013, explained

https://mothership.sg/2020/07/10-million-population/

• Praise 1

Supercharged
17 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think Lily Neo is popular with the elderly in Jln Besar. Probably same with Denise Phua since she's good with community work and even setup the Pathlight school. Yacoob is likely good with his Malay community. Dunno how good is Heng Chee How though. Kinda low profile. 

I think that's why Jln Besar used to be a tough fight. Now with Jo Teo and a new face I dunno what the voters will be rooting for.

Lim Tien sure lose one lar. No matter how well he speak.

• Haha! 1

No wonder SK GRC has no odds from bookies. Bookies know all along.

Ng Chee Meng can count his lucky star. From potentially 0 to S$5m+.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984_s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_4a37435b-bc13-4fc5-be5a-374e51b856bb_828x1593.jpg.370fb5878e3b30d46eb17dcbad1a04b9.jpg

106530214_4055234934549425_1577330619520619338_o.thumb.jpg.4a78af52c7632d2d3db422b4c6e16656.jpg

1st post not just playing the racial card but also religion.

Actually as a Christian, I dun find her post offensive. In fact it's the truth that nobody dare to say. Life is never fair. 

I feel CHC members in SK would probably not vote for WP because of her. 

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Where you guys get all these bookies information from? Can share with me? I also want to go there see.. 

• Praise 1

6 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

It's not easy man.. Like my mother.. Finally she now know how to use WhatsApp recently.. And it was a real struggle for her.. I had to go through days of teaching and constantly practing with her.. Though sending and receiving WhatsApp message until she get the hang of it. The struggle is real.. Now the singpass and the qr code to scan is another headache.. 

Oh ya.. What about those age 80plus, 90plus.. Still want then to go fully digital when they already like struggling with a lot of things and these people will still have energy and memory to learn digital? 

You are looking for that perfect solution? Who has it?

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Yeshe said:

Actually as a Christian, I dun find her post offensive. In fact it's the truth that nobody dare to say. Life is never fair. 

I feel CHC members in SK would probably not vote for WP because of her. 

True.. CHC numbers also quite a lot. The swing could be 1% jump.. That itself could be the deciding factor.. 

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Why ?... :ph34r:

WP still have not disqualified right ....  :slow:

or declared walkover .. :wut: 

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

You are looking for that perfect solution? Who has it?

That is why beside going full digital, at least also have the option of manual people manning the counter.. Cannot be go full digital and no counter.. Then those get left out is really out of reach and the gap will surely widen further more.. 

It is impossible to force all the elderly to embrace digital and technology. For people in the 70s and 80s, many are uneducated. They lived their life doing structured/routine tasks. Now ask them watch TV, they can only switch on/off, change volume, and change channels. 

If want to adjust brighness, switch to maybe paid TV or go Internet... forget it.

Use handphone, it took a while to get them to learn to use the dumb phones, cos must press the green button to call, and red button to end (which is different from the home phone). Smart phone needs to swipe, even worse, esp if hands shaky. What Internet registration, 2FA, PIN, etc... can totally forget it.

The above is exactly what happened to my parents.

My father still tries to learn to use camera, whatsapp, wechat on his phone, as these allow free comms with our China relatives, and his own friends. But my mother is like, forget it, don't bother me...

Volunteers can at best help them to press the phone, but it's impossible to teach them to use the phone one...

• Praise 4

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Why ?... :ph34r:

WP still have not disqualified right ....  :slow:

or declared walkover .. :wut: 

Oh ya.. Police investigating, will it be able to within this week decide on the outcome? So don't think will get disqualified coz the lead time is too short for the police investigation process to get charged and judge pass the judgement.. 

However there could be a situation where for some reason wp win Sengkang grc.. And then the judge verdict come back later and then she will need to vaccent the mp seat. Then how? By election or no by election? If by election, people will complaint it is unfair as that time our now president also vaccent the seat but yet there is no by election. 

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

It is impossible to force all the elderly to embrace digital and technology. For people in the 70s and 80s, many are uneducated. They lived their life doing structured/routine tasks. Now ask them watch TV, they can only switch on/off, change volume, and change channels. 

If want to adjust brighness, switch to maybe paid TV or go Internet... forget it.

Use handphone, it took a while to get them to learn to use the dumb phones, cos must press the green button to call, and red button to end (which is different from the home phone). Smart phone needs to swipe, even worse, esp if hands shaky. What Internet registration, 2FA, PIN, etc... can totally forget it.

The above is exactly what happened to my parents.

My father still tries to learn to use camera, whatsapp, wechat on his phone, as these allow free comms with our China relatives, and his own friends. But my mother is like, forget it, don't bother me...

Volunteers can at best help them to press the phone, but it's impossible to teach them to use the phone one...

Same for my mother too.. 

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Oppo bo bian. They cannot suka suka parachute here and there, they needed to walk the ground from early early. Give PAP advantage to know who going where liao. PAP can just ride on their brand name and win. 

No wonder not easy for opp and also low chance for opp to win.

8 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

It's not easy man.. Like my mother.. Finally she now know how to use WhatsApp recently.. And it was a real struggle for her.. I had to go through days of teaching and constantly practing with her.. Though sending and receiving WhatsApp message until she get the hang of it. The struggle is real.. Now the singpass and the qr code to scan is another headache.. 

Oh ya.. What about those age 80plus, 90plus.. Still want then to go fully digital when they already like struggling with a lot of things and these people will still have energy and memory to learn digital? 

Many 55-65 yo facing same dilemma, not easy to learn at this age group, My MIL is already 95 with severe dementia and wheel-chaired bound, yet has to go and vote in july10? ( She cant even think let alone vote who are !! ) I mean she has Pioneer Gen card and it connected to all her medical history and records show she is under doctors medical advise not to attend abby big gatherings or group celebrations aged of any events, let alone her last year birthday celebration was also cancelled due to her old age and walking were a mere step by step with helper's assistance.

We told her not to vote, and she will not be liable for any infringement by G. Simi Digital learning, if thy are healthy and a clear set of mind, fine, We are first Wourld country yet living in a 3rd world stage  . . . where is the connectivity of healthcare on Pioneer/ Merdeka & CHAS, I like to see for senior citizens being connected in today society as compared to S Korea and Japan, thy're way ahead of us in term of well-ness and well-being infrastructure.

• Praise 3

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Oh ya.. Police investigating, will it be able to within this week decide on the outcome? So don't think will get disqualified coz the lead time is too short for the police investigation process to get charged and judge pass the judgement.. 

However there could be a situation where for some reason wp win Sengkang grc.. And then the judge verdict come back later and then she will need to vaccent the mp seat. Then how? By election or no by election? If by election, people will complaint it is unfair as that time our now president also vaccent the seat but yet there is no by election. 

If by election then wp might have chance to lose liao?! So people might think better dont vote for wp liao, if by election problem.

Twincharged
(edited)
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If by election then wp might have chance to lose liao?! So people might think better dont vote for wp liao, if by election problem.

By then if by election, many people will remember this forever as that time our now president vaccent the seat also no by election. This will surely affect pap next GE.. So yeah.. 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement