GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Twincharged
9 minutes ago, CYHew said:

It will surely not be a lightning conviction/charges by the police with few days left to polling. If WP won SK and she eventually being convicted and charged, it is likely a by-election for SK.

Then a lot of people will be complaining what about that time our now president vaccent the seat and no by election? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

Oh ya.. Police investigating, will it be able to within this week decide on the outcome? So don't think will get disqualified coz the lead time is too short for the police investigation process to get charged and judge pass the judgement.. 

However there could be a situation where for some reason wp win Sengkang grc.. And then the judge verdict come back later and then she will need to vaccent the mp seat. Then how? By election or no by election? If by election, people will complaint it is unfair as that time our now president also vaccent the seat but yet there is no by election. 

actually what is basis for disqualification?

afaik, you disqualified if you don't meet certain criteria on nomination day, including criminal convictions. Once you clear that, between that and elections, think its not so easy.

Twincharged
12 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Our election standard pattern.

Now every 1 is trying to make each other.black.

Instead of putting in effort on how to serve the ppl better.

Exactly!! 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
54 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

My parents stay with me, so all these things i bao lor. 

that's why i can tell you how much my father (who is 86) can learn, and how much my mother (3 yr younger) can.

But if the children/grandchildren do not stay with the parents/grandparents, and have to work, i doubt they will be able to teach the elderly anything. Maybe at best help them do what is necessary, like pax tax, check CPF, etc.

Bottomline is, while tech is useful and important, must still leave the option there that there are some (old people especially) who can never take to it. Must still cater to them and 留一条路給他们走 🤣

Some old folks die die would not learn these new tech, usually it is their children who help them in their tax payment etc.

Hypersonic
16 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Which politician in the world is out to serve the ppl?

They need to keep the ppl going so that economy keeps going so that they can stay in power...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Karoon said:

actually what is basis for disqualification?

afaik, you disqualified if you don't meet certain criteria on nomination day, including criminal convictions. Once you clear that, between that and elections, think its not so easy.

yup tang liang hong also wasnt disqualified during 1997 GE.

This raessah thing got alot of similarity to that time ("chinese chauvinist" vs dunno what label they will come up with for her) also... but dont forget for all the hoohah PAP threw at them, end of the day the WP team there won the greatest vote share of any losing GRC... which is why i suspect PAP dun wanna push this one too far... blowback is real

Edited by yishunite
  • Praise 1

29 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Yes, don't quite agree with her statements.  

When I was younger, I complained a lot too. Now I accept the world is never going to be fair, so suck it up lah.

young punk, gripe and rant nobody cares.

but if she had said that while wearing her political hat and colors, then she is really inexperienced lah.  

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
5 minutes ago, yishunite said:

yup tang liang hong also wasnt disqualified during 1997 GE.

This raessah thing got alot of similarity to that time ("chinese chauvinist" vs dunno what label they will come up with for her) also... but dont forget for all the hoohah PAP threw at them, end of the day the WP team there won the greatest vote share of any losing GRC... which is why i suspect PAP dun wanna push this one too far... blowback is real

Ya.. True, once the whole wp contesting in sengkang grc gets disqualified.. The backlesh is real.. More people will get pissed off and vote opposition party at all other contesting areas.. Then gg for pap. 

Edited by Yewheng

28 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I already said in my previous post.

Do we expect them to win in this GE?

Answer is "no". So what if these two opp didn't opt to contest in the first place.  Aother noise will emerge. How come no opp? See us no up?

So I won't fault the opp for lack of publicity. Instead I applaud them for letting me exercise my vote as citizen.

Let our vote even though it might be...0.00001 percentage...tell the government. I am not happy with your performance.

Hope yours see the point.

Yes. 

Last time AMK and Tanjong Pagar won't even have the chance to vote. Anyway, in Sengkang GRC WP won't win even without Khan's blunder, at most the losing margin is reduced because of Jamus's potential. 

For my side, Jalan Besar GRC, I vote Lim Tean as spoiling my vote doesn't make any sense. I will vote PV is not because they are competent, but the right message has to be sent to Jo Teo to dilute her winning margin, even in a bao jiak GRC like Jalan Besar. 

I want to be able to exercise my right to vote, since voting is compulsory by law. I would be even more pissed if it's a walkover for Jalan Besar GRC, especially with an incompetent minister like Jo Teo parachuted in. 

• Praise 9

37 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Singapore GE2020: WP should state stand on Raeesah Khan's posts, not ask voters to write it a 'blank cheque' in Sengkang, says PAP

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/singapore-ge2020-wp-should-state-stand-on-raeesah-khans-posts-not-ask-voters-to-write-it-a

(edited)
4 hours ago, mikk123 said:

Can you image voting in a MP with open racist remarks in Singapore? Singapore is prosperous and strong because three main races living together in peace. If someone of an MP caliber don't understand this, the WP is a huge disappointment to the voters. Their intention is good that they want to make sure there is a check and balance in Parliament. But that doesn't mean they can field whichever candidate that wants to be a MP.  This candidate can potentially go jail for her post on facebook, let alone be a MP. 

Not saying she's right. But is everyone equal? Or some are more equal than others?

vsgykj5pu0951.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 4

Twincharged
39 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Anyone saw the news of a police report being lodged against a pap candidate? Is it real?

The second in command.

• Shocked 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

This morning, MCF was glitchy

Probably download all the message and users to gather evidence on this thread .,, oohhh everyone habis 

• Haha! 4

(edited)
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

WP gone case liao even their others GRC due to this matter.

1 (wo)man to sink them all. Girl power!

maybe she is PAP mole?

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
22 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Even though there is no rally.. Psp walkabout is very happening.. 

So far i only see TCB walkabouts is very happening. Lol. Others PSP walkabouts without TCB not say very happening la. So dont know in actual voting, how many actually will support PSP?

• Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Not saying she's right. But is everyone equal? Or some are more equal than others?

vsgykj5pu0951.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Wah lau, the comment from Choo Wee Khiang really takes the cake. For the rest, still can be argued they are taken out of context. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3