GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Just now, 13177 said:

I guess you not only see her face for the next 5 years in parliament, like i said if there is nothing much big issue happen, she might continue to stay in Jalan Besar GRC until she retires. And she is 51 year old this year, you go count you need to see her how many more years until she retires? Lol.

I suspect her replacement is already here, and she will go by the next GE if there's someone else to take over. Jo Teo is likely to go to a more relaxed ministry when new cabinet is formed. 

Ng Ling Ling, Gan Siow Huang, Yeo Wan Ling, Poh Li San. Quite a number of new female PAP candidates this time to be groomed to replace her, moving forward. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

if PAP falls on 10th of July

I will have to apply MM2H asap and relocate to Kelantan and be a fisherman

thanks to the wankers

Rather than apply MM2H, apply 2IMH.

• Haha! 5

Twincharged

To be fair Lee bee hua did voice out quite a few things in parliament.. And at times even go head on head with his own party.. Don't know is it because she go head to head with own party in parliament that resulted her to resign or what sia. 

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Lethalstrike said:

I suspect her replacement is already here, and she will go by the next GE if there's someone else to take over. Jo Teo is likely to go to a more relaxed ministry when new cabinet is formed. 

Ng Ling Ling, Gan Siow Huang, Yeo Wan Ling, Poh Li San. Quite a number of new female PAP candidates this time to be groomed to replace her, moving forward. 

Currently, parliamentary secretary of MoM is also female

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I think there is a big difference from ALL of the above with what the WP Khan person wrote.  Her second comment is not that bad but the first, honestly, crosses the lines in so many ways. I really wish I know the context of that facebook post in 2018. 

"Singapore jail mercilessly, harasses mosque leaders but let corrupt leaders church leaders who who stole SGD50 million walk free."

1) She put Singapore in an extremely bad light. We all are Singaporeans and we can criticize constructively but that statement is not even true. Anyone who call them self Singaporean would not be happy to hear such a comment.

2) The WP Khan statement incites racial disharmony by saying there is a widespread injustice against the minorities among the AUTHORITIES. Notice ALL the PAP statements are personal opinions... They are more akin to "I dun like you" or I make a racist joke. I am not saying making racist jokes are allright but what we are talking about is severity.

3) Whatever LKY says, most of us agree he has more leeway to express his thoughts/opinions than any other Singaporean, with a good reason.

LKY might, might, been repeating a verified statement for ears other than ours in that the statement and who made it is being suppressed.

Just speculation. Just ole regular superior statesmanship from the sampan.

Supersonic
Just now, inlinesix said:

Utter crap. The ELD, and by implication, LHL, since ELD reports to PMO, is insisting on holding an election the old fashioned way at this time, exactly like COVID-19 doesn't exist. 

Pot calling the kettle black. 

As for actual sensible talk on COVID-19 issues, I've seen more from PT (SDP) than from the assorted Pappies during this campaign. 

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

lets get real. 

What is the max no of opposition elected into Parliament so far? 

Seven? 

1 from smc, 5 from GRC, and 1 from a by election, all in 2011.  How far away is that to the target of 1/3 numbers of seats? 

And why are the opposition still fighting blindly the old way, some even fighting the way PAP wants them to fight? 

KPKB about the NCMP is not going to help, voters are not interested in if you become MP or NCMP. They want to know and see what you can do in Parliament.

Fighting the PAP gov on how they handled Covid-19 is stupid. Because thats where the fear is, and it is this fear that election is call upon. Yes, there are great Doctors in Oppositions, and they feel they know better about the issue, but the more covid-19 is debated, the more fear is reinforce. Why do you want to reinforce fear into voters? 

It is time the opposition wake up and look at how to win, and not how they want to win. It is the same as what I see here, many are only interested in how "I" wanted to vote against the PAP, and not how "We" can vote in more oppositions. 

Stay away from topics the PAP wants to talk about, which are fear of Covid-19 and NCMP. The more they wants to talk, the more you sld stay away.

Engage them with bread and butter topics the ground is interested in. Cost of living, HDB prices, increase in populations, CPF, whack them in areas they dont like to debate. Do your homework and get them to fight your battle, not go fight their battle. 

Turn the election into a by election.The only way to win more is to contest less. 

The more seats you contest, the ground gets more worried of a sudden change of gov, the lesser seats you contest, the more relax the ground will be. 

Contest all the SMCs, but let them take some GRCs walk over, let the ground feel relax, no worries of a sudden change, and then more swing votes will change hands. 

I am not a politician, and cfm is a politics idiot, but I dont see how and why the oppositions are seeing these facts....

There is no way anyone can take over the gov in the next 10 years, but if nobody can start to break through in the next 2-3 elections, then we will have to wait another 50 years. 

If you want to win more seats, contest lesser seats, and turn the election into a massive by election. By elections always favor the oppositions... -_-[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 7

Twincharged

Screenshot_20200706_151154.thumb.jpg.23e2175def7e211f30264331c2dd05e4.jpg

Browse on Facebook and saw this comment.. Police very pai Tan.. Very busy and still need to entertain all these GE police report on damaged posters and etc.. 

One thing for sure.. Our police force really very hardworking.. All nonsense l go to police handle.. Neighbour loud music at wee hours, call police. Major accident and got injuries, call police. Big fight in neighbourhood, call police. Election posters being damaged by people, call police. To even this incident, call police.. 

Hypersonic
12 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

To be fair Lee bee hua did voice out quite a few things in parliament.. And at times even go head on head with his own party.. Don't know is it because she go head to head with own party in parliament that resulted her to resign or what sia. 

Too outspoken ma. They want Yes people only.

• Haha! 6

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

lets get real. 

What is the max no of opposition elected into Parliament so far? 

Seven? 

1 from smc, 5 from GRC, and 1 from a by election, all in 2011.  How far away is that to the target of 1/3 numbers of seats? 

And why are the opposition still fighting blindly the old way, some even fighting the way PAP wants them to fight? 

KPKB about the NCMP is not going to help, voters are not interested in if you become MP or NCMP. They want to know and see what you can do in Parliament.

Fighting the PAP gov on how they handled Covid-19 is stupid. Because thats where the fear is, and it is this fear that election is call upon. Yes, there are great Doctors in Oppositions, and they feel they know better about the issue, but the more covid-19 is debated, the more fear is reinforce. Why do you want to reinforce fear into voters? 

It is time the opposition wake up and look at how to win, and not how they want to win. It is the same as what I see here, many are only interested in how "I" wanted to vote against the PAP, and not how "We" can vote in more oppositions. 

Stay away from topics the PAP wants to talk about, which are fear of Covid-19 and NCMP. The more they wants to talk, the more you sld stay away.

Engage them with bread and butter topics the ground is interested in. Cost of living, HDB prices, increase in populations, CPF, whack them in areas they dont like to debate. Do your homework and get them to fight your battle, not go fight their battle. 

Turn the election into a by election.The only way to win more is to contest less. 

The more seats you contest, the ground gets more worried of a sudden change of gov, the lesser seats you contest, the more relax the ground will be. 

Contest all the SMCs, but let them take some GRCs walk over, let the ground feel relax, no worries of a sudden change, and then more swing votes will change hands. 

I am not a politician, and cfm is a politics idiot, but I dont see how and why the oppositions are seeing these facts....

There is no way anyone can take over the gov in the next 10 years, but if nobody can start to break through in the next 2-3 elections, then we will have to wait another 50 years. 

If you want to win more seats, contest lesser seats, and turn the election into a massive by election. By elections always favor the oppositions... -_-[laugh][laugh]

So in order to get a few people in oppos must cut off one leg? Glad ur not an opposition political strategist

Truth is people need to be made aware that the whole world wont come crashing down just cost PAP get fewer seats. No other country in the world comes crashing down just cos their govt changes hands or wins fewer seats, surely our million-dollar-ministars can do better anyway?

7 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Utter crap. The ELD, and by implication, LHL, since ELD reports to PMO, is insisting on holding an election the old fashioned way at this time, exactly like COVID-19 doesn't exist. 

Pot calling the kettle black. 

As for actual sensible talk on COVID-19 issues, I've seen more from PT (SDP) than from the assorted Pappies during this campaign. 

LHL might be making a fair assessment. 

I believed him when he said PAP has never taken their eyes off the pandemic ball, but that's after they had dropped the ball completely with many of their half past six initial measures and complacency. 

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Screenshot_20200706_151154.thumb.jpg.23e2175def7e211f30264331c2dd05e4.jpg

Browse on Facebook and saw this comment.. Police very pai Tan.. Very busy and still need to entertain all these GE police report on damaged posters and etc.. 

One thing for sure.. Our police force really very hardworking.. All nonsense l go to police handle.. Neighbour loud music at wee hours, call police. Major accident and got injuries, call police. Big fight in neighbourhood, call police. Election posters being damaged by people, call police. To even this incident, call police.. 

According to PAP this election was all abt future, security, covid19... but the minute they sniff a slight advantage they let all the dogs loose on the youngest WP candidate ...

Twincharged
(edited)
4 minutes ago, yishunite said:

According to PAP this election was all abt future, security, covid19... but the minute they sniff a slight advantage they let all the dogs loose on the youngest WP candidate ...

I mean police are the one super pai tan.. They super busy already and now  election period make them even more busy.. Haha.. 

Edited by Yewheng

32 minutes ago, yishunite said:

35-40% vote oppos ---> they get less than 10% seats in parliament, all from 1 party

I dont think this is healthy for singapore. It drives tensions underground and one day will blow up in our face... think of brexit and trump and the mess they have caused in the worlds most developed countries

Parliament should fairly reflect the diverse political spectrum we have in Sg

Altho my posts usually support opposition in truth i am not their supporter. Candidate for candidate PAP beats them to a majority of seats already. But cos i think about the health of the system as a whole i must vote opposition until such time as there is level playing field and fair reflection of our political views as a nation

This is putting singapore first

thats y........ idungivashiet

↡ Advertisement