GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

3 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Just received this from the sg of PAP 

IMG_20200706_161715.jpg

you actually open ah? mine all go straight to bin. PAP/WP all go into bin. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 8

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, yishunite said:

Even in 1997 they contested Cheng San GRC... how is that different and why u like to throw so much insults?

How is one Cheng san GRC comparing to "SOME"? 

And why is it that in the 80/90 opposition cannot contest in GRCs? 

I throw insults to ppl who deserve to be insulted, if you are not shooting blindly like an idiot, then it does not apply to you..

Hypersonic
2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

same same...

Mine both PAP and PSP materials all inside newspaper stack, going to karang guni.......[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

How is one Cheng san GRC comparing to "SOME"? 

And why is it that in the 80/90 opposition cannot contest in GRCs? 

I throw insults to ppl who deserve to be insulted, if you are not shooting blindly like an idiot, then it does not apply to you..

maybe u shld learn ur history b4 throwing insults

There were several grcs contested in 1997 (36 seats contested according to wiki), but mostly is throwaway kind. their big shot oppos went to SMC (potong pasir/hougang) except WP which sent Jeyaratnam to Cheng San with Tang Liang Hong

IOW they played the exact same strategy u just promoted of focusing on SMC and leaving most GRC to ensure PAP return to power on nomination day (47 uncontested seats)

Despite that they nearly got wipe out from their 1991 gains.

5th Gear
15 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I received it and opened to check whether any vouchers or redemption for New Moon bird nest or not...... opened liao see all words throw straight to the bin.[:p]

• Haha! 6

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I am curious to know will Jo Teo continue to be manpower minister after the GE?

I will be very surprised if its still her. 

• Shocked 1

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, yishunite said:

maybe u shld learn ur history b4 throwing insults

There were several grcs contested in 1997 (36 seats contested according to wiki), but mostly is throwaway kind. their big shot oppos went to SMC (potong pasir/hougang) except WP which sent Jeyaratnam to Cheng San with Tang Liang Hong

IOW they played the exact same strategy u just promoted of focusing on SMC and leaving most GRC to ensure PAP return to power on nomination day (47 uncontested seats)

Despite that they nearly got wipe out from their 1991 gains.

History? 1997? 

Go back to 1991 election, and understand what happened in 1991, then go to 1996 and understand what happen between CST and SDP before the 1997 election. 

Then look at the leadership in WP back in 1997 and now, look at the leadership in PAP in 1997 and now. 

look at what kind of candidates the opposition had vs what kind of quality in the current opposition candidates.  

And go read again, did I say "focusing on SMC and leaving most GRC to ensure PAP return to power on nomination day"? 

Twincharged
15 minutes ago, Alg said:

I received it and opened to check whether any vouchers or redemption for New Moon bird nest or not...... opened liao see all words throw straight to the bin.[:p]

i see you are a true blue singaporean 🙂

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

History? 1997? 

Go back to 1991 election, and understand what happened in 1991, then go to 1996 and understand what happen between CST and SDP before the 1997 election. 

Then look at the leadership in WP back in 1997 and now, look at the leadership in PAP in 1997 and now. 

look at what kind of candidates the opposition had vs what kind of quality in the current opposition candidates.  

And go read again, did I say "focusing on SMC and leaving most GRC to ensure PAP return to power on nomination day"? 

Ok u win... apparently u mean something totally different by "Contest all the SMCs, but let them take some GRCs walk over, let the ground feel relax, no worries of a sudden change, and then more swing votes will change hands. "

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

i find the statement very contradicting

when you "emphasize" ...  you are not a Yes, Man but you choose to vote "you-know" means what?

they want a Yes, Man? .... lol

Cannot have a conscience I guess. 

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Must Open!

In case there are bird's nest vouchers inside!

Don't waste.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Twincharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I am curious to know will Jo Teo continue to be manpower minister after the GE?

will not be immediate change la.... maybe wait a few month.

doing so would be an admission of failure.. like returning a faulty product.. manufacturer got reputation to take care one you know... need to maintain the aura for high selling price.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

I think there is a big difference from ALL of the above with what the WP Khan person wrote.  Her second comment is not that bad but the first, honestly, crosses the lines in so many ways. I really wish I know the context of that facebook post in 2018. 

"Singapore jail mercilessly, harasses mosque leaders but let corrupt leaders church leaders who who stole SGD50 million walk free."

1) She put Singapore in an extremely bad light. We all are Singaporeans and we can criticize constructively but that statement is not even true. Anyone who call them self Singaporean would not be happy to hear such a comment.

2) The WP Khan statement incites racial disharmony by saying there is a widespread injustice against the minorities among the AUTHORITIES. Notice ALL the PAP statements are personal opinions... They are more akin to "I dun like you" or I make a racist joke. I am not saying making racist jokes are allright but what we are talking about is severity.

3) Whatever LKY says, most of us agree he has more leeway to express his thoughts/opinions than any other Singaporean, with a good reason.

I don't completely disagree with you on severity of Khan's rants.

But my original question remains - Is everyone being treated equally when it comes to making provocative remarks/comments/opinions/what-ever-you-call-it? I think there's a very clear answer in everyone's heart whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

She did mentioned that she is from East coast.. And she seems to have many friends that live in landed property.. Her influence could be all around her friends in landed.. And East Coast has a lot of landed and condo.. That says a lot.. Nowonder last minute put hsk there.. As pap maybe suddenly realised.. Cannot.. Got Nicole Seah, plus a lot of people staying at landed and condo over there.. Must put very strong minister to defend.. 

Hsk will win east coast , that's a confirm case

I am just worried that , there wont be any opposition after this election and they will truly have a blank cheque. 

Anyway best of luck oppies against thanos 

Edited by Staff69

49 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

May have some surprises...:-)

16 minutes ago, Playtime said:

will not be immediate change la.... maybe wait a few month.

doing so would be an admission of failure.. like returning a faulty product.. manufacturer got reputation to take care one you know... need to maintain the aura for high selling price.

KBW retired.  Someone need to fill his seat.

Better hope is not her.

Turbocharged
17 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

I don't completely disagree with you on severity of Khan's rants.

But my original question remains - Is everyone being treated equally when it comes to making provocative remarks/comments/opinions/what-ever-you-call-it? I think there's a very clear answer in everyone's heart whether we choose to acknowledge it or not.

Actually the answer to your question is pretty simple. No. 

The question I want to ask you is, do you expect everyone to be treated equally when ti comes to making provocative remarks/comments/opinions?

For me, I don't expect everyone to be treated equally. For many reasons. It could be who is making those comments, it could be the context in which the comments is  made. There are a lot of factors to consider.

I am not sure why did Khan make those comments though, I have no idea of the context in which it was made. 

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Beregond said:

Actually got la.

I see some small europe country. Their politican really out to serve the ppl and make their country a better place. 

I am surprised you did not say LKY and have to quote some  small Europe country...

I am mid forties, I have seen for my own eyes how Singapore is transformed when I was very young in the 80s to now.

I just need to look at Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines and feel grateful that LKY was singaporean. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3