GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Radx. He keep stack of cash with many zero under his bed.

@RadX may have many zeros, but he is always very careful with his zeros hor, and the most important thing is, he not stupid with his zeros hor.

Only over his dead body will he loan me $240B, and only required $48B in return, he will f**king take that as interest only...[laugh][laugh][laugh] 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic
12 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Means what, Masagos will be next MOT Minister because of the LHY slip? 🤣

Good. He can solve road side illegal parking problem!

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, RadX said:

this is his most useful cliche....other than that he shd go home

image.png.de731faee0eb135d7eeac01a9f9b48c3.png

Seriously, I got a feeling he is really not interested in SG politics, he is just doing it because of the bedside order from his late father..

Quite poor thing also this lost soul.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

@RadX may have many zeros, but he is always very careful with his zeros hor, and the most important thing is, he not stupid with his zeros hor.

Only over his dead body will he loan me $240B, and only required $48B in return, he will f**king take that as interest only...[laugh][laugh][laugh] 

"There" got Ah Long one meh, collect interest  .... [sly]

Dare to collect interest, don't scare 'Ji Ya Pek' cook them inside oil wok at Level 6 ... :ph34r:

:secret-laugh:

• Haha! 1

11 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

So true.. 

S

IMHO.
The engine like running.  Should he clarify and be accountable? 

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
The engine like running.  Should he clarify and be accountable? 

This is a very small issue (the most pay fine) as compared to what he is talking about national interest. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

deeply resonate with meinbound4044946023466585948.thumb.jpg.dd1599b870d3cae5924d38b0f9333360.jpg

IMHO,
If voice is all that is needed,  maybe he can consider to go to the Speaker's corner every weekend.   

• Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

59 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

"Another way is to channel a fraction of land sales receipts (which currently go toward reserves) toward meeting recurrent expenditures like health and education. The common govt argument that land represents assets ignores the fact that human capital is an asset, too.‬"

mmm... Does anyone understand Jamus argument here?

I don't agree with him at all here. The government argument about land sales is always that we only have a finite amount of land and if we use land sales to fund recurrent expenditures, it is just not sustainable as one day we will run out of land.

Unless, he is assuming that the people we develop will help us to generate more income for the government in the future, which to put it bluntly, taxing the future generations more. 

I am not economics trained... so maybe I understand wrongly.

I agree that GST favours the capital (I assume the rich) because it is a regressive tax but putting land sales receipt into the reserves does not favour capital or labour, I feel. 

20% of Hong Kong's expenditure is funded via land sales. I don't think it is a healthy way to fund the budget over the long run as there will be incentives to withhold supply to push up prices, like in HK.  

• Praise 2

2 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

This is a very small issue (the most pay fine) as compared to what he is talking about national interest. 

IMHO.
It is not whether the issue is small or big.   It's about clarification and accountability. 

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

Two fap pages???

So now is fap fap gone?

Twincharged
1 minute ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
It is not whether the issue is small or big.   It's about clarification and accountability. 

Then you need to think back.. Yog? 880k bin centre? These are magnitude larger then this ikan bilis car running when it is stationery. It's about clarification and accountability. So where is it? 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
19 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Good. He can solve road side illegal parking problem!

As long as this Masagos 马上高 not in his current ministry can already. Recently too many cases of flooding. Can anybody recommend which ministry he can go to? 

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Yewheng said:

Then you need to think back.. Yog? 880k bin centre? These are magnitude larger then this ikan bilis car running when it is stationery. It's about clarification and accountability. So where is it? 

If you want to know,  I would think you can go to the speaker's corner or some other platform and post.  But I am not sure if you will get an answer.

There is no $ value to accountability unless you are implying otherwise. If so, no point discussing further with you. 

Turbocharged
49 minutes ago, Scion said:

land sales can be recurring too..

leases of commercial sites valid for 30 years, residential ones (excluding freehold) range from 30 to 99

yes. I forgot about that. Then we need to weigh on the length of the lease. 99 years is pretty long. Even 30 years is not short. 

A very simple math calculations would be 1 divided by the number of years of lease divided by the amount of land sold each year as a percentage of our available land bank 

Example if we have like 100 units of land and we sell 2 units of a land a year with a 100 year lease. Theoretically we can us 50% of the proceeds each year to fund it our expenses forever... BUT that would mean we have no additional reserves contribution from land sales which is pretty bad.

What WP is suggesting is probably allocate a proportion of  it to be used each year. This is not really a capital vs labour debate but rather reserves vs current spending. 

To me, although it sound reasonable to use a small proportion of the land sales to fund current expenditure, personally I would not do it. It just open up the potential to be changed year after year. This year can be 10%, then next year 12%. 

I wold rather it being put in the reserves to be used in times like Covid.  

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Wait india don't fire the space satellite for ERP 2.0 how ?

can we save some money and Use china to fire satellite to space .. ?

I worry if they fire, may end up in Singapore :grin:

↡ Advertisement