GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Sorry how do you all view the polling queues? 

Never mind, found it. 

https://voteq.gowhere.gov.sg

There is time gap btw time you checked and when you arrived.

When I checked, it stated that < 10 people. After I arrived, it is more than 10 ppl

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Strat said:

Saw some posts on FB the q is pretty bad and there is no social distancing at all...😓😓 

Will these turn some into protest votes?

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

There is time gap btw time you checked and when you arrived.

When I checked, it stated that < 10 people. After I arrived, it is more than 10 ppl

I was the other way around. It was 11-20 when I checked. There was only a syt in front of me when I arrived 👍

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Solar said:

I was the other way around. It was 11-20 when I checked. There was only a syt in front of me when I arrived 👍

Please SIC. [laugh]

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I think that idiot should be deaf cause when i finally told off that guy infront of the officer, he seems no response until the officer pointed out at him to step back. Then he just moved back a bit only. Dont know whats wrong with that guy, how come so difficult for him to maintain a safe distance from others?!

Might be special needs. I know of someone like that. Simply can't keep a distance from other people despite telling him.

Wa imagine Victor Lye wins tonight and he gets a promotion to Finance Minister given he is an anchor candidate for Aljunied. Song bo, Singaporeans?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

I think that idiot should be deaf cause when i finally told off that guy infront of the officer, he seems no response until the officer pointed out at him to step back. Then he just moved back a bit only. Dont know whats wrong with that guy, how come so difficult for him to maintain a safe distance from others?!

I think he wanted to smell you. What shampoo do you use? 😄

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 minutes ago, Mason016 said:

Please SIC. [laugh]

Don't know whether can use camera in the booth or not.. Don't want to spend the rest of today in the lockup 😆

• Haha! 3

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Unfazed said:

Cos all use nric liao mah. 

That's only one part of the story. 

Did they scan your NRIC once again when you left the station? It wasn't mandatory.

If they expect the same as in shopping centres and everywhere else, what's so special about polling stations?  

Edited by Lethalstrike

26 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Since many had already voted, has it occured to you why Safe Entry Check-In and Out isn't made mandatory at the polling centres? I know measures are in place, but isn't it the same as shopping centres and supermarkets? 

If a new cluster originates from one of the centres, someone is going to absolve all responsibility since there's no hard evidence? 

COVID-19 don't have polling card, so it cannot enter polling stations? 

Hmmm....because your IC will be scanned before you get the voting slip?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Wa imagine Victor Lye wins tonight and he gets a promotion to Finance Minister given he is an anchor candidate for Aljunied. Song bo, Singaporeans?

f**k man. 

The thought of it shudders me. We have Fireman Lye as a MP is already a scary thought, never mind a full fledged finance minister. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Haha! 1

Just now my wife braved a 1.5hr queue to vote when she tried to do it early with her father at 9+am. I reached just before 12pm at same voting centre and took less than 10min! Think many kiasu did it early so jam up the queue.

• Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Hmmm....because your IC will be scanned before you get the voting slip?

Read my response to Unfazed 2 posts before yours. 

29 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Since many had already voted, has it occured to you why Safe Entry Check-In and Out isn't made mandatory at the polling centres? I know measures are in place, but isn't it the same as shopping centres and supermarkets? 

If a new cluster originates from one of the centres, someone is going to absolve all responsibility since there's no hard evidence? 

COVID-19 don't have polling card, so it cannot enter polling stations? 

When you go to the polling station they already scan your IC. Why do double work?

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

That's only one part of the story. 

Did they scan your NRIC once again when you left the station? It wasn't mandatory.

If they expect the same as in shopping centres and everywhere else, what's so special about polling stations?  

You mean ppl will actually take their time to cast their vote? Who will want to hang around the polling station? 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

When you go to the polling station they already scan your IC. Why do double work?

That's the obvious. We have the check-ins, but not the check-outs. 

My question is why there is this inconsistency? It is recommended to check in and check out, even for a 2 min trip into a super market. Why wasn't this enforced at the polling stations? I've asked the officer where is the QR to scan for check-out, he said no need. 

↡ Advertisement