GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Same. It's like the causeway app. 

Might as well not have it. 

This whole thing was very fiddly. So many things to juggle until I actually left my IC behind!! I discovered the oversight when back in my car. Luckily one of the sweet ladies there actually brought it right to my car lol. Don't ask me how she knew it was me - sometimes it helps to be a minority! 😂

As I left, I was thinking of the ultimate Gomer Pyle screw-up - if I'd dropped my IC into the ballot box!! 🤣🤣🤣

By the way, no gloves required at my station. 

You winner lah, IC also can forget to take. 

So eager to put the chop of your choice eh? 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Lethalstrike said:

Gut feel has its on and off days. 

I always trusted my gut feel, and that's why I've never won big at the lotteries 😁

Winning lottery is harder than getting struck by lightning. 

Other activities may have a higher risk of getting struck by lightning. 😁

• Haha! 3

7 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Just a gut feel bro.

The guy doing the polling agent with me said the same. He was also involved in 2011 and 2015 GE.

Every time I buy Toto also got strong gut feel. This time go vote no gut feel at all. Maybe good sign LOL.

• Haha! 3

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

You winner lah, IC also can forget to take. 

So eager to put the chop of your choice eh? 😂

I used pen. Brought multicolour so I could select red to match the stamp colour. My wife had to use a black pen and now she's worried if it'll be counted.😂

This GE damn kallang kabut lah. Some more I had whacked my head at home a few days ago, needed stitches at A&E so still a bit disorientated. Went there with a big dressing covering my forehead. Don't care, must still exercise my democratic franchise! Suffrage despite suffering! 🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Winning lottery is harder than getting struck by lightning. 

Other activities may have a higher risk of getting struck by lightning. 😁

tenor.gif

• Haha! 2

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

The glove thing is damn retarded. They stop asking voters to use the gloves at 10+am at the station I was at.

They asked you to use santiizer but it’s those watery type that doesn’t dry up. 

With your hands wet, how to slip the damn gloves in?

I wouldn't say its a retarded measure. It's always good to have precautions in place, no matter the slightest possibility of getting infected. But, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. 😄

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Haha! 1

23 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Just a gut feel bro.

The guy doing the polling agent with me said the same. He was also involved in 2011 and 2015 GE.

Hope your gut sala feel...

C’mon.. it’s not over till it’s over..

• Praise 1

34 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

This whole thing was very fiddly. So many things to juggle until I actually left my IC behind!! I discovered the oversight when back in my car. Luckily one of the sweet ladies there actually brought it right to my car lol. Don't ask me how she knew it was me - sometimes it helps to be a minority! 😂

As I left, I was thinking of the ultimate Gomer Pyle screw-up - if I'd dropped my IC into the ballot box!! 🤣🤣🤣

Champion lah you...ask for your ic in order to give you the poll slip to drop into the box not ask you to surrender ic into the box😅

• Haha! 3

31 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Gomer Pyle will tie a rubber band around the ic and voting slip... 🤣

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

Very fast for me.

joined queue with 15 people in front.

queue moving non stop. 

Temp check 

identity checked

x marked and dropped into box

estimate about 7mins all in all

• Praise 2

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

Voters no longer need to don disposable gloves in light of long queues; younger voters urged to keep to assigned time slots

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/ge2020-long-queues-at-some-polling-stations-younger-voters-urged-to-keep-to-assigned-time

cteld1007.jpg?itok=JX1v50Cv&timestamp=15

How cum I am not surprised? Another day, another U-Turn. Like many other policies, never thought through properly. 

I just finished my duty. Zero Q. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Champion lah you...ask for your ic in order to give you the poll slip to drop into the box not ask you to surrender ic into the box😅

You have no idea how absent-minded I can be under the best of circumstances. And these are not the best of circumstances (in general, and for my health). 😁

• Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Very fast for me.

queue moving non stop. 

Temp check 

identity checked

That is fast. I spent 40 minutes there. Some places, more than 1 hour.

Turbocharged
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Very fast for me.

queue moving non stop. 

Temp check 

identity checked

Big towkay, your area is supreme atas, of course not that many people there lah.

Edited by Albeniz