GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

4 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Big towkay, your area is supreme atas, of course not that many people there lah.

I stay 3 rm Punggol HDB hor....

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Count-Bracula said:

A bit warm today 

Ya, the sun is out. Just now sky still looks dark. 😅

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

Voters no longer need to don disposable gloves in light of long queues; younger voters urged to keep to assigned time slots

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/ge2020-long-queues-at-some-polling-stations-younger-voters-urged-to-keep-to-assigned-time

cteld1007.jpg?itok=JX1v50Cv&timestamp=15

I check the queue status for my polling station... always greater than 60. Crazy lah.... Hopefully I will not get stuck in a Super Long queue. 

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That is fast. I spent 40 minutes there. Some places, more than 1 hour.

Wah, your area so many indecisive?

muayhahaha

11 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

That is fast. I spent 40 minutes there. Some places, more than 1 hour.

Your 40 mins was spent outside the polling station waiting, or already within the premises of the polling station? 

Supersonic
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Same. It's like the causeway app. 

Might as well not have it. 

This whole thing was very fiddly. So many things to juggle until I actually left my IC behind!! I discovered the oversight when back in my car. Luckily one of the sweet ladies there actually brought it right to my car lol. Don't ask me how she knew it was me - sometimes it helps to be a minority! 😂

As I left, I was thinking of the ultimate Gomer Pyle screw-up - if I'd dropped my IC into the ballot box!! 🤣🤣🤣

By the way, no gloves required at my station. 

Your polling station so far until you need to drive to vote ah? 😂

Thinking if you really dropped your IC into the ballot box, then you can only get it back after 8pm liao. 🤣

Edited by 13177
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I check the queue status for my polling station... always greater than 60. Crazy lah.... Hopefully I will not get stuck in a Super Long queue. 

Mine >60 since morning. Better clear bowel before go queue LOL

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Fitvip said:

I observed only the officers that issued the ballot paper practised the correct procedure. The officers before that handled my polling card and nric and the Q did not have safe distancing as they made it a U-turn Q. Voters who need assistance queued side by side with the normal queue!

This morning fetched my parents to the polling centre.  The guy on duty at the gate was a total failure in observing safety procedure.  He took from everyone their NRIC and polling document to check.  If he had handled one infected case,  everybody will kena,  given how infectious this virus is. 

Went back to the same polling centre an hour later with my family, I observed that the 2 young girls at the gate did a better job.  They scrutinised the NRIC and polling document without touching at all.  This is the correct way. 

• Praise 4

The notion adopted by some other Voting centre to remove the plastic gloves was after checking in Nric # and name verified, a sanitiser guy came up to offer a few drop, then you were offer a pair of plastic glove, this was what happened, the wet sanitised hands do no comfort with the plastic gloves resulting in difficulty to ink the vote . .  . My 0.02cts [laugh]

56 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

From the time your IC scanned till you crossed on the voting slip and out of the voting centre only take a min or 2, why need to do exit processing? All are suppose to decide who to vote for before entering the booth, and not spending 1hr in there deliberating and agonizing.

1 min or 2 min is in theory. 

You didn't read actual latest reports of queues taking more than 30 mins up to an hour across some polling stations? 

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

Wah, your area so many indecisive?

muayhahaha

Can't be lah! My place is one of the traditional fort! 

The processing was slow, wearing of gloves dragged it further, but, there  was no hesitation on my part!☺️

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Your 40 mins was spent outside the polling station waiting, or already within the premises of the polling station? 

Past temperature taking!

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
46 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

You winner lah, IC also can forget to take. 

So eager to put the chop of your choice eh? 😂

Thought the officer should pass you your voting slip together with your IC back to you. Should not forget to take back IC de. Unless you drop it at the voting stand.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1