GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

So, results will also be late! Final ward at 0200 hrs?😥

2am is consider early liao. I remember previous GE polling station closed at 8pm, the last result also need to wait until 2am plus then announced!

Really pity media and reporters. Thought can end work early and now polling station extended to 10pm. By the time they started to count votes, midnight liao. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Angry 1

My children just came back. One station empty but the other with long Q! Is there an uneven distribution of voters?

• Angry 1
  • Sad 1

Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Pity those working in the polling station. Cannot claim OT.

Pity all those people who are involved in this GE. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

My children just came back. One station empty but the other with long Q! Is there an uneven distribution of voters?

Super uneven. My brother took 8 mins I took 1.5 hrs. Different station obvs

• Angry 1

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, yishunite said:

They also claim they would make extra polling stations... how come I have to walk 15 mins to mine? Dafuq simi extra 

Walked 15 mins to polling station is consider far liao. By right polling station should near to your house esp for those who stay in hdb.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

2am is consider early liao. I remember previous GE polling station closed at 8pm, the last result also need to wait until 2am plus then announced!

Really pity media and reporters. Thought can end work early and now polling station extended to 10pm. By the time they started to count votes, midnight liao. 😅

There were recounts at certain counting centres!

• Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Let's see the test result next week! They can screw up as they don't have the benefit of hindsight!☹️

See also like that what. Votes will be cast tonight. Next week or two weeks later even if there's spreading in the community.... it's too late. You cant go back to the polls and vote again.

• Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 minute ago, yishunite said:

Super uneven. My brother took 8 mins I took 1.5 hrs. Different station obvs

True, some polling station is empty. Dont know who planned the distribution of voters going to which polling station? Looks like another bad handling case?

• Angry 1

This is strange.

Are the same polling centers having long queues both in the morning and afternoon? 

If everyone stick to their given timing, how did the queues form up? 

On one end, we are seeing long queues, on the other hand we have many who took less than 5 min to vote. So what is what, or where is where? 

Mine was 4-6pm. I started walking from my place to the polling center at 3.55pm,  4.10pm I drove off to SS already. 80% of those time taken was walking... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

18 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Time for some post-GE polling... 

...of how many new COVID-19 cases you expect from this exercise in hubris. 😫

Almost got you right? See, I'm not out to break the law. Only some hearts. 😢

If anyone kena from the Q, contract tracing would be like hell!

Edited by Fitvip

22 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I thought you’d say yours is the one that’ll show the cameltoe 🤩

Cameltoe. Abalone. Pussy. Why such weird animal associations for such an important and beautiful part? 😂

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
6 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Same for my case. Mine was the totally empty queue. 

• Haha! 1

Just now, Tianmo said:

This is strange.

Are the same polling centers having long queues both in the morning and afternoon? 

If everyone stick to their given timing, how did the queues form up? 

On one end, we are seeing long queues, on the other hand we have many who took less than 5 min to vote. So what is what, or where is where? 

Mine was 4-6pm. I started walking from my place to the polling center at 3.55pm,  4.10pm I drove off to SS already. 80% of those time taken was walking... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Mine 2pm in/out less than 2 minutes. No queue.  Officer more than voter.

• Haha! 2

SCMP already say PAP win liao. No need to vote, please go home. [laugh]

Polls will close at 10pm and sample counts providing an early indication of results may be available soon after

Consensus among analysts is that the ruling People’s Action Party will comfortably return to power. 

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/politics/article/3092567/singapore-election-will-pap-win-big-amid-covid-19-crisis

• Haha! 1

Just now, Fitvip said:

If anyone kena from the Q, contract tracing would be like hell!

Something tells me they can't do a full job. No cameras inside right? So need to trace by voting slip serials - provided the "time in" was recorded by the front desk *and* the link to NRICs is maintained. And whether that's allowed post election is a thorny issue since the ballot papers are linked to that serial number and the vote is supposed to be secret (which is why I've always said this is a shoddy, purposefully stupid system).

• Praise 1