GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

7 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

This is strange.

Are the same polling centers having long queues both in the morning and afternoon? 

If everyone stick to their given timing, how did the queues form up? 

On one end, we are seeing long queues, on the other hand we have many who took less than 5 min to vote. So what is what, or where is where? 

Mine was 4-6pm. I started walking from my place to the polling center at 3.55pm,  4.10pm I drove off to SS already. 80% of those time taken was walking... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I monitor my polling station whole day. said 60+ thruout. End up i reach there ard 4.30 for 5-7pm slot thinking this is the emptiest as those 3-5 or 4-6 will mostly cleared. By the time I finished after nearly 1.5 hrs I wasnt wrong... the queue behind me was worse

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Something tells me they can't do a full job. No cameras inside right? So need to trace by voting slip serials - provided the "time in" was recorded by the front desk *and* the link to NRICs is maintained. And whether that's allowed post election is a thorny issue since the ballot papers are linked to that serial number and the vote is supposed to be secret (which is why I've always said this is a shoddy, purposefully stupid system).

Yes, all CCTV cams need to be switched off and covered. Those documents will go with the ballot papers to the vault if not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Something tells me they can't do a full job. No cameras inside right? So need to trace by voting slip serials - provided the "time in" was recorded by the front desk *and* the link to NRICs is maintained. And whether that's allowed post election is a thorny issue since the ballot papers are linked to that serial number and the vote is supposed to be secret (which is why I've always said this is a shoddy, purposefully stupid system).

My side, a young lady just softly verified my name verbally. No nric. More humanity. 😁

No shouting of nric last previous election...make me felt like army. Scare to the shit of me.

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

Yes, all CCTV cams need to be switched off and covered. Those documents will go with the ballot papers to the vault if not mistaken.

Even *if* they had the list with the "counter times", there's another issue. At my polling station, I noticed a curious phenomenon. People were being damn obedient about distancing front and back with the yellow lines but they were happily forming two lines abreast each other with them moving at different and variable speeds! The proximity to the person to my side was lower than the ones in front and back, since there were no barriers or lines to indicate distancing. And it was a random (Poisson-like, presumably) shuffling around of "sidewise partners", so the whole thing is very difficult.

Add to that the fact that there was no strong exit queuing at my station - people were happily wandering between the queues to leave, cutting into gaps - and this behaviour was even being practised by polling station staff - and you have a very muddled situation indeed.

I bet the situation in other polling stations was at least as bad, if not worse. We're just gonna have a whole slew of "unliked" community cases, even post-GE, I don't think they will have the courage to come out and admit those were likely linked to their precious elections.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
3 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My side, a young lady just softly verified my name verbally. No nric. More humanity. 😁

No shouting of nric last previous election...make me felt like army. Scare to the shit of me.

They are suppose to shout your name and voter serial number out, never your IC number.

The reason is for both parties polling agent sitting nearby to tick your name off the electors list.

5 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Lol! Yeah, mine was "NUMBER 1234" louder than jet engine [laugh]

16 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Cameltoe. Abalone. Pussy. Why such weird animal associations for such an important and beautiful part? 😂

Maybe cos of the animal instinct in us? 😝

6 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Pretty sure they shouted mine. And there were people writing all this down at the side (wife observed this, I did not). I don't care. My vote shouts louder.

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Ya, this is unprecedented!

My children are still in the Q!

I think is due to the time slot allocations.

Some who do not stick to the scheduled timing due to other commitments may gatecrash other voters' slots. 

Mine was said so softly i dunno anyone can hear ornot 🤣

Sdp statement calling ELD not to extend voting coz some of their agents have to go off is damn stupid... u wanna deny ppl their vote just coz ur halfpast6 volunteers cmi??? Srsly??? 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Yamapi said:

Mother of all queue. Can finish by 8pm? Taken around 5.30pm

See..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Your wish comes truth....:ouch-it-hurts:

Extended till 10.00 pm... :gangs:

Have to work until 10.00pm. I started work since this morning  4.30 am... :a-m1524:

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, 13177 said:

True, some polling station is empty. Dont know who planned the distribution of voters going to which polling station? Looks like another bad handling case?

4G. Don't expect foresight. Skin maybe. 

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Pretty sure they shouted mine. And there were people writing all this down at the side (wife observed this, I did not). I don't care. My vote shouts louder.

I shouted my rank, name, NRIC, master hand, without sweaty palm and safety pin twist safety pin out!

The ocifer then passed me the polling card.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The officer never read out my nric and name le, also never ask to pull down my mask. Just check my ic and polling slip and then passed me the voting slip to me. Or maybe the officer got read out my nric and name but i was not paying much attention? 😂

1 minute ago, Count-Bracula said:

I think is due to the time slot allocations.

Some who do not stick to the scheduled timing due to other commitments may gatecrash other voters' slots. 

It's likely due to the Safety measurement of hand sanitizers and wearing gloves. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

See..... :we-all-gonna-die:

Your wish comes truth....:ouch-it-hurts:

Extended till 10.00 pm... :gangs:

Have to work until 10.00pm. I started work since this morning  4.30 am... :a-m1524:

But you can knock off at 10pm right? No need to go to counting centre?