GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

51 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

RP Leader forced to 'wfh'...under quarantine or StayHomeNotice. So i dun really blame that bloke. Imagine wfh but can still get close to 30% of votes..i think beri commendable liao. With rallies, probably can score a little higher.

Agreed. They Mia on national tv. Cardboard!

lHL really need to reflect.

Same go to people voice at JB. Law sue case pending and still able to garner 30 plus percentage. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

All these fallacious arguments made by pap about the country not ready with a non-Chinese PM surely must be put to rest now?

Low Thia Khiang handed over to a non-Chinese Sec-Gen, Pritam, and see how the voters of Aljunied reacted. More importantly, we can now see how the voters of Seng Kang reacted following Ms Khan's comments.

Why do we still need to accept racial restrictions and comments by pap in 2020, and for the PE? 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 11

2 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Maybe now is not thinking to fix opposition but think of ways to integrate and focus more energy to tackle on national and global issues together? 

i hope so too but as the saying goes a leopard never changes its spots.  And it might be difficult to change as the Leeder refuses to handover and step down

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Honestly if TCB declines I so want CSJ to take it. 

If got two then Paul too. 

But CSJ first!! Can order popcorn in bulk for 5 years liao.🍿 😂

ABFCF57E-42A3-455A-9715-FBCD489BA2E7.gif

38DDFD68-CF9E-4DDD-866C-ECC6905CF8A4.gif

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

11 minutes ago, Didu said:

So what will happen to these people's current job? Will they go away like George Yeo did?

Ng Chee Meng

Lam Pin Min

Amrin Amin

can still be grassroot advisors if they want to stay on to serve

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Internally will he still be able to garnet the support given such low winning percentage. Losing to NS a young lady with only 2 ge experiences?

Now, I think the PAP CEC has very little reason to justify him as the next PM, so to speak.

Perhaps he wasn't even considered to be the next PM right from the start, if he was, LHL would had asked him to stay at Tampines GRC and not risk him. Or, it can also be argued that because all Singaporeans know he's the next PM to be, east coast will be apprehensive about voting him out. I think HSK compounded his losses due to his East Coast Plan speech, that one really isn't confidence inspiring for the next PM to be. 

LKY once reprimanded GCT for being wooden in his speech delivery, and that is not acceptable for a PM to be. He would be turning in his grave if he heard HSK that day. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

WP should now stop being called the Opposition. They deserve to be called Alternative Government. Or even Government-In-Waiting. 

In-Waiting sounds like palace maid :grin: 

Alternative Govt is good

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

46 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Many new citizen added to the mix and in fact i see this as govt's only strategy to increase vote share quickly.

But then, if policies are shitty, new citizen also will fed-up eventually.

Fears of some naturalised citizens

So they feel the pressure when voting.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/naturalised-singaporean-businessman-to-be-stripped-of-citizenship-mha

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/life-culture/singapore-revokes-citizenship-of-football-match-fixer%3famp

Hypersonic
18 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I actually felt the above very inappropriate,  although I saw another post here who felt that it was great that Tharman recognised the effort of Ivan.

He can use another session to recognize Ivan's effort in their campaign,  but certainly not during the victory speech. 

Agreed, very inappropriate. 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Even *if* they had the list with the "counter times", there's another issue. At my polling station, I noticed a curious phenomenon. People were being damn obedient about distancing front and back with the yellow lines but they were happily forming two lines abreast each other with them moving at different and variable speeds! The proximity to the person to my side was lower than the ones in front and back, since there were no barriers or lines to indicate distancing. And it was a random (Poisson-like, presumably) shuffling around of "sidewise partners", so the whole thing is very difficult.

Add to that the fact that there was no strong exit queuing at my station - people were happily wandering between the queues to leave, cutting into gaps - and this behaviour was even being practised by polling station staff - and you have a very muddled situation indeed.

I bet the situation in other polling stations was at least as bad, if not worse. We're just gonna have a whole slew of "unliked" community cases, even post-GE, I don't think they will have the courage to come out and admit those were likely linked to their precious elections.

At my polling station, the situation was same as you described. From one Q for each polling station, the polling officers split it into two side by side. One for those who need assistance and other for normal voters. The two lines were within elbow distance. Exit passage was like leisure strollers, chitchatting away!

8 hours ago, Weez911 said:

I won't be surprised if Heng is not the next PM given his 54% popularity, or lack of. They need another person, and then after intense search, it becomes another Lee.

I really think it’s a “ploy” by PAP.

Here’s my story and view:

Heng is considered a popular guy within PAP.

so they made him the sole DPM and Singaporeans will believe he’s the next PM.

that will win some brownie points for PAP and swing less over to oppo.

now elections over Liao, mandate have liao, will PAP restore the “tradition” of having 2 DPMs? One HSK and the other, possibly CCS?

then 2 years later, LHL steps down as per his indication that he’s gonna step down when he turns 70.

and CCS or whoever is the DPM will be elevated to PM, sidelining HSK due to his underlying “health reasons”?

thats just my own view, don’t POFMA me hor.

• Praise 10

Hypersonic
26 minutes ago, Didu said:

So what will happen to these people's current job? Will they go away like George Yeo did?

Ng Chee Meng

Lam Pin Min

Amrin Amin

Jobs Fair. 🤣

• Haha! 5

(edited)

GE over ... now back to reality check .. long and tough road ahead

wishing WP best of luck and smooth transition in taking over Sengkang GRC TC ... 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

1 minute ago, Fitvip said:

At my polling station, the situation was same as you described. From one Q for each polling station, the polling officers split it into two side by side. One for those who need assistance and other for normal voters. The two lines were within elbow distance. Exit passage was like leisure strollers, chitchatting away!

Now GE is over. Back to reality that we're still in the middle of a pandemic. 

The shit show of this election planning and the execution of measures against infections on the ground might come back to bite us, if we're unlucky. 

Those older folks queuing up closely together for long periods of time is especially worrying. If we start a new cluster among this group of vulnerable citizens, PAP is going to have blood on their hands. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
29 minutes ago, Didu said:

Ng Chee Meng

Lam Pin Min

Amrin Amin

LP is a doctor I think. So go back see patients. NCM - Ah Gong can arrange cushy job at TLC lor.... 

Who's Amrin? 

Edited by Volvobrick

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Honestly if TCB declines I so want CSJ to take it. 

If got two then Paul too. 

But CSJ first!! Can order popcorn in bulk for 5 years liao.🍿 😂

Fat hope bro, fat hope.

TCB will send 1 PSP in, otherwise field 24 and get nothing is ultimate xia suay hor...

WP will take the NCMP, although they  KPKB about NCMP, but same as TCB, end of the day they will take. 

So no need to hope anything for SDP liao....-_-

• Sad 2
  • Haha! 2

15 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Pretty sure they shouted mine. And there were people writing all this down at the side (wife observed this, I did not). I don't care. My vote shouts louder.

In my case, the officer read out my number as if she was telling me that was number allocated to me, not shouting.