GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

2 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I really think it’s a “ploy” by PAP.

Here’s my story and view:

Heng is considered a popular guy within PAP.

so they made him the sole DPM and Singaporeans will believe he’s the next PM.

that will win some brownie points for PAP and swing less over to oppo.

now elections over Liao, mandate have liao, will PAP restore the “tradition” of having 2 DPMs? One HSK and the other, possibly CCS?

then 2 years later, LHL steps down as per his indication that he’s gonna step down when he turns 70.

and CCS or whoever is the DPM will be elevated to PM, sidelining HSK due to his underlying “health reasons”?

thats just my own view, don’t POFMA me hor.

Looking at the slate bro,

I don’t think any of the current 4G has the calibre we have come to expect from a PAP TOP dog.

It probably has to do with squandering 20years of not planning for a successor.

If he had the guts to call a by-election, eg. in Sembawang or West Coast when Ong Ye Kung lost in Aljunied, things might have been different

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

I really think it’s a “ploy” by PAP.

Here’s my story and view:

Heng is considered a popular guy within PAP.

so they made him the sole DPM and Singaporeans will believe he’s the next PM.

that will win some brownie points for PAP and swing less over to oppo.

now elections over Liao, mandate have liao, will PAP restore the “tradition” of having 2 DPMs? One HSK and the other, possibly CCS?

then 2 years later, LHL steps down as per his indication that he’s gonna step down when he turns 70.

and CCS or whoever is the DPM will be elevated to PM, sidelining HSK due to his underlying “health reasons”?

thats just my own view, don’t POFMA me hor.

Might very well be true.

I think CCS is LHL's preferred candidate to be the next seat warmer, but CCS's reputation sucked even among his colleagues (else why so many internal audio leaks against him?). HSK has more rapport within the PAP, so LHL had to put him up to quell the internal dissent. 

No need scare POFMA, because the above is purely my own conjecture, and is not an allegation which is of defamatory nature. 😁

• Praise 5

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Now GE is over. Back to reality that we're still in the middle of a pandemic. 

The shit show of this election planning and the execution of measures against infections on the ground might come back to bite us, if we're unlucky. 

Those older folks queuing up closely together for long periods of time is especially worrying. If we start a new cluster among this group of vulnerable citizens, PAP is going to have blood on their hands. 

We have to wait for the test results for the next one to two weeks to see the actual effect of the mismanagement.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Daniu82 said:

So now the 2 best losers are WC team and EC team. If they take up the NCMP seats, who would u all like to see in the parliament? EC team must be NS lor. WC team leh? 

The 2 coasts but I thought WC team has the better result? So 2 will come from PSP?

(edited)

Woke up to clear blue sky with white clouds.

Kudos to a more progressive Singapore.

The long term trend of moving away from single party politics continues intact, 2015 was an aberration (LKY effect), and voters can see through the dirty politics behind ATHC and AIM. Importantly, younger Singaporeans want check and balance and diversity of view. WP read the ground correctly (I am glad to be wrong).

Some points to share:

a.  Tharman and TPL are freaking popular. It shows MP who have a good heart and work the ground will be recognized.

b. TCB is very well liked by the WC electorate (28% swing). He can potentially be next President.

c. CSJ is being "rehabilitated" and can win a seat in the future.

d.  SMC are strong PAP strongholds, don't be tricked. Play your own game and focus your best team in 1-2 GRCs.  WP knows how to fight the fight. Hopefully this will help to dismantle the undemocratic GRC system in due course.

e.  There is work to be done towards a more balanced parliament and a no black cheque future as 2/3 majority remains. This country belongs to all of us and not to any one party. 

GE is over, vote taken and counted. Let's close rank and be united as 1 people.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 14

4 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

In my case, the officer read out my number as if she was telling me that was number allocated to me, not shouting.

OK lah not really shouting in my case. Just audible. 😁

Asked me pull down mask also.

As someone else said, in some places no reading out, no unmasking.

• Praise 2

22 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

In-Waiting sounds like palace maid :grin: 

Alternative Govt is good

Voice of conscience more like it

13 hours ago, Tohto said:

This election we will missed Yam Ah Mee.  Hahaha

This was his last. 2015 GE RO was a different person.

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

OK lah not really shouting in my case. Just audible. 😁

Asked me pull down mask also.

As someone else said, in some places no reading out, no unmasking.

Lucky not pull down other thing😂😂

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
11 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

LP is a doctor I think. So go back see patients. NCM - Ah Gong can arrange cushy job at TLC lor.... 

Who's Amrin? 

Amrin Amin is Senior Parliamentary Secretary for Health and Home Affairs

amrin_amin_020320.jpg?itok=vvWDjfjE

51 minutes ago, Cheesey74 said:

Finally my vote matter... am proud to be a SKers.

Proud to have you. Sengkies are the best Singkies! 😂👍🏼

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

1 minute ago, RadX said:

Lucky I not Sikh... 

Otherwise I would have a Bayee Erection. 😂😂😂

• Haha! 3

12 hours ago, Count-Bracula said:

Ai piah jiah eeh yarh

sarh hun tih zu diar, chit hun kor pah piah...Ai piah jiah eeh yarh

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Many new citizen added to the mix and in fact i see this as govt's only strategy to increase vote share quickly.

But then, if policies are shitty, new citizen also will fed-up eventually.

Yes.. those long enough, especially the first and second generation new citizens will start to 'enjoy' what local born and bred are going through. We are already seeing some driving Grab. They might well be PMET initially. They lan lan can't pack up and go home cos they have given up their old country.

This will turn against the whites and blow up in their faces eventually. One day might well be a catastrophic loss for the Party.

Hope to see that one day if they are still behaving like the current mediocre yet arrogant bunch

8 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Shit.. Official west coast grc goes to PAP.. 

Look like next ge.. Likely no Tcb as he will be at age 85.. Don't know how they are going to go fowared.. 

Can do a TDM...health wise first...then kee chiu yet again...huge swing at WC we see this time round

5 minutes ago, RadX said:

Same though was fleeting thru my mind when reading "pull down"...🤣🤣

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

Sure there will be fight. Be it dirty or righteous kind. I am sure worker party will fight till the end. Jia you!

AIM strikes back?😱

Financial records not available etc.. you go figure out yourself.. we all work.. if you quit,  there are ways to make things as impossible as for the new guy...

↡ Advertisement
  • Angry 2