GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Can't Heng just step down? Is he so passionate to serve? Already kenna stroke still take on such stressful job. What does he have to/need to /want to prove?

No one walks away from a 2.2m a year (11m over 5 years) job leh. It's all about the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Maybe if he heng his wife can be head of temasek. That one is THE real jackpot. I will do anything, absolutely anything, if my wife can be the head of temasek.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 8

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

WP has been waiting for this day lor.  Have you seen WP working with any other opposition parties? 

This move will just kill off all other opposition parties.  Any talents who are interested to make any changes will go to WP,  other parties will find it hard to attract new blood from now on.  

As for PSP,  it is just a TCB sole proprietorship. Without TCB,  PSP is nothing,  and without TCB, LHY will not be backing PSP, unless he takes over the leadership. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

There is one more person beside LHY.

LWL!

If she and LHY both assume leadership at PSP. It will 3 corners fights on equal platform.

She did said not interested in politics though. But we never know.

Turbocharged
14 hours ago, Macrosszero said:

In retrospect, the $93b was only good for damage control because people's memory are getting better, remembering that when they got a drumstick for free, they lost a chicken.

U will be glad if its only a chicken. I fear its the whole farm.... 

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Sturtles said:

During BMT and all the passing out parades, we were made to swear to defend "The President, and the Constitution of Singapore"

Back then, I thought it was a simple, honest set of rules that dictate what Singapore is defined as.

Wouldn't it be a mouthful of words, if we had to recite the constitution with this 

"19B.—(1)  An election for the office of President is reserved for a community if no person belonging to that community has held the office of President for any of the 5 most recent terms of office of the President.

(2)  A person is qualified to be elected as President —

(a)in an election reserved for one community under clause (1), only if the person belongs to the community for which the election is reserved and satisfies the requirements in Article 19;

(b)in an election reserved for 2 communities under clause (1) —

(i)only if the person satisfies the requirements in Article 19 and belongs to the community from which a person has not held the office of President for the greater number of consecutive terms of office immediately before the election; or

(ii)if no person qualifies under sub-paragraph (i), only if the person satisfies the requirements in Article 19 and belongs to the other community for which the election is reserved; and

(c)in an election reserved for all 3 communities under clause (1) —

(i)only if the person satisfies the requirements in Article 19 and belongs to the community from which a person has not held the office of President for the greatest number of consecutive terms of office immediately before the election;

(ii)if no person qualifies under sub-paragraph (i), only if the person satisfies the requirements in Article 19 and belongs to the community from which a person has not held the office of President for the next greatest number of consecutive terms of office immediately before the election; or

(iii)if no person qualifies under sub-paragraph (i) or (ii), only if the person satisfies the requirements in Article 19 and belongs to the remaining community.

(3)  For the purposes of this Article, a person who exercises the functions of the President under Article 22N or 22O is not considered to have held the office of President.

(4)  The Legislature may, by law —

(a)provide for the establishment of one or more committees to decide, for the purposes of this Article, whether a person belongs to the Chinese community, the Malay community or the Indian or other minority communities;

(b)prescribe the procedure by which a committee under paragraph (a) decides whether a person belongs to a community;

(c)provide for the dispensation of the requirement that a person must belong to a community in order to qualify to be elected as President if, in a reserved election, no person who qualifies to be elected as President under clause (2)(a), (b) or (c) (as the case may be) is nominated as a candidate for election as President; and

(d)make such provisions the Legislature considers necessary or expedient to give effect to this Article.

(5)  No provision of any law made pursuant to this Article is invalid on the ground of inconsistency with Article 12 or is considered to be a differentiating measure under Article 78.

(6)  In this Article —“community” means —

(a)the Chinese community;

(b)the Malay community; or

(c)the Indian or other minority communities;

“person belonging to the Chinese community” means any person who considers himself to be a member of the Chinese community and who is generally accepted as a member of the Chinese community by that community;

“person belonging to the Malay community” means any person, whether of the Malay race or otherwise, who considers himself to be a member of the Malay community and who is generally accepted as a member of the Malay community by that community;

“person belonging to the Indian or other minority communities” means any person of Indian origin who considers himself to be a member of the Indian community and who is generally accepted as a member of the Indian community by that community, or any person who belongs to any minority community other than the Malay or Indian community;

“term of office” includes an uncompleted term of office."

Technically, we can have a whole chain of chinese president, if there is a chinese muslim, chinese hindu, because there are backdoor provisions within, which imo does not even make sense to satisfy the tribal need for racial representation.

Very racist, very very racist... 

Given the shifting goalposts and convoluted requirements to be meet, it might as well be changed to C-suite managing 300B, while allowing a house speaker to waltz in. They should just eliminate private sector participation entirely.

This presidential requirement thing is becoming a nonsensical farce, that flies in the face of human decency

C suite managing 300 billion? Wah I'm not ready for Ho Ching to become President man.

• Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Can't Heng just step down? Is he so passionate to serve? Already kenna stroke still take on such stressful job. What does he have to/need to /want to prove?

Give him some slack la.. he really could have retired. I don't doubt his intentions are fundamentally good. Just he isn't a natural born leader in lky, obama... even trump ... when it comes to charisma and personality. 

But worse... if not him now, then who???

CCS is not a better choice is he.?

Singapore now needs hsk to hold the fort  more than he needs to be in politics. 

If want to blame,  blame lhl... he screwed up the renewal by delaying until gct kpkb.

He poisoned the atmosphere until he couldn't really find anyone to join.. it's like relatives, civil service, and saf... 😑

Who would want to give up a good career and try to bring new ideas to the PAP?

CSM, jamus and several opposition candidates did for their parties.. can't say the same for pap.

Considering its likely 5 more GE than 5 more years before a full alternative govt can be in place. We ironically cannot afford pap to continue the long slide down.

I personally think Singapore is already in the beginnings of a political crisis. 

Hope I'm wrong...

• Praise 3

Supersonic
53 minutes ago, Solar said:

NS short and to the point. Nice and sweet.

Not like HSK lo li lo soh talk so much knowing very well he fumbles his speeches. Die die must follow the typical textbook style. It's a pain listening to be honest. 

Those from pap must follow and complete reading the script that have been prepared for them. So must reading every words lo. 🙄

• Haha! 1

For WP renewal looks likely to be NS and up n. Coming cockles boy

Provided they play the cards right

• Praise 4

Supersonic
39 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

No one walks away from a 2.2m a year (11m over 5 years) job leh. It's all about the money $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Maybe if he heng his wife can be head of temasek. That one is THE real jackpot. I will do anything, absolutely anything, if my wife can be the head of temasek.

But he no scare since he has kena stroke before. If for me i dont think i want to work in such a stress job, cause dont know to get 2nd time stroke. Money is not everything in this world la.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

Ivy Singh-Lim qualify or not first? 

She runs a farm,  and management of hundred of thousands of trees,  plants and grass no count hor.... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

.......... AND when she throws her load of expletives.......any man also will run away far far from this "Amazonian" brandishing a knife     

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

https://www.ourclassnotes.com/post/face-off-in-aljunied-hougang

Spend some time to read this guys. Very good read.

See how farking PAP and Victor Lye played around in Aljunied GRC.

One big bang and WP might be overwhelmed.

Gradual takeover might be good for WP, looking at how these people play dirty.. looking forward towards more GRC and SMC under WP! 🪒💪

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Kopites said:

The key problem with CPF for 'investment' is HDB. The inflated HDB prices that suck your life saving away. As a leasee, you are paying your life away in these expensive HBD flats with nothing left for retirement. 

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
11 minutes ago, RadX said:

For WP renewal looks likely to be NS and up n. Coming cockles boy

Provided they play the cards right

Saw the WP thank-you entourage this morning at Rivervale Plaza. He's really popular with the folks 👍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4