GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Picnic06-Biante15

25 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Yesterday I saw someone shared on Facebook that the security guard post at Ng chee meng house is going to be taken away and ask if anybody want this guard post.. So not just pm, DPM.. Even ministers also have security guard post to protect them hor.. 

What about Namly one? 

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
31 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ge2020-sengkang-grc-alarm-bells-rang-when-residents-were-bit-hostile-towards-paps-team#gsc.tab=0

One of the early signs that not all may be well came midway in the campaign.

Clad in white, Mr Ng Chee Meng and Mr Amrin Amin went around Sengkang Central, waving and introducing themselves. Usually, residents obliged with a smile or a nod, even if hesitantly.

But there were some who gave the two People's Action Party (PAP) candidates the cold shoulder, to the point of being outright unfriendly.

"I could tell from their interactions, from their body language, that they were a bit hostile," said a party volunteer on residents that the candidates had approached.

It's not about the individual. 

If the party is good, people still give face to the logo even if u don't know the person.

• Praise 4

Twincharged
2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

What about Namly one? 

Only show picture, never say location. From that picture, I don't know where it is.. 

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Staff69 said:

If you run for 2025 elections,  I fully support you 

I help out is good enough.. i'm no calibre.. and sometimes surf ahem websites.. later tio dig out everyone jialat 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

17 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Searching since 2011 till now. As I said, they are ghouls, where got soul?

I’m sure they will never change one la. The only way is when there’s 1/3 of seats taken by opposition.

5875656D-5041-470A-A0BD-E12342A0BB2C.jpeg

It took them 9 years and yet they still cannot find the soul! Give them the most powerful search lights!😎

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 10

Twincharged
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Jellandross said:

One of the root causes could be the lower eunuchs not giving accurate ground reports back to the new PAP candidates. Sir don't worry.. sengkang ground is sweet sweet confirm jiak this time. Errr....

They failed to factor in during 2015 GE pasir ris punggol grc and amk grc conrestent is not wp, they are a lot weaker party. So that plays a part to portray pap have high vote count in these areas later being carved out to sengkang grc. If they factor in opposition party popularity. Then perhaps need to - off about 15% point off for pap vote if wp come in to contest. That will be more of a true reflection. 

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Singapore government in denial

12 July 2020

Author: Michael Barr, Flinders University...

Tan Cheng Bock has also declared that he will be back for another round in five years’ time — keeping alive his fledgling party, which nearly defeated two ministers on the West Coast.

Maybe he's going to be modern day Singapore's 姜子牙. Getting to serve when he became super old. 💪

29 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Seems like Amrin Amin is a victim of PAP system, sending him to SK. I read many glowing reviews about him. Oh well..

We are voting for both estate managers AND the govt.

Maybe it's me, but when I see the pap logo, I also think of the arrogant faces of pinky, K Shan, Grace Ful, CCS, Teo CH, LW, etc. I can't vote for these people with such faces. I'm sure there are holy angels in the pap, but collectively, it's a NO for me because they are one entity.

And this same Amrin is also part of the MP group that voted for the silly pofma law and ridiculous racial presidential election, and part of the same team that bungled the covid management. He live by the sword, die by it.

• Praise 9

16 hours ago, Yewheng said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ge2020-sengkang-grc-alarm-bells-rang-when-residents-were-bit-hostile-towards-paps-team?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social-media&utm_campaign=addtoany

Screenshot_20200712_172503.thumb.jpg.03d4e05d81cf44e2abd497e48f9ea38f.jpg

Screenshot_20200712_172525.thumb.jpg.93565e5f2a25434cb6f5da5df2cf0d6f.jpg

Wow.. From 72.89% in sengkang Central area drop to did not do well in ballet box (never say how many %).. So can assume did not do well means below 50% vote. That's a sharp drop in vote count in a span of 5 years. Many people over at sengkang Central voted pap in 2015 is because of Teo chee hean in Paris ris punggol grc that time? Plus the pmd issue further reduce the drop count till below 50% this time round? 

Dirty tactics were used to snatch Punggol East SMC from Lee LiLian. In less than 5 years, they paid back with a GRC! Not a bad deal, I think.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 4

Supercharged

Now everything is settled, I am waiting for the ministerial posts to be assigned and who will be the NCMPs. Did anybody noticed that we have 3 MPs whose surname is Gan in the parliament now? 

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Taken from Facebook. Seems to be from WeChat.

4A3189ED-4D19-4DCA-BDF1-039FDB7B1E27.jpeg

I believe these new citizens will get to 'enjoy' the crap we are experiencing in the years to come, more new imports, less jobs and so on.

If fact, there are already foreigner looking Grab drivers right? I don't think they applied to be one when they migrated here, most probably pmet.

Heard that the TCS lady 权宜凤is leaving SG for 'new experience'?

In my opinion, this is going to blow up in their faces big time by the next GE.

• Praise 3

20 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

What about Namly one? 

By right this one should have been gone long ago as he had ceased to be an office bearer!?

35 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Depends also lo. You see residents were like so supportive to TCB during the campaign, but final result also no tally le? Lol.

Wait another 5 years. Lol.

The old folks will pass on, and more youngsters will be able to vote in West Coast. I think WC will fall in 2025. Lol.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

51 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Think now pap still can do his way of grassroots. However if say opposition party occupy say 2 or 3 more grc.. Then it would not be cost effective for pap to maintain status quo for grassroots as a lot of double jobs.. This is no good for singapore. Need to reduce a lot of double jobs as much as possible.. All are taxpayers money. 

Does it matter to MIW?

49 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Yesterday I saw someone shared on Facebook that the security guard post at Ng chee meng house is going to be taken away and ask if anybody want this guard post.. So not just pm, DPM.. Even ministers also have security guard post to protect them hor.. 

GCT is retired PM ho.

TSL not well liked here...anyone who like to blow trumpet not well like one

kpt saying has it - if you’re good, no need to tell people that you’re good. People will know if you’re really good or really no good.

coincidently, the rubbish chute on my level never a single issue...it’s spoiled today. Let’s see...

• Praise 2

54 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Because he knows you are more sensible and logical, wont call him IB just because of a different in view points.....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Whoever diu him will be labelled as IB.

That's including me.

• Haha! 2

Why are ppl still making so much noise now? 

Everyone sld be happy if PAP decides to push forward with whatever policies they have. Let them do what they like, and all we have to do is tahan another 5 years. The more they are in their own world, the harder they need to fight the next GE, and the easier it will be for WP to gain more ground.

Why do you want them to wake up when you want changes? 

Easy to see, easy to tell. Ppl still not ready for a new gov or whatever dual party or democracy they have been singing lah. All ppl here wants is for an opposition to stir some shit so that the gov will not be so hard ball. 

If the PAP gov wakes up, and starts to goestan, then the game will have to restart again. Why wants them to wake up? Let them sleep lah. 

So much talk about for the good of our young ones? Then we the old guys will have to take the heat. Let it come to us, so that WP can gain grounds and do good for our young ones...

口是心非!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 4