GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

I think he will only support, he will not run for a seat as he'd mentioned.

Then back to the same question - who can lead PSP if there isn't TCB?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I think the viewership numbers should be available to PAP via IMDA so you can't say they don't know. With Covid, I am even sure these numbers are sky high for the year.

If the numbers were "sky high" commercial advertisers would still put ads there. Almost all ads u see now are govt psa that even make the channel worse to watch

(edited)
1 minute ago, yishunite said:

If the numbers were "sky high" commercial advertisers would still put ads there. Almost all ads u see now are govt psa that even make the channel worse to watch

I said it is sky high due to Covid. CB period advertise for what? Who will buy when stores are closed?

What kind of govt psa is available on there? I don't watch it.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle

3 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Your chinese must be good!

For their live reporting, they don't use chim chim Chinese.

The only thing that is difficult is politician name in Chinese.

1 minute ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I said it is sky high due to Covid. CB period advertise for what? Who will buy when stores are closed?

Even b4 covid the ratio of govt psa to commercial ads buay tahan

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For their live reporting, they don't use chim chim Chinese.

The only thing that is difficult is politician name in Chinese.

I will try it someday - my chinese standard is worse than that of charles yeo. Maybe I can improve it.

8 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Your chinese must be good!

PSP has a chance to prove themselves via the 2 NCMP they can send into parly though. If TCB doesn't die in the next 5 years, they still have a chance to take WC. If TCB dies before the next GE then indeed, PSP dies with him.

TCB already said he wont take up NCMP, Leong Mun Wai also said he wont take up NCMP before the election, their choice very limited. If the 2 NCMP dont perform, thats the end, no need waste time..

If PSP walk the talk about the issue on NCMP, then they sld just give up the posts, but  that will kill them even faster....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

TCB already said he wont take up NCMP, Leong Mun Wai also said he wont take up NCMP before the election, their choice very limited. If the 2 NCMP dont perform, thats the end, no need waste time..

If PSP walk the talk about the issue on NCMP, then they sld just give up the posts, but  that will kill them even faster....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Actually Mun Wai didn't say he die die will not take it up - what he said was that he doesn't want it but will listen to TCB. TCB says he himself won't take it up but will not stop his team from taking it up.

“I will not want the NCMP seat. But I will refer to Dr Tan’s judgement and because he’s our mentor, everything we refer to Dr Tan.” https://sg.news.yahoo.com/ge-2020-ps-ps-leong-mun-wai-will-reject-ncmp-seat-if-offered-proposes-proportional-representation-063933854.html

The highlighted part says all there is to know about PSP.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle

7 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

By default, the second and third in command should take over, while they source for younger people.  Can't expect every leader to be like TCB with vast experiences. Sometimes the person can be found within the ranks, sometimes outside.

PSP being a one-year-old party, it is hard to find people with good political experience. So they have to learn and work fast. 

1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

It took them 9 years and yet they still cannot find the soulGive them the most powerful search lights!😎

Not only that, but their vote shares dropped so much despite calling an election in the middle of Covid pandemic and a blockbuster recession.

I reckon the combination of Covid and recession is at least worth 3-5%, ie, apply 3-5% to oppo and deduct 3-5% from PAP, and you will get a clearer picture of their true result sans the flight to safety effect.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
24 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

George Yeo

• Haha! 5

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fitvip said:

It took them 9 years and yet they still cannot find the soul! Give them the most powerful search lights!😎

The search for soul already turned up an error - No Soul Found

So continue sucking blood lor...

• Haha! 5

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Solar said:

Bro u should know the TV is very very kelong one. This morning on CNA they showed so many pap mp thanking residents, take selfie and wefie. None shown from the others.

For WP they only showed clips of their walkabout during their campaigning giving out leaflets.

I was at Rivervale Plaza yesterday.. The WP team was there, and there was a huge crowd supporting them as well.

Honestly, they have not learnt their lesson of not playing dirty. 

PA acts as the grassroots arm of PAP,

ST and Mediacock is their media department

what you expect?

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Weez911 said:

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/ge2020-sengkang-grc-alarm-bells-rang-when-residents-were-bit-hostile-towards-paps-team#gsc.tab=0

One of the early signs that not all may be well came midway in the campaign.

Clad in white, Mr Ng Chee Meng and Mr Amrin Amin went around Sengkang Central, waving and introducing themselves. Usually, residents obliged with a smile or a nod, even if hesitantly.

But there were some who gave the two People's Action Party (PAP) candidates the cold shoulder, to the point of being outright unfriendly.

"I could tell from their interactions, from their body language, that they were a bit hostile," said a party volunteer on residents that the candidates had approached.

My takeaway is this...

This GE, got crisis that favours incumbent, + got Jerry Menders, got media support, got PA, got NTUC,  got RCs, even got GRAs for oppo wards.... and only during campaigning found out got problem? 

Sometimes I wonder if with so many advantages and controllables they could not nail it, how are they faring outside Sg negotiating FTAs, Cecas and suzhous with even more hostile parties with little control on our side. Groupthink and circlejerk might not be good for our survival. 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

4 hours ago, Playtime said:

Uncle one meter 一下。。。🤣🤣🤣

Sign of the times in the age of Corona. 

Take away her blue colour uniform. Don't this video make one mistaken the queue is for some celebrity or sort?

That was the miscalculation of pap. Jamus at SK and NS at east coast the "pulling power".

7 minutes ago, Karoon said:

My takeaway is this...

This GE, got crisis that favours incumbent, + got Jerry Menders, got media support, got PA, got NTUC,  got RCs, even got GRAs for oppo wards.... and only during campaigning found out got problem? 

Sometimes I wonder if with so many advantages and controllables they could not nail it, how are they faring outside Sg negotiating FTAs, Cecas and suzhous with even more hostile parties with little control on our side. Groupthink and circlejerk might not be good for our survival. 

I think it might be because they didn't give enough money this time around. All that talk about 100 bil being spent but many only received $600.

• Haha! 1

Wa fast hand fast leg our constitution may be changed again...

https://www.straitstimes.com/forum/forum-time-to-review-grc-system

Forum: Time to review GRC system

The merits and trade-offs of the group representation constituency (GRC) system have been debated in Parliament and on social media.

However, this election has accentuated a particular trade-off of GRCs - they create additional dilemmas for voters.

For example, many Singaporeans might have had reservations about Workers' Party (WP) candidate Raeesah Khan because of some of her Facebook posts. However, her other teammates from WP's Sengkang team, in particular economist Jamus Lim, are well liked by many voters in Sengkang.

With the GRC system, voters had to decide whether to vote the entire team into Parliament or not. There was no third option.

The GRC system was set up in 1988 to ensure minority representation in Parliament.

However, as an electorate matures, a candidate's race may no longer be a strong influence in a voter's choice.

Perhaps it is time to review the GRC system.

Ang Keng Kiat

• Angry 1
  • Haha! 2

I am guessing there will be another 5 years of David Copperfield disappearing act and stealth support for door to door visit or till another by election happens

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3