GE2020: Singapore General Election - 10 July 2020

Maxus-MIFA9

6 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I didn't see this Ang Keng Kiat post about racial PE just less than 3 years ago. So, he was ok with a racial PE and not a GRC system to represent minorities in less than 3 years?

Or 158 selectively chose what to publish? What's the choosing criteria by 158?

It could either be the hardest job in the world as a 158 editor, or the easiest....

Hmmm...

My question to ST is simple. Is Ang Keng Kiat another phantom just like Ashley Wu?

Ashley Wu will say everything is good with the public transport system, despite trains having faults up, down, left right and centre. 😁

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

15 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

when in favour, GRC is the best option

when not in favour, GRC has flawsssssssssss

based on the forum opinion, GRC allow WP not so perfect candidate enter parliament 

the same thing goes to P*P .... isn't it? if put 4 lousy candidates with 1 Tharman ... the whole team will still go in?

Brilliant post.

Every once in a while, I need to go back to my online dictionary to confirm if there is any changes made to the word "Meritocracy". I was always confused by our govt and 158.

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

It is not the content.

Rather proficiency of readers.

ST has substantially larger reader than ZB/WB/SM.

There are always good article there.  If i post here also no use, boh lang read it.

That's true. I can't read chinese beyond pri 6 standard and google translate wouldn't do the articles justice.

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

My question to ST is simple. Is Ang Keng Kiat another phantom just like Ashley Wu?

Ashley Wu will say everything is good with the public transport system, despite trains having faults up, down, left right and centre. 😁

Googled him and the only relevant hit I got was some HOD (teacher) at a sec school. Not saying he is the one who wrote in tho.

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Because of shrinking Chinese readers.

A lot of times, younger gen Singaporean ignore Chinese Media.

A lot of Chinese readers are pro-PAP?

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Take away her blue colour uniform. Don't this video make one mistaken the queue is for some celebrity or sort?

That was the miscalculation of pap. Jamus at SK and NS at east coast the "pulling power".

Like..the小鲜肉&小仙女effect? Pap mostly ah zek and ah soh 😂

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
6 minutes ago, Solar said:

Like..the小鲜肉&小仙女effect? Pap mostly ah zek and ah soh 😂

Got some MILF la and a 白发魔女。

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
51 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

An astute observation, and a convincing argument all at the same time. That's why they had been slaughtered outside of SG, in projects where it is needed to matter the most.  

Largest foreign direct investor in India as of today, but DBS, SIA & Singtel losing tons of $$$ as we speak. 

My most sincere hope.. Is for them to immediately review CECA for it's costs and benefits over the past 15 years, and on the foreigner PMET already here.

Do a clean up. Tear off the contact if shown to be useless.

I'm sure the loss of good PMET jobs is one of the factors pap lose their votes. 

• Praise 9

1 minute ago, Solar said:

My most sincere hope.. Is for them to immediately review CECA for it's costs and benefits over the past 15 years, and on the foreigner PMET already here.

Do a clean up. Tear off the contact if shown to be useless.

I'm sure the loss of good PMET jobs is one of the factors pap lose their votes. 

That will also depend on whether there is a cancellation clause in the contract and if there are penalties involved.

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I'm daring the PAP to remove the GRC system and PA as grassroots advisers/leaders in all opposition wards. 

Talk about fairness mah...😁

Can also include funding of PA using our tax money?

If funding using our tax money, than it should be used for citizen regardless of the party that is the MP. 

• Praise 7

Singapore GE2020: Opposition leader post a very significant move, says ESM Goh

In a Facebook post yesterday, Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong called it a "very significant move" by PM Lee - one that acknowledges voters' desire for more opposition MPs in Parliament.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/opposition-leader-post-a-very-significant-move-says-esm-goh

Re LOTO ...

Détente between PAP and WP and an evolution of our political landscape ?

Hmmm ...

2 hours ago, Tianmo said:

TCB already said he wont take up NCMP, Leong Mun Wai also said he wont take up NCMP before the election, their choice very limited. If the 2 NCMP dont perform, thats the end, no need waste time..

If PSP walk the talk about the issue on NCMP, then they sld just give up the posts, but  that will kill them even faster....[laugh][laugh][laugh]

If PSP declines and WP team at EC also declines which is a possibility since they already have 10 MPs, the next 2 in line would be Paul T and Chee from SDP. Fireworks in Parliament from Chee for sure😃

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Singapore GE2020: Opposition leader post a very significant move, says ESM Goh

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/opposition-leader-post-a-very-significant-move-says-esm-goh

Re LOTO ...

Détente between PAP and WP and an evolution of our political landscape ?

Hmmm ...

It's not an empty post if Pritam Singh will be given "appropriate staff support and resources". But I have doubts it will be anything good coming from someone who will be busy "fixing the opposition".

PM did say they will come back stronger to retake all the wards they had lost. That one I believe they will do.

• Praise 8

21 minutes ago, Spring said:

If PSP declines and WP team at EC also declines which is a possibility since they already have 10 MPs, the next 2 in line would be Paul T and Chee from SDP. Fireworks in Parliament from Chee for sure😃

Unlikely WP will reject.
It gives NS necessary exposure without burden of running TC.

• Praise 4

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Spring said:

Chances very slim lor.  In fact as far as I am concern,  SDP has come to a dead end. 

PSP will take up the NCMP,  as much as they are so against it,  they will not give it up.  That's the only way for them to make some noise , otherwise,  they came like a tiger but leave as a kitty,  is very sia suay one. They will come out with all kind of reasons/ excuses to send 2 in.  Paid to make noise,  which idiot will forgo such ho kang... 

As for WP,  they want as many voices they can supply in there as possible.  No such thing as I have 10 full pails liao I don't want 2 half pails.  How many come also I take. Let the half pails go make more noise,  hopefully,  can convert into full pails next GE...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

All these talks of don't want take up NCMP all smoke only lah,  just forcing voters  to the corner.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

14 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Chances very slim lor.  In fact as far as I am concern,  SDP has come to a dead end. 

PSP will take up the NCMP,  as much as they are so against it,  they will not give it up.  That's the only way for them to make some noise , otherwise,  they came like a tiger but leave as a kitty,  is very sia suay one. They will come out with all kind of reasons/ excuses to send 2 in.  Paid to make noise,  which idiot will forgo such ho kang... 

As for WP,  they want as many voices they can supply in there as possible.  So such thing as I have 10 full pails liao I don't want 2 half pails.  How many come also I take. Let the half pails go make more noise,  hopefully,  can convert into full pails next GE...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

All these talks of don't want take up NCMP all smoke only lah,  just forcing voters  to the corner.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Agree on your many points.

SDP carrying CSJ baggage is gone case. Can't take a seat in this GE when there was a reasonable swing towards the Opposition doesn't bode well for them.

Making noise of not wanting a NCMP seat is understandable before and during GE hustings but now GE is over, I do expect PSP to grab with both hands if anything, at least for exposure and experience for their WC team members.

WP might also let their EC losing team be NCMP if PSP declines for whatever reason, this was how Leon, Gerald n Dennis came into prominence so I'm sure they will grab that seat if given.

• Praise 4

(edited)
25 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

It's not an empty post if Pritam Singh will be given "appropriate staff support and resources". But I have doubts it will be anything good coming from someone who will be busy "fixing the opposition".

PM did say they will come back stronger to retake all the wards they had lost. That one I believe they will do.

"staff support". Will Singh dare to take it? How can he be sure the staff working for him is not secretly reporting back?

And how many civil servant will dare take the position? Not scared to lose out on promotion if he does too well? 

My take is that if the support isn't monetary then it is an empty gesture.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1