6 Mods That Are A Waste Of Money For A Daily Driver

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

In this video who is brought to you by SMEEDIA, he is sharing with us these six different mods that are a waste of money for your daily driver. You may mod your cars as he does but sometimes that money can be better spent on other aspects of the car. Keep in mind that these are his opinions and if you disagree or agree with anything on the list drop it in the comments and let's talk about it! However; over the past 10 years of playing with cars, these are all areas that are wasteful! These are his perspective and I do agree with him that is why I am sharing this. So let's get it starto!!!!!

1) quick release steering wheel.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474222197e8534a493b7

You lose your airbag when you change away from the OEM steering wheel, some of the control buttons that you can navigate your infotainment and car info. The reason why race driver will opt for a quick-release steering wheel is that they have roll cage all over the car, which makes it difficult to get inside the car. It is to create more space for the driver to get it. Functionality over form..

2) Fixed back seat and harness.

s-l1000.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Okay. It sure looks sporty. But these things ain't gonna give your comfort. they are rigid. You can't adjust the seat you are "clamp" in a tight space because this is what a sports bucket seat suppose to do. Image if you are going for a road trip having to drive for like 2 hours long and you are stuck in these seats. I am sure it will make you aching like hell.

3) High flow panel filter

th?id=OIP.e0gOXxQO46Gbu144XK1sNwHaHa%26p

His reason for the filter is because the price is marked up compared to paper filter and the horsepower gain is minimum. But! I have to disagree on this part. I think it is a worth it modification if you are an enthusiast and you are willing to do some maintenance for your car. As the high flow panel filter can perhaps last you a lifetime with proper maintenance, I am sure you can save some money by first investing in it. But make sure it is clean and oiled every time it goes for servicing. Ponypower wise, I think it makes no diff. And I am not a fan of open intake. It changes to characteristics of the car a bit. So I am in for high panel filter.

4) Turbo timer

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Unless you have stage 2 or even upgraded your turbo, getting a turbo timer in your daily drive is quite impractical. The standard turbo is paired accordingly to the engine size. So what do you need to time for? 🤔

5) Fake aero.

th?id=OIP.WUwrWzc3XcDSktCFrhpxnAHaE8%26p

I am 100% against this. as it does not add performance to the car and it might even cause additional fuel consumption. If you are driving an old car like me, there might be some wear and tear of your bodykit. Getting clips to secure is fine. But adding spoiler, grilles, a diffuser is redundant and a waste of money.

6) Fake vents and shrouds

image.png.c1bb745db1dc1cdaeb12efe5475d0637.pngimage.png.edd7f6e99e78e66c8649e7d95be9870e.pngimage.png.4b09b849a43da5d05d2c6b4b994b649a.png

People who don't know might say it is cool. But when you are speaking to an enthusiast, he might think that you are a moron. Spending money at things that have no functionality at all.

So there you have it, these are the six useless mod for a daily driver car. 🙂

If I have to add on one more, it will be LED lightings.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e476963e7226d5214e13a

Be it interior or exterior, with too much chingay lighting will make the car cheap. I like it dark and mysterious. 😎

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

After NSH drive, engine will be really hot especially my engine bay.  I will let engine run for 3 - 5 mins.

Engine oil is more effective in cooling engine then purely on electric fan.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

After NSH drive, engine will be really hot especially my engine bay.  I will let engine run for 3 - 5 mins.

Engine oil is more effective in cooling engine then purely on electric fan.

You still can drive at NSH meh? hahahha. 😂

• Haha! 1

Supersonic

Turbo timer?? Wahahaaa....that 80s contraption still exists?

Funniest thing was when those zhng vios & G9 hipporolla boys used to ask which turbo timer is best for their rides.....lol

• Haha! 6

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Soya said:

Funniest thing was when those zhng vios & G9 hipporolla boys used to ask which turbo timer is best for their rides.....lol

Hahhaha. Casio F-91W is the best for those ppl! hahahhaha. 

• Haha! 4

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Soya said:

Still useful for turbo car after hot run.  

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

modding of vehicle commander waste money bo :inlove:

what kind of mods are we talking about here. haha.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Still useful for turbo car after hot run.  

Don't tell me u actually installed one?

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I agree with you on air filter But the biggest disadvantage over the paper filter is that in the long run, your engine is going to be dirty no matter how much you oil or clean the filter.

Matt posted something similar as well

I totally agree on piggyback ECU and aero kits.[laugh]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I agree with you on air filter But the biggest disadvantage over the paper filter is that in the long run, your engine is going to be dirty no matter how much you oil or clean the filter.

Matt posted something similar as well

I totally agree on piggyback ECU and aero kits.[laugh]

Yeah. I know.

But environmental friendly lah. hahaha. I reduce the waste for the earth abit. hahahahahahha.

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Soya said:

I think it's still useful if you upgrade the snail and run on higher boost. Def not necessary on stock TC cars though.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Soya said:

my car 1980s, should i get one?

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
27 minutes ago, sake said:

my car 1980s, should i get one?

Definitely. Some say got extra 10bhp wor

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2