6 Mods That Are A Waste Of Money For A Daily Driver

kobayashiGT

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Should be "scientifically" improve the FC, since normal fuel has its ions and molecules all in different, random directions. Only special magnets can align them for optimal combustion! 

Busted!.....lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
10 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

3) High flow panel filter

th?id=OIP.e0gOXxQO46Gbu144XK1sNwHaHa%26p

His reason for the filter is because the price is marked up compared to paper filter and the horsepower gain is minimum. But! I have to disagree on this part. I think it is a worth it modification if you are an enthusiast and you are willing to do some maintenance for your car. As the high flow panel filter can perhaps last you a lifetime with proper maintenance, I am sure you can save some money by first investing in it. But make sure it is clean and oiled every time it goes for servicing. Ponypower wise, I think it makes no diff. And I am not a fan of open intake. It changes to characteristics of the car a bit. So I am in for high panel filter.

This jiuhu kia explained it quite well. 😌

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

what is a lightweight sports seat?

I think is bucket or semi bucket seats. 

Actually I like bucket seats, kup corner no need open legs big big and just my knees to stabilize my body. But really is a pain in the pigu to get in and out.

• Haha! 1

I disagree grounding is useless.

One of the most overlooked automotive enhancement is the grounding of the electric system and components.

Every car has 1 grounding wire. As the car ages the grounding point gets corroded so for older cars multiple grounding points are very useful.

:grin:

A properly grounded electrical system is vital to the performance of your vehicle. Without a good ground, your ignition system will underperform, you’ll experience random issues with charging, and you can easily end up stranded.

The benefits of grounding electric system are as follows:

Stabilised electric currents
Torque is the power generated by the motor is proportional to the amount of current flowing through the motor. A stable current will provide a higher source of voltage with lower electrical resistance, this gives higher torque hence more power to your car.

Lesser jerking
Some car will loose power when the air-conditioning kicks in and you will notice your car lights deem within a second. Grounding provides efficient current to all major electrical components and balances out the power usage for components that power hungry like air-conditioning.

Improve fuel consumption
When the stable current improve the power consumption and increase the effectiveness of motor power output, it naturally help your car fuel consumption

Reduce static shock
Static electricity is produced when two material rub against each other, causing a build up of electrical charges. When you on the ride in your car, both you and your car produce the electrical charge. The discharge will happen when your finger touches the metal door, and zap! A properly grounded car can reduce or totally eliminate this from happen.

Better audio quality
Car audio system is sensitive towards static current. Car audio receiver needs to be securely grounded, and normally the grounding is the car body or chassis and a good quality grounding reduce static and current leakage which at the same time improve the quality of your audio system.

In terms of good quality wiring, you need to use at least 10MM Gauge Wire for the body ground. Finally, your wire needs to be insulated to ensure the wire will not deteriorate due to heat and moisture. The Car Grounding kit is available in most of the accessory shop listed here.

(edited)

I disagree voltage stabiliser is useless.

I had 2 VS. One is the famous P brand from Japan and it did nothing.

But I also had a home made Singapore one called Volt and it was much bigger than the P brand because I think it had 2 big fat capacitors and not the 4 small useless ones in the P.

Without the Volt when I start my car up the engine will rev to 1,500 rpm and then drop to 650. When switch on the aircon the rev will drop slightly from 650 and then go back to 650.

With the Volt even not driving for a few days and starting a cold engine it would go from 0 rpm to 650 and stay there. No noisy ERRRRRR engine revving to 1,500 before slowly dropping to 650.

And when switch on aircon the revs never drops from 650, its just always stays at 650. This means it stablised the current and there is no voltage drops.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

However most cheap or fake VS are just a waste of money and a fire hazard.

Some are just boxes with bad wiring and one led bulb with no capacitors inside.

The cheap wiring will short and cause a fire and no capacitors of any size means it not benefit your electrical system in any way at all.

• Praise 3

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

But I also had a home made Singapore one called Volt and it was much bigger than the P brand because I think it had 2 big fat capacitors and not the 4 small useless ones in the P.

Without the Volt when I start my car up the engine will rev to 1,500 rpm and then drop to 650. When switch on the aircon the rev will drop slightly from 650 and then go back to 650.

With the Volt even not driving for a few days and starting a cold engine it would go from 0 rpm to 650 and stay there. No noisy ERRRRRR engine revving to 1,500 before slowly dropping to 650.

And when switch on aircon the revs never drops from 650, its just always stays at 650. This means it stablised the current and there is no voltage drops.

Share the lobang leh. don't just say good. hahahah.

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I think what you said applies to cars beyond 10 years old.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Share the lobang leh. don't just say good. hahahah.

It was a Singapore home made VS and they don't sell it any more. 

:D

I bought it for only $10 second hand and I stupidly sold it to get the famous P brand from Japan. 

I regretted selling it for all the hype and marketing. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

I think what you said applies to cars beyond 10 years old.

Yes yes and cars that drove thru the floods. 

The water will corrode the one and only grounding point unless the owner added additional ground wires. 

• Haha! 2

23 hours ago, Soya said:

Turbo timer?? Wahahaaa....that 80s contraption still exists?

Funniest thing was when those zhng vios & G9 hipporolla boys used to ask which turbo timer is best for their rides.....lol

yeah.. those Renault R21 days .. and I don't mean adult videos...

Supersonic
47 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Anyone drove thru ponding? 

Additional grounding is a good idea. 

Maybe need Surbo to give it that turbo slingshot power to navigate thru ponding

Haiz....if only the Titanic had Surbo too

• Haha! 2

17 minutes ago, Soya said:

Maybe need Surbo to give it that turbo slingshot power to navigate thru ponding

Haiz....if only the Titanic had Surbo too

Maybe add Cyclone to the Surbo, double the improvements. 

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Maybe add Cyclone to the Surbo, double the improvements. 

Whoaaa....that'll make the Titanic a speedboat

10 hours ago, Jamesc said:

The bold item is very interesting.

When the rev goes up, its more of a case of the engine been cold. So not sure why the ground wire would be able to bypass that 

↡ Advertisement