6 Mods That Are A Waste Of Money For A Daily Driver

kobayashiGT

Anyone here use light weight battery as a mod.

I know for me , when the first set of batt that comes with the car dies, I buy a bigger AH to sustain my car and it helps to provide a smoother delivery during rainy day at night when I have wiper on full blast, Headlamps on and in a traffic jam with brake lights on, aircon on and in car cam on as well as stereo on. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

The bold item is very interesting.

When the rev goes up, its more of a case of the engine been cold. So not sure why the ground wire would be able to bypass that 

Not the grounding, it was the Volt voltage stabiliser that did that. 

But only the Volt, the P brand from Japan did not do it. The P brand did not do anything for me. 

• Praise 2

The other thing is when engine on and turn on air-con the rev also didn't not drop with the Volt. It just stay at 650.

:D

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

When the rev goes up, its more of a case of the engine been cold. So not sure why the ground wire would be able to bypass that 

Last time when my father is driving the Daihatsu Charade, he is also a big fan of voltage stabilizer. Maybe because he is a technician and he understands how it works so he won't kenna con when buying.

He used to repair TVs for a living one. hahha. I am his QC manager. After he repaired, I will help him "monitor" the TV got spoilt anot.

So last time when I was young, I am alrd a child labour le. 😂

Watching cartoon for long hours is no joke. hahahah.

• Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Last time when my father is driving the Daihatsu Charade, he is also a big fan of voltage stabilizer. Maybe because he is a technician and he understands how it works so he won't kenna con when buying.

He used to repair TVs for a living one. hahha. I am his QC manager. After he repaired, I will help him "monitor" the TV got spoilt anot.

So last time when I was young, I am alrd a child labour le. 😂

Watching cartoon for long hours is no joke. hahahah.

thank goodness you did not become famous "Amos"

• Haha! 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Not the grounding, it was the Volt voltage stabiliser that did that. 

But only the Volt, the P brand from Japan did not do it. The P brand did not do anything for me. 

Ah, I see.. voltage stabilizer .. 

I suppose same principals as after market ICE. two huge Caps to drive the boom box

Edited by Sdf4786k

(edited)

BMW E39 ///M5.  4 mod:

1. Supersprint header

2. Supersprint exhaust

3. Eventuri intake

4. ECU remap

Stock: 380hp

With header+exhaust mod: 405hp

With ECU remap: 417hp

With CAI: 425hp

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Ah, I see.. voltage stabilizer .. 

I suppose same principals as after market ICE. two huge Caps to drive the boom box

Yes I think so too. 

The P Japan brand has 4 small capacitors. It was completely useless and a waste of money. 

The two big caps in the Volt made all the difference. 

1 hour ago, Sdf4786k said:

Maybe the add-ons cause the temperature sensor to malfunction, engine is cold but sensor thinks it's hot, thus the ECU doesn't increase the revs to quickly warm it up... LOL. 

• Praise 2

Supercharged
22 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

what is a lightweight sports seat?

Bucket seats are a lot lighter than original seats. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

wow... most of the mods, i have been there, done that..

quick release steering wheel - good for me, i will usually remove the steering in malaysia.. who cares about airbag when young 😙

Fixed back seat and harness - no no for me.. too stiff, too clamp even for my small build..

High flow panel filter - good, but i'm just lazy to clean them..

Turbo timer - mechanic told me to install.. usually when i switch off the car, the timer will still run for another 3 mins.. was told that it cool down the turbo..

but now, no mod..

everything is as stock.. stock is the best 🤗 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 6/24/2020 at 8:22 PM, Zxcvb said:

This jiuhu kia explained it quite well. 😌

this type of jiuhu kia can eat shit.

still want to hit 10k subscribers, wait long long.

This link below is the youtube channel that has substance.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

On 6/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, Sdf4786k said:

Anyone here use light weight battery as a mod.

I know for me , when the first set of batt that comes with the car dies, I buy a bigger AH to sustain my car and it helps to provide a smoother delivery during rainy day at night when I have wiper on full blast, Headlamps on and in a traffic jam with brake lights on, aircon on and in car cam on as well as stereo on. 

For battery mods, roughly 2 objectives. 

a) If your current battery location is in the engine bay and you want to re-locate it to the boot area where there is less heat sources

b) Light weight battery with high CCA. Mostly for people who tracks and want to reduce overall car weight, to use it to balance off corner weight or to achieve better weight distribution. Mostly basic functions in the car. 

Anyway, a battery (non start/stop) is about $100+ and last 2-3 years. I think its an okay price for a consumable item.

(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 12:33 PM, Kklim said:

Everyone forgot fuel line magnetiser? 😆

Since got taopao and many have easy access to magnet at a tenth of the cost of the snake oil, after experiment , done work its just 2 dollars down the drain.

Free magnet can also be found on the toner carterage . So just slide out the row of magnet and cable tie to the rail to test it out fromthe used toner carteage 

Edited by Sdf4786k

On 6/25/2020 at 4:16 AM, Jamesc said:

IBut I also had a home made Singapore one called Volt and it was much bigger than the P brand because I think it had 2 big fat capacitors and not the 4 small useless ones in the P.

It was also known as the Z-stab right? Initially a damn big black box. Sold to a lot of Toyotas in their respective forum.

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, Discoburg said:

It was also known as the Z-stab right? Initially a damn big black box. Sold to a lot of Toyotas in their respective forum.

It could be. I don't know about the name but it was a big black box. 

↡ Advertisement