Drink driving and/or driving without license

What would u do with ur drink driving friends?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would u do with ur drink driving friends?

• deserve a beating
    • report to the authorities
    • do nth not my biz
    • he will get caught one day, license kantong, n learn the hard way

(edited)

If u have friends that drink and drive/drive without license or even both, what would u do? 

Considering that words have fallen on deaf ears, family members are well aware but nth can be done to stop

do nth n continue to let ur friend drink n drive hope he kana caught but one day if he drink n drive n kill some innocent guy on the road can u live with the guilt? 

or be decisive n report him to the police for his own good?

those who choose to drink n drive, drive w/o license n kana caught deserve no pity from anyone

A police spokesman added: "A 52-year-old male car driver had fled the scene and was subsequently arrested along Canberra Road on the same day for suspected drug-related and traffic-related offences including dangerous driving, driving without a valid licence and taking of motor vehicle without owner's consent."

Edited by StreetFight3r
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

A police spokesman added: "A 52-year-old male car driver had fled the scene and was subsequently arrested along Canberra Road on the same day for suspected drug-related and traffic-related offences including dangerous driving, driving without a valid licence and taking of motor vehicle without owner's consent."

I presume it's referring to the black car which beat the red light. In this case, the blue car won't be able to claim insurance.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Shocked 1

32 minutes ago, RickyWee said:

better report him before he actually kills someone

how many of us have actually done that? think not many dare to report own friend.. if there's anything that I can change I would have.. but then again sometimes pple dun learn that's why there are repeat offenders.. no fear for The law? or need to include caning? 

37 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

Good thing i dun have friends who drink till drunk.

And does it mean that the 52-year-old guy managed buang at full force, then can run away from accident scene before being caught later that day?

the guy is 25 or 52 year old? still doing such things... 

• Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

I presume it's referring to the black car which beat the red light. In this case, the blue car won't be able to claim insurance.

That applies to TP property damage.

For TP bodily injury, black car insurer still need to pay.

28 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

This is always the highly controversial part about insurance claim against one who has no license or even drink driving.. If memory serves me right u can't claim insurance against one who drink n drive oso right? how is this fair to us drivers.. being punished for a mistake not commited by us

Just now, Atrecord said:

Good thing i dun have friends who drink till drunk.

And does it mean that the 52-year-old guy managed buang at full force, then can run away from accident scene before being caught later that day?

the guy is 25 or 52 year old? still doing such things... 

Stupidity never left him

• Haha! 2

Just now, StreetFight3r said:

This is always the highly controversial part about insurance claim against one who has no license or even drink driving.. If memory serves me right u can't claim insurance against one who drink n drive oso right? how is this fair to us drivers.. being punished for a mistake not commited by us

Only can claim 3rd party bodily injury.

Just now, inlinesix said:

I don't think he is drunk since he can run

This one according to the police statement is drug offences not drink driving.. but I think most scenarios drug is rare.. Mostly drink driving or no license... I do know of pple who drunk until next morning they dun remmeevr how they got home or how they even park the car swee swee.. I have given up on such friends 

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

14 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

how many of us have actually done that? think not many dare to report own friend.. if there's anything that I can change I would have.. but then again sometimes pple dun learn that's why there are repeat offenders.. no fear for The law? or need to include caning? 

true. It takes a lot of courage to report your own friend even though you know it will be the right thing to do. I believe most people will just hope that the friend doesnt do it again or doesnt get into an accident instead.

Turbocharged
43 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Wow that is harsh.

Should the blue car then claim own insurance and the insurers then go after the black car owner / the druggie who drove the car? It is clearly not the blue car's fault in this case, how unjust if the owner is left bearing the short end of the stick.

8 minutes ago, Celicar said:

Wow that is harsh.

Should the blue car then claim own insurance and the insurers then go after the black car owner / the druggie who drove the car? It is clearly not the blue car's fault in this case, how unjust if the owner is left bearing the short end of the stick.

You can only blame MAS.

In other countries, like India and Msia, black car insurer has to pay all claims (property damage and bodily injury).  It is up to black car insurer whether to pursue the culprit.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The rule of thumb is - if you are involved in an accident with a drunk driver, it's advisable NOT to call the Police and refrain from stating that the driver was drunk in your accident report. Or you will be unable to make an insurance claim as the other's party insurance will be invalid as he drove under the influence of alcohol

The law in Singapore protects drunk drivers. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

The rule of thumb is - if you are involved in an accident with a drunk driver, it's advisable NOT to call the Police and refrain from stating that the driver was drunk in your accident report. Or you will be unable to make an insurance claim as the other's party insurance will be invalid as he drove under the influence of alcohol

The law in Singapore protects drunk drivers. 😁

The law protects all form of illegal act.

39 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Only can claim 3rd party bodily injury.

Can arrh?

what about driving with license? also can claim injury?

my fren last year tio ah pek whose license was suspended (for speeding) buang'ed full force. Car totalled and he claimed his own policy to buy a new car... 

you mean he could still have claimed the ah pek's policy for injury?

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Can arrh?

what about driving with license? also can claim injury?

my fren last year tio ah pek whose license was suspended (for speeding) buang'ed full force. Car totalled and he claimed his own policy to buy a new car... 

you mean he could still have claimed the ah pek's policy for injury?

Yes.

If not, you can always PM @Sp4wn

Edited by inlinesix
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2