Drink driving and/or driving without license

What would u do with ur drink driving friends?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What would u do with ur drink driving friends?

• deserve a beating
    • report to the authorities
    • do nth not my biz
    • he will get caught one day, license kantong, n learn the hard way

1 hour ago, Vinceng said:

A police spokesman added: "A 52-year-old male car driver had fled the scene and was subsequently arrested along Canberra Road on the same day for suspected drug-related and traffic-related offences including dangerous driving, driving without a valid licence and taking of motor vehicle without owner's consent."

I presume it's referring to the black car which beat the red light. In this case, the blue car won't be able to claim insurance.

The blue car cannot claim against the black car's insurance, but he can always claim against his own insurance. There will be a claims history, loading and loss of NCD but the owner isn't completely left high and dry.

↡ Advertisement

50 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

The rule of thumb is - if you are involved in an accident with a drunk driver, it's advisable NOT to call the Police and refrain from stating that the driver was drunk in your accident report. Or you will be unable to make an insurance claim as the other's party insurance will be invalid as he drove under the influence of alcohol

The law in Singapore protects drunk drivers. 😁

So if kana drunk driver what would u advise the steps to take? If small accident scrap the bumper here n there nvm sua. Let's say serious junction accident.. Car immobilised.. What's the steps to take so that we dun sabo own insurance claim? Since i think if serious accident u need to call tp of if call ambulance they oso will have tp come together. When tp comes sure can smell alcohol from the other driver. So I think serious accident a buay sai siam this

interesting how this is becoming a insurance claim against drunk drivers thread but the main purpose behind this thread is actually, will u report ur friend if u know they are breaking the law? what would u do?

• Haha! 3

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Can arrh?

what about driving with license? also can claim injury?

my fren last year tio ah pek whose license was suspended (for speeding) buang'ed full force. Car totalled and he claimed his own policy to buy a new car... 

you mean he could still have claimed the ah pek's policy for injury?

thanks @inlinesix

yes, can claim for injuries. i manage to get the costs of my a&e hospital scans and outpatient treatment etc after bang table. my injuries were superficial with mainly bruises (and a small minor cut when i had to pull myself out of the window). gotta thank the car design for absorbing most of the impact ...

but yes, the law hasnt changed as far as i am aware and reporting drunk drivers simply means you go through the hassle of self-claim against your own policy, and your only recourse is a civil suit (so from that angle, gotta hope someone in a ferrari langar you, not like my case lau pok chia)

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Vinceng said:

A police spokesman added: "A 52-year-old male car driver had fled the scene and was subsequently arrested along Canberra Road on the same day for suspected drug-related and traffic-related offences including dangerous driving, driving without a valid licence and taking of motor vehicle without owner's consent."

I presume it's referring to the black car which beat the red light. In this case, the blue car won't be able to claim insurance.

Wonder if the blue car claim own insurance, will he kena any loading during renewal.

I was hit by a drunk driver before. Can't claim insurance, but the driver also steady, paid up everything in cash without delay.

• Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, StreetFight3r said:

So if kana drunk driver what would u advise the steps to take? If small accident scrap the bumper here n there nvm sua. Let's say serious junction accident.. Car immobilised.. What's the steps to take so that we dun sabo own insurance claim? Since i think if serious accident u need to call tp of if call ambulance they oso will have tp come together. When tp comes sure can smell alcohol from the other driver. So I think serious accident a buay sai siam this

When I was hit by a drunk driver, the ambulance and TP came together, I didn't even need to call 995.. many passer-bys witnessed it and called the police on our behalf. I'm sure the police/ambulance hotline would have received multiple calls.

The TP did a breathalyzer test and arrested the drunk driver on the spot.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
14 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I was hit by a drunk driver before. Can't claim insurance, but the driver also steady, paid up everything in cash without delay.

You are lucky. If the drunk drive didn't pay up, it will be a lengthy and costly civil case which I know of many who ended up paying for their own damages & the drunk driver got away scot free.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Honestly, our current situation is partially our fault, no complain no action.

KPKB to MAS.

Don't tell me no use hor.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Wonder if the blue car claim own insurance, will he kena any loading during renewal.

actually it is no different if someone rear ends you and then refuses to report to his insurance. the insurance will deny any claim since the guy didnt report.

then the solution would be a civil suit as well.

a very screwed up system.

1 hour ago, Sp4wn said:

thanks @inlinesix

yes, can claim for injuries. i manage to get the costs of my a&e hospital scans and outpatient treatment etc after bang table. my injuries were superficial with mainly bruises (and a small minor cut when i had to pull myself out of the window). gotta thank the car design for absorbing most of the impact ...

but yes, the law hasnt changed as far as i am aware and reporting drunk drivers simply means you go through the hassle of self-claim against your own policy, and your only recourse is a civil suit (so from that angle, gotta hope someone in a ferrari langar you, not like my case lau pok chia)

Thanks! Not sure if my fren had gone to claim for doctor's fees, which i think was not a lot. He was lucky, cos he didn't use to belt up, and yet managed to brace himself for the imminent impact, and only had slight blue-black here and there, according to hm...

the ah pek drove a COE vios, and wife was on wheelchair, said he bo lui... (but he will get back maybe 20+k for the coe when scrap his car... 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 6/25/2020 at 3:09 PM, Atrecord said:

Thanks! Not sure if my fren had gone to claim for doctor's fees, which i think was not a lot. He was lucky, cos he didn't use to belt up, and yet managed to brace himself for the imminent impact, and only had slight blue-black here and there, according to hm...

the ah pek drove a COE vios, and wife was on wheelchair, said he bo lui... (but he will get back maybe 20+k for the coe when scrap his car... 

must be the vehicle of choice for this kind of accident ... since the car that hit me was also a vios :D

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Sp4wn said:

must be the vehicle of choice for this kind of accident ... since the car that hit me was also a vios :D

wah... vios got bad reputation oready, it seems... 🤣

Turbocharged
20 hours ago, Atrecord said:

wah... vios got bad reputation oready, it seems... 🤣

good memories..NOT!

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

1 hour ago, Sp4wn said:

good memories..NOT!

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Alamak... sorry for you...

were the cars repairable? My friend's case, both were totalled.. 

By my friend's car (which was less than 1.5 yr old) a few mth later, showed up in sgcarmart... and was sold rather quickly... 😱

On 6/25/2020 at 12:21 PM, Vinceng said:

The rule of thumb is - if you are involved in an accident with a drunk driver, it's advisable NOT to call the Police and refrain from stating that the driver was drunk in your accident report. Or you will be unable to make an insurance claim as the other's party insurance will be invalid as he drove under the influence of alcohol

The law in Singapore protects drunk drivers. 😁

This is true, and I've often stated this myself.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
36 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Alamak... sorry for you...

were the cars repairable? My friend's case, both were totalled.. 

By my friend's car (which was less than 1.5 yr old) a few mth later, showed up in sgcarmart... and was sold rather quickly... 😱

there's a looooong thread you'll have to read about for yourself. one of my posts. quite educational too. wont spoil it for you! lol

↡ Advertisement