Seatbelt System?

RickyWee

Just a curious thought which poped up in my head:

Should we make cars so that cars can only start moving after we put the seatbelt on?

If im not wrong, some people have a habit of wearing their seatbelt only after driving off or even not wearing seatbelt if they travel super short distances.

Right now i know most cars only blinks the seatbelt sign or make a sound or both if the driver not wearing a seatbelt.

I am not sure if its possible to implement such a system or if there are cars out there which already has this.

What do you guys think?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

if one can learn how to drive, then one probably have enough brains to put on the belt. if not,  if they get flung out, then its too bad.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
45 minutes ago, RickyWee said:

Should we make cars so that cars can only start moving after we put the seatbelt on?

If im not wrong, some people have a habit of wearing their seatbelt only after driving off or even not wearing seatbelt if they travel super short distances.

Right now i know most cars only blinks the seatbelt sign or make a sound or both if the driver not wearing a seatbelt.

I am not sure if its possible to implement such a system or if there are cars out there which already has this.

What do you guys think?

Cannot lah. Different countries different law. Hard to implement this at the corp level.

If law can restrict car production, then all car will be driven at 80km/h le. 😂

choosing not to buckle up is personal (ir)responsibility.

when superman out of car and hit something, don't blame automaker, LTA, URA, NParks, PUB, PWD, MOE, MOH, SCDF, PAP hor  ...

[;)]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, RickyWee said:

What do you guys think?

And if anytime seat belt is released the engine go dead? 😅 like some shared that they have a habit to release seat belt upon entering a car park or when parking?

Hehe...ownself push car into parking lot.

Stay safe 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

And if anytime seat belt is released the engine go dead? 😅 like some shared that they have a habit to release seat belt upon entering a car park or when parking?

Hehe...ownself push car into parking lot.

Stay safe 

Cheers 

hahahaha never thought of that

okay now it makes sense not to do this system

• Haha! 2

Just now, Atrecord said:

reminds me of flintstones leh...

Ya lah, Fred came to mind too.😅😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Seriously speaking.

Belting up when driving should be second nature, just as you have to unzip to use the toilet. 

If the mentality is screwed, no amount of systems or whatsoever will help. 

• Praise 6
  • Haha! 1

Most likely the unbelt driver will kill himself/herself. As long as he/she don't fly out from the windscreen to injure some human/animals/insects, why overthink?

• Praise 5

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Kangadrool said:

Most likely the unbelt driver will kill himself/herself. As long as he/she don't fly out from the windscreen to injure some human/animals/insects, why overthink?

BMW guy on CTE is a good example.

• Praise 1

This is just making things more inconvenient for law abiding ppl. Those won't wear one sure will still find ways to go around this. 

• Praise 2

Seat belt is to save ownself

ownself don’t want more protection is ownself problem 

problem is those siao Lang behind wheels

noboby can protect against siao langs

If the sensor spoils where you have already buckled up but the car thinks you have not, it will not let you drive and you have to get the car towed just to fix a simple thing.