COVID-19: TRACETOGETHER app & TOKEN to help with contact tracing!

BabyBlade

8 hours ago, Voodooman said:

this is funny.
The only thing that stops this device from potentially being allowed to track citizens' movements 24/7 are: if the wearable device runs out of power; if a counter-measure device that broadcasts a jamming signal masking the device's whereabouts; or if the person chooses to live 'off the grid' in total isolation, away from others and outside of any smartphone/device effective range. 

how about leaving it at home? 

Just take out the battery la. These guys just wanna see that you have the device when you enter right?

Or wrap it in alum foil when you aren't showing it to people. Maybe someone can make a faraday cage pouch and sell it on taobao.

6 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Just take out the battery la. These guys just wanna see that you have the device when you enter right?

Or wrap it in alum foil when you aren't showing it to people. Maybe someone can make a faraday cage pouch and sell it on taobao.

This device got no GPS data.  Scare what le

• Praise 1

44 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I am not worried, with all the Safeentry, privacy is moot. 

Just carry it around to protect yourself and your family. This is a heathcare crisis. What an overthinking petition!

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

14 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This device got no GPS data.  Scare what le

It has functionality that can mimic gps. A bad actor can set up multiple tracking stations that track your Bluetooth signal.

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I am not worried, with all the Safeentry, privacy is moot. 

Just carry it around to protect yourself and your family. This is a heathcare crisis. What petition? 

I agree this is a healthcare crisis but the reactions and what we are able to accept in terms of what we must do without question is disturbing.  

2 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

It has functionality that can mimic gps. A bad actor can set up multiple tracking stations that track your Bluetooth signal.

True.  We are assuming that there are no bad intentions to misuse.  A simple way is if the covid crisis never ends, next time during opposition rally, just have some undercover with a token walk through the crowd.  End of day, just go back to HQ and you know who was there at the rally.  Even if they don't, the possibility is there.  And of course putting tokens at strategic locations just to capture who went to this rally.  You dont have to capture everyone or even 50%. You just need to make people fearful.

Btw, will covid-19 crisis end? I am not talking about the pandemic but if people are so willing to just get the token for healthcare protection, what will stop people from finding other uses for it? Example.  Not only covid but other healthcare problems.  There could be outbreaks in the future.  So its easy to say since the token is there, just keep using it permanently.  Or crime prevention.  A person goes missing.  Suspects are hauled up.  The suspect says he last saw the victim hours before he went missing. The token will be used to condemn or protect him.  Who is to say it wont happen in the future?

And bordering on conspiracy but it's not too far fetch, will this eventually lead to micro chipping of every human adult? Again, the reason would be for our protection.  And it will appear logical.  Tokens can get lost.  Phones run out of battery.  A microchip is secure and can do more like show if you actually have the virus or any virus or criminal record IN REAL TIME.  A token can't do all that.

And like without the token you cant enter shopping malls, maybe on the future without the chip you can't buy or sell....

• Praise 1

36 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I agree this is a healthcare crisis but the reactions and what we are able to accept in terms of what we must do without question is disturbing.  

True.  We are assuming that there are no bad intentions to misuse.  A simple way is if the covid crisis never ends, next time during opposition rally, just have some undercover with a token walk through the crowd.  End of day, just go back to HQ and you know who was there at the rally.  Even if they don't, the possibility is there.  And of course putting tokens at strategic locations just to capture who went to this rally.  You dont have to capture everyone or even 50%. You just need to make people fearful.

Btw, will covid-19 crisis end? I am not talking about the pandemic but if people are so willing to just get the token for healthcare protection, what will stop people from finding other uses for it? Example.  Not only covid but other healthcare problems.  There could be outbreaks in the future.  So its easy to say since the token is there, just keep using it permanently.  Or crime prevention.  A person goes missing.  Suspects are hauled up.  The suspect says he last saw the victim hours before he went missing. The token will be used to condemn or protect him.  Who is to say it wont happen in the future?

And bordering on conspiracy but it's not too far fetch, will this eventually lead to micro chipping of every human adult? Again, the reason would be for our protection.  And it will appear logical.  Tokens can get lost.  Phones run out of battery.  A microchip is secure and can do more like show if you actually have the virus or any virus or criminal record IN REAL TIME.  A token can't do all that.

And like without the token you cant enter shopping malls, maybe on the future without the chip you can't buy or sell....

You will still carry it around once Covid is no longer around?  

Why set up a surveillance system that the people you want to spy on can refuse to cooperate by leaving the device at home?

You are right, microchip and CCTV with AI face recognition is a whole lot cheaper and more effective, like in China. They can find you in 30 mins. We might already have that. 

Bad actor that can also follow you around? On foot too. Ok. Easier to hack into the govt system. 🤭

Edited by Voodooman

14 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

You will still carry it around once Covid is no longer around?  

Why set up a surveillance system that the people you want to spy can refuse to cooperate by leaving the device at home?

Bad actor that can also follow you around? On foot too. Ok. Easier to hack into the govt system. 🤭

1)  after covid-19,  they manufacture a new crisis?  Not necessarily pandemic but let's say show token before visiting in the hospital "just in case" (more likely).  Or crime prevention (less likely).  Once you find a use for it, it's easy to find more.  Like handphone used to be for phone calls, then came to sms, internet, games until people hardly use phones to make phone calls (not data calls) anymore.

2)  This i agree.  Except that we are such "obedient people" we are more likely to cooperate by carrying the token around than not.  Especially if the govt say is "better to have it around than not".

3)  Bad actor following me around? I think it's not my post.  Mine is let's say someone accused me of attacking someone at this date and time.  He has a token on him.  If I happen to have a token on me then, I can use it to prove that i wasnt near him, or conversely the police can use it to condemn me. 

Like I say in point one, unlikely it reaches that far.  But who knows.

Edited by Philipkee

31 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

1)  after covid-19,  they manufacture a new crisis?  Not necessarily pandemic but let's say show token before visiting in the hospital "just in case" (more likely).  Or crime prevention (less likely).  Once you find a use for it, it's easy to find more.  Like handphone used to be for phone calls, then came to sms, internet, games until people hardly use phones to make phone calls (not data calls) anymore.

2)  This i agree.  Except that we are such "obedient people" we are more likely to cooperate by carrying the token around than not.  Especially if the govt say is "better to have it around than not".

3)  Bad actor following me around? I think it's not my post.  Mine is let's say someone accused me of attacking someone at this date and time.  He has a token on him.  If I happen to have a token on me then, I can use it to prove that i wasnt near him, or conversely the police can use it to condemn me. 

Don't need crisis, tomorrow G can pass a national security law to trace and track everyone using the phone.  So vote wisely in 2024/25. Lol

Are you on social media? I think more info there than what you can get from a TT token, which can only last 6 months on a single battery.

Philip, just stop going to HC during this period lah. 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Don't need crisis, tomorrow G can pass a national security law to trace and track everyone using the phone.  So vote wisely in 2024/25. Lol

Are you on social media? I think more info there than what you can get from a TT token, which can only last 6 months on a single battery.

Philip, just stop going to HC during this period lah. 😂

We still have ISA hor. Token likely to broadcast its ID only 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Sorry but HC is..... :wacko:

MCF Makan thread  say is Hawker Centre...

SBF say is Health Centre... 🤭

Edited by Twister
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Twister said:

MCF Makan tread  say is Hawker Centre...

SBF say is Health Centre... 🤭

Hawker centre what's so secretive about that?

Health centre is closed ma.... unless @Voodooman or @Jamesc know something I dont.

I velli innocent one 😇

Edited by Philipkee
  • Haha! 3

56 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Hawker centre what's so secretive about that?

Health centre is closed ma.... unless @Voodooman or @Jamesc know something I dont.

I velli innocent one 😇

Open under Phase 2.

I am working full time again.

:grin:

The government has announced that personal health and wellness services are allowed to resume. This includes beauty services, spas, nail salons and massage parlours (including foot reflexology). Other services like laundry as well as pet care and training are also allowed.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

For information purpose only.

:grin:

Does a full body massage include private parts?

A full-body massage doesn't have to include your sensitive areas. You can say which parts of your body you don't want to be touched. A full-body massage usually includes your arms, legs, hands and feet, your neck and back, your stomach and buttocks.

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Kopites said:

Token? It mean additional item in my pocket. Cumbersome.

I have collected mine a few weeks ago. I attached a small key ring and a mini carabiner hook to it and just hook it to belt loop on my shorts.

When I go to any mall I just hold it up to let them scan the QR code. But for the smaller shops they dont have a scanner. I have to use the TT app but once i flash it I just check out. Those who dont check I also dont bother. LoL... Wait till Dec see how.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Indeed. Usually much faster to introduce regulation than revoke it...

The current "COVID-19 (TEMPORARY MEASURES) ACT 2020 - CONTROL ORDER" has no expiry date. I bet it'll still be there in 2025, in a dormant state.

Edited by CremornePt
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

I have collected mine a few weeks ago. I attached a small key ring and a mini carabiner hook to it and just hook it to belt loop on my shorts.

When I go to any mall I just hold it up to let them scan the QR code. But for the smaller shops they dont have a scanner. I have to use the TT app but once i flash it I just check out. Those who dont check I also dont bother. LoL... Wait till Dec see how.

Thanks for the info.

Chatted with mum probably will get one  as come December she will not be able to scan her ic for entry.

As for me and wife probably we will stick to the phone app for convenience sake.  

↡ Advertisement