COVID-19: TRACETOGETHER app & TOKEN to help with contact tracing!

BabyBlade

i just tried TT app. it won't shut down. always want bluetooth to be on.

how to use this app, it will continually drain the battery ?

uninstalled !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

come December if TT is mandatory in some venue, if you dun want to have it in your phone or take the token, then dun go out, stay home safer.

There is always a choice.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

40 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

uninstalled !

Yup, drain battery because of constant bt.

17 hours ago, Yewheng said:

This remind me of something.. People always want all kinds of things.. The limiting factor is what I can afford.. Like maybe I want to buy hp, but i can't afford.. So too bad cannot buy, but if I can afford, I sure will buy it now, coz it is what I wanted. So let's say I have the money to buy this brand new iPhone 12 now for example, will I say wait, let's Wait for 5 months when the price of iPhone 12 dropped then I buy? No, I can afford it now and I will want to get it now.

So this kinda logic.. People just can't wait.. Like for this TraceTogether token, people just can't wait, coz it's mandatory soon and they will keep thinking, I need the TraceTogether token and I haven't collect one yet. So need to collect.. So their mind keep thinking of this TraceTogether token thing. It is only until they collected it, then they will have a piece of mind, thinking okay this one finally settled. 

Bro, you really make me laugh.

9.gif

2 hours ago, Sosaria said:

I don't think this $6 saloon and other small shops will also bother to check that people have TT or use TT to scan the SafeEntry.

Already by now, many do not bother to check that customers scan the SafeEntry. They urge you to scan the QR, but you just whip out the phone, aim it at the QR code, and they just wave you off, after checking your temperature is ok. This is especially true for those "service" type business where they try not to bother the customer too much by insisting.

The saloon that I frequent still strictly follow the safe entry rule.

Please take this TT thing seriously 

got 2 people in Changi Airport kena already But don’t know kena from who 

with TT, they would know who came into contact

• Praise 2

11 minutes ago, Mustank said:

9E55BD84-3CBC-4336-917A-FD91DE354C06.jpeg

• Praise 1

Just now went to GreatWorldCity. Told me they dont have the software to scan token yet. So LL have to use TT app. Then I went to the coldstorage the person in charge just wave me in when I present the token. No scan. Actually why need to scan the token so many times? Ok lah, maybe for the main building the scanning of the token is necessary. Or in cinemas. Within the building I think there's no need to do so many scanning. They also dont scan the token when I leave the building. Kinda pointless.

The way to use tokens still not very clear.

15 hours ago, Kb27 said:

uninstalled !

The TT app is always on in my android phone even when you "swipe it off" it'll continue running. But what i do to save batt is manually off bluetooth when I'm home and only on bluetooth whenever I leave house.

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Really.. If people can wait.. We will not keep see long queue already. 

Yeah, me loh, I'm not a mall or cinema person so I'm prepared to collect during the last few days in December.

I can easily buy groceries in the neighborhood, no need go malls.

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

The TT app is always on in my android phone even when you "swipe it off" it'll continue running. But what i do to save batt is manually off bluetooth when I'm home and only on bluetooth whenever I leave house.

Bro, just make sure the app doesn't consume battery in the background. Apps that are poorly designed often have wake locks that drain your battery.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Kb27 said:

uninstalled !

Um, that's the whole pt of it. It needs to have bluetooth on all the time to work.

34 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Bro, just make sure the app doesn't consume battery in the background. Apps that are poorly designed often have wake locks that drain your battery.

TT in Android is designed to work in background.

17 hours ago, Mustank said:

If they got it from a traveler who doesn't have this TT app/token.. still have to rely on traditional contact tracing...

• Praise 1

I heard over the radio this morning now we can do a family check in (especially for those with kids) for the latest updated app. I just downloaded don't see this option, except the usual QR scan and barcode scan. Anyone tried? no QR for me to try now. 

9 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

I heard over the radio this morning now we can do a family check in (especially for those with kids) for the latest updated app. I just downloaded don't see this option, except the usual QR scan and barcode scan. Anyone tried? no QR for me to try now. 

LIkely your phone is Android OS.  Still at 2.3.11.

For iphone, it is already on 2.4 with the feature.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1