COVID-19: TRACETOGETHER app & TOKEN to help with contact tracing!

BabyBlade

3 hours ago, Jman888 said:

as if you all have some underground activities or keeping small three..... oh probably  [sweatdrop]

Seems like a lot of ppl are doing the unthinkable or something illegal.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Seems like a lot of ppl are doing the unthinkable or something illegal.

those frequently going to geylang, ah long runners splashing paint, illegal gambling at the alleys, etc will be scared lor 🤣

• Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

For me I have nothing to hide. 

If everyone think the same might as well cancel the token tracking cos no point. Ppl trying to play hide and seek.

I also have nothing to hide but that doesn't mean I want people watching and tracking me.

And it also doesn't mean I won't have anything to hide in the future.

• Praise 3

27 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I also have nothing to hide but that doesn't mean I want people watching and tracking me.

Don’t carry the token Lor... nobody force u. Then don’t enter malls They don’t need everyone to use the trace together. Just enough people.

Edited by Wind30

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Blueray said:

I suppose for us guys we will just drop the token into our front pocket so that we can whip it out for scanning purposes. 

so my friend asking (because his little 3 asking) whether prolonged exposure to the token's BT will affect his swimmers or not hah ? [laugh]

If "little 3" is concern for his "swimmers", I'd be more than a little concern with his "little 3's" intention. 'cause one wouldn't be concern with the partner's "swimmers" unless one is trying to get pregnant. [laugh]

• Haha! 1

4 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

For TT, movement can easily be tracked by having bluetooth check points around the island.

Why Gov want to track your movement using TT leh?

If really want to track you, there are already other mean to do so (for example the mobile phone that you are holding.) Using TT is 吃力不讨好。多此一举。

Furthermore, TT is used for close proximity communication between Token/App. All communication log are local on the the token or phone. Only when someone is tested covid positive than the data will be retrieved to trace for individual that he/she got close contact with.

So if there is no Community case, the data on the TT will just collect and purge when time due.

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Aiyo, the token only lasts as long as the battery. It's not forever, yo.🤣

Anyway FYI for those using the TT app you may choose not to use the token. Or no need to collect the token. Happy or not?

2 minutes ago, Twister said:

Why Gov want to track your movement using TT leh?

If really want to track you, there are already other mean to do so (for example the mobile phone that you are holding.) Using TT is 吃力不讨好。多此一举。

Furthermore, TT is used for close proximity communication between Token/App. All communication log are local on the the token or phone. Only when someone is tested covid positive than the data will be retrieved to trace for individual that he/she got close contact with.

So if there is no Community case, the data on the TT will just collect and purge when time due.

Already told you that they can set up check points to gather location data. So how does it matter that the log is stored locally on the phone or token? Their check points will have the data as well.

21 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Don’t carry the token Lor... nobody force u. Then don’t enter malls They don’t need everyone to use the trace together. Just enough people.

Don't worry la. I will still go to the mall if I have too.

Might have to spend some money on aluminium foil to wrap around the token tho.

4 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Already told you that they can set up check points to gather location data. So how does it matter that the log is stored locally on the phone or token? Their check points will have the data as well.

That is why I'm asking why need to track your location  using TT by setting up beacon?

If GovTech really do that, than it is really a dumb implementation..

成何体统??

• Praise 2

he is just arguing for the sake of arguing. If the survellance is not voluntary like facial recognition, then it it would be a cause of concern...

I agree the government can track potentially track you but only if you carry the stupid token around. I think it might be easier to just remove the battery if you are really paranoid than to use aluminium foil. At least you still can scan your QR code

• Praise 2

Then you should ditch your mobile phone and get a "burner phone" and prepaid sim card. Every week get a new one.

Ppl who only focus on the token is so short sighted. Inside your mobilephone alone there will be at least half a dozen apps tracking you or collecting your data of your whereabouts. Whatever app that uses navigation, location services, games like pokemon go, social media. All these app companies collect your data of your whereabouts, your friends, what you do, what your friends do, with a vengeance. And all you worry about is a TT token. LoL...

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

I wrote this on hwz.  No satisfactory answer from defenders of TT token so I ask here.

Let's say, for argument sake, TT token has 100% uptake.

1 get infected with covid-19.   I surrender my token to the authorities.  So they traced.  Pass 14 days, I met 1000 unique persons.  These 1000 are informed.  So they watch their health or self quarantine etc...  Now let's say of this 1000 people, 1 got fever and see the doctor.   Now his TT token is taken and it was found in the past 14 days he met another 1000 unique persons.. etc.

If the TT token works this way, yes you ring fence the infected but because your information is always two weeks late (and a person could be spreading the virus during these two weeks), you are always playing catch up.  Eventually, you need to lock down again.

The only reason why it hasn't happened is because our community cases are low and of cos maybe a lot of people are still not using TT.  

So the question is, are we prepared for a lockdown everytime there is a community case because it is only detected potentially 14 or even more days after the patient first turned infectious?

I think TT has a part to play in preventing covid-19 spread but it is only more effective during a lockdown or on places with low human density where human contact is minimised.

• Praise 3

53 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Then you should ditch your mobile phone and get a "burner phone" and prepaid sim card. Every week get a new one.

Ppl who only focus on the token is so short sighted. Inside your mobilephone alone there will be at least half a dozen apps tracking you or collecting your data of your whereabouts. Whatever app that uses navigation, location services, games like pokemon go, social media. All these app companies collect your data of your whereabouts, your friends, what you do, what your friends do, with a vengeance. And all you worry about is a TT token. LoL...

Youtube/chrome always recommend "article/video i might like"....🤔

I reckon the issue isn't people want to tamper the tt but the way government shove the fish bone down your throat..mandatory.

14 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I wrote this on hwz.  No satisfactory answer from defenders of TT token so I ask here.

Let's say, for argument sake, TT token has 100% uptake.

1 get infected with covid-19.   I surrender my token to the authorities.  So they traced.  Pass 14 days, I met 1000 unique persons.  These 1000 are informed.  So they watch their health or self quarantine etc...  Now let's say of this 1000 people, 1 got fever and see the doctor.   Now his TT token is taken and it was found in the past 14 days he met another 1000 unique persons.. etc.

If the TT token works this way, yes you ring fence the infected but because your information is always two weeks late (and a person could be spreading the virus during these two weeks), you are always playing catch up.  Eventually, you need to lock down again.

The only reason why it hasn't happened is because our community cases are low and of cos maybe a lot of people are still not using TT.  

So the question is, are we prepared for a lockdown everytime there is a community case because it is only detected potentially 14 or even more days after the patient first turned infectious?

I think TT has a part to play in preventing covid-19 spread but it is only more effective during a lockdown or on places with low human density where human contact is minimised.

TT wasn't government first solution to contact tracing. It was the tracing app that somehow failed to run on IOS.

Then they came up with this TT thingy in such a short space of times. I reckon if from start they implemented the TT the take up rate would surely be high during the circuit breaker. Once you lost the confidence of your end user it would require double the effort to win back the trust again.  The roti prata culture not of much help as well.

My view.

I will download the app come 31 dec. 

• Shocked 1

Come to think of it, does the TraceTogether token have indicator on the battery health? Like green = healthy, red = battery dieing, no indicator = battery totally flat or there is no battery in the token. If there is no indicator to check for battery health, how would anyone know whether this TraceTogether battery is flat or not? 

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1