Amoy Street Moonstone bar suspended indefinitely after customers caught drinking at 10:35pm, warns others

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

Amoy Street Moonstone bar suspended indefinitely after customers caught drinking at 10:35pm, warns others

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/bar-suspended-stb-alcohol/

Screenshot-2020-06-28-at-5.41.54-PM.png

The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has ordered two businesses at Amoy Street to cease operations with immediate effect for failing to comply with safe management measures.

Mexican restaurant Chico Loco and Moonstone bar had allowed customers to consume alcohol on their premises after 10:30pm, STB said.

In addition to the suspension, both establishments have also been issued a composition fine of S$1,000 each.

The checks were conducted by on STB’s Enforcement Officers on June 27.

The following photos were taken at 10:35pm and 10:37pm :

Screenshot-2020-06-28-at-5.08.24-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-06-28-at-5.08.33-PM.png

Bar owners explain the situation

In a Facebook post on June 28, Moonstone announced their fine and indefinite suspension.

The bar wanted to warn fellow F&B owners not to take the 10:30pm alcohol ban lightly, and emphasised that there was no "grace period" for customers to finish up their drinks, even if they were served earlier.

"The rule states strictly, no consumption on premise after 10:30pm. This is a hard stop and no reasons are accepted by the enforcement officers. This was our mistake today.

We make no excuses for it, but we are certainly disappointed at the outcome of the penalty. The best we can hope for is a shorter suspension."

Moonstone then explained what happened on the night of June 27:

• Rounds were made for last orders at 10pm.
  • Two orders were made. Last drink was served at 10:10pm.
  • 22 open bills were issued at the same time. The process took 15-20 minutes, according to the bar.
  • During the time, Moonstone said that they also cleared the tables and advised customers to finish their drinks and leave as soon as possible.

The establishment was reportedly told by an enforcement officer that all unconsumed alcoholic beverages must be disposed of by 10:30pm sharp.

Asked for customers' understanding

Lastly, Moonstone asked its customers to try their best to "make things easy" for other business that are still in operation.

The bar added:

"An extra 15 mins might not be a long time to you as customer, but it’s this same amount of time that will put the jobs and livelihoods of F&B workers on the line. Please help to share this important message as we certainly do not want to result in a full closure of F&B businesses as we have all experienced during the Circuit Breaker."

They then thanked customers for their support in the past three months, which have been "'very difficult".

You can read their post here:

23 composition fines issued in phase two

Since the start of phase two on June 19, STB has issued 23 composition fines.

A total of 19 of these were S$300 fines to individuals, while the other four range from S$1,000 to S$2,000, and were issued to businesses for breaching Covid-19 (Temporary Measures).

Offences include failing to comply with safe management measures, such as maintaining a distance of 1 metre between groups or individuals.

STB said that they have stepped up checks on tourism precincts and establishments since phase two.

The agency encourages customers to be "socially responsible" for the health and safety for everyone, and so that businesses are allowed to stay open.

This time really jiak liang teh le. 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged

Nothing out of the ordinary.... Just the usual... Ppl wanting to test limits where they go and what they do. 

I am very sure there were customers who asked "what if I finished my last sip at 22:30:02 ? ....it's still within 22:30mah..."

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Supersonic

These bar really bo chap. Suspense them is good. -_-

Anyway, if i see shops which is too crowded, where to report them ah?

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

hahaha. I think the owner did not do any "preventive" measures. If they have switched the cups to plastic cup and also off the light inside the shop and close the register, I think the outcome will be different.

I can say I close shop le. But customer don't wanna leave what. That is their taiji liao.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Nothing out of the ordinary.... Just the usual... Ppl wanting to test limits where they go and what they do. 

I am very sure there were customers who asked "what if I finished my last sip at 22:30:02 ? ....it's still within 22:30mah..."

Is like those army camp u try beat the system book in at 23:59:02 den argue with Co Ivan see what happen lo. 

• Haha! 3

Just now, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. I think the owner did not do any "preventive" measures. If they have switched the cups to plastic cup and also off the light inside the shop and close the register, I think the outcome will be different.

I can say I close shop le. But customer don't wanna leave what. That is their taiji liao.

This one you will still kenna because your shop did not do enough to make ppl go away. 

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

These bar really bo chap. Suspense them is good. -_-

Anyway, if i see shops which is too crowded, where to report them ah?

Anything just call 999! 🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Mockngbrd said:

This one you will still kenna because your shop did not do enough to make ppl go away. 

Oh really arh? Aiyo. Lucky I don't have a pub. If not I will be fined too. hahaha.

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

The last order should be done at 9:45pm.  So that register can close off at 10:15pm.

During last round, must explain to customer that light will be off at 10:30pm SHARP

• Praise 1

Twincharged
14 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Yesterday I went to Chinatown Ocean Sunny or something.. The shop that sells super cheap toiletries...

The boss was very on about this.... Every few mins he would walk around his shop and say " 买了就走,不要留太久”. Very active in keeping the human traffic in his shop moving.

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 2

4 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Yesterday I went to Chinatown Ocean Sunny or something.. The shop that sells super cheap toiletries...

The boss was very on about this.... Every few mins he would walk around his shop and say " 买了就走,不要留太久”. Very active in keeping the human traffic in his shop moving.

Yesterday night I wanted go Bedok Blk85 tarpau dinner. Looked like entire bedok was there. I left. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Don't let you have time to time. Increase the chance of impulse buying mah. Give me I also like that. hahaha

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Yesterday night I wanted go Bedok Blk85 tarpau dinner. Looked like entire bedok was there. I left. 

I was at Kinex mall to buy some gardening stuff ystd. Then I head to Haig road food centre to buy putu piring.

Th crowd also alot. So I never eat my putu piring and left.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

My mom wanted to go Chinatown with me and my sis.... But I told her to stay at home instead. 

But surprisingly, it was not as crowded as before. Still can sit down and eat chicken rice with many empty tables around @2pm.

Edited by Ysc3

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I went to Swanston chinatown yesterday, there are many people inside lo, no social distancing la. The queue at the cashier was long.

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/06/bar-suspended-stb-alcohol/

Screenshot-2020-06-28-at-5.41.54-PM.png

The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) has ordered two businesses at Amoy Street to cease operations with immediate effect for failing to comply with safe management measures.

Mexican restaurant Chico Loco and Moonstone bar had allowed customers to consume alcohol on their premises after 10:30pm, STB said.

In addition to the suspension, both establishments have also been issued a composition fine of S$1,000 each.

The checks were conducted by on STB’s Enforcement Officers on June 27.

The following photos were taken at 10:35pm and 10:37pm :

Screenshot-2020-06-28-at-5.08.24-PM.png

Screenshot-2020-06-28-at-5.08.33-PM.png

Bar owners explain the situation

In a Facebook post on June 28, Moonstone announced their fine and indefinite suspension.

The bar wanted to warn fellow F&B owners not to take the 10:30pm alcohol ban lightly, and emphasised that there was no "grace period" for customers to finish up their drinks, even if they were served earlier.

Moonstone then explained what happened on the night of June 27:

• Rounds were made for last orders at 10pm.
  • Two orders were made. Last drink was served at 10:10pm.
  • 22 open bills were issued at the same time. The process took 15-20 minutes, according to the bar.
  • During the time, Moonstone said that they also cleared the tables and advised customers to finish their drinks and leave as soon as possible.

The establishment was reportedly told by an enforcement officer that all unconsumed alcoholic beverages must be disposed of by 10:30pm sharp.

Asked for customers' understanding

Lastly, Moonstone asked its customers to try their best to "make things easy" for other business that are still in operation.

The bar added:

They then thanked customers for their support in the past three months, which have been "'very difficult".

You can read their post here:

23 composition fines issued in phase two

Since the start of phase two on June 19, STB has issued 23 composition fines.

A total of 19 of these were S$300 fines to individuals, while the other four range from S$1,000 to S$2,000, and were issued to businesses for breaching Covid-19 (Temporary Measures).

Offences include failing to comply with safe management measures, such as maintaining a distance of 1 metre between groups or individuals.

STB said that they have stepped up checks on tourism precincts and establishments since phase two.

The agency encourages customers to be "socially responsible" for the health and safety for everyone, and so that businesses are allowed to stay open.

It is a join responsibility , the authority  should just issue fine to the consumers.who violate the law as well. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4