Amoy Street Moonstone bar suspended indefinitely after customers caught drinking at 10:35pm, warns others

kobayashiGT

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

This one you will still kenna because your shop did not do enough to make ppl go away. 

What should they do? Release the hounds? 

1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

What should they do? Release the hounds? 

Take away the glasses lor. Last time I sitting at simpang upstair the bar also come time to close shop, the lady also came over told us either to finish or they will have to remove the glasses or else risk kenna fine. Before my friends ordered last round they were also informed to finish by XXX timing. 

• Praise 3

Twincharged
59 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I went to Swanston chinatown yesterday, there are many people inside lo, no social distancing la. The queue at the cashier was long.

I saw the situation there and then just walked downstairs to eat chicken rice instead ... I have more space at the hawker centre than Swanston. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

I saw the situation there and then just walked downstairs to eat chicken rice instead ... I have more space at the hawker centre than Swanston. 

Poor crowds control at Swanston, if this continue wait they kena suspense.

• Haha! 1

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Take away the glasses lor. Last time I sitting at simpang upstair the bar also come time to close shop, the lady also came over told us either to finish or they will have to remove the glasses or else risk kenna fine. Before my friends ordered last round they were also informed to finish by XXX timing. 

A bit difficult for these slightly atas places. People will kpkb on FB lah, yelp lah... 

They're in a tough spot. Drunks, especially of the AMDK persuasion can be very difficult to deal with. Stop serving too early, they KPKB and leave bad review. Confiscate glasses at 2225, they will bang table demand refund. Want to close shop, they will refuse to leave. 

And the police will be no help at all. Call them at 2215 to help disperse, they will say biz owner tai ji. Call them at 2235 to help disperse they will charge the biz owner of a crime. 

I do feel for these service biz owners. Too many mixed messages and half measures, probably cos the gahmen damn scared of economy tanking even worse. For one thing, I don't get why the proscription is specifically against alcohol beyond 2230 and not just dining in. Actually all dining in, at any time should remain suspended. Some workplaces with essential staff and services have issued instructions to staff to not dine in during or after work hours (regardless of the general stance on this). I think that level of caution is sensible. 

But then, holding an election at this time is the most insensible thing of all, so I have no idea what the gahmen is playing at.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 6

3 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

A bit difficult for these slightly atas places. People will kpkb on FB lah, yelp lah... 

They're in a tough spot. Drunks, especially of the AMDK persuasion can be very difficult to deal with. Stop serving too early, they KPKB and leave bad review. Confiscate glasses at 2225, they will bang table demand refund. Want to close shop, they will refuse to leave. 

And the police will be no help at all. Call them at 2215 to help disperse, they will say biz owner tai ji. Call them at 2235 to help disperse they will charge the biz owner of a crime. 

I do feel for these service biz owners. Too many mixed messages and half measures, probably cos the gahmen damn scared of economy tanking even worse. For one thing, I don't get why the proscription is specifically against alcohol beyond 2230 and not just dining in. Actually all dining in, at any time should remain suspended. Some workplaces with essential have issued instructions to staff to not dine in during or after work hours (regardless of the general stance on this). I think that level of caution is sensible. 

But then, holding an election at this time is the most insensible thing of all, so I have no idea what the gahmen is playing at.

Virus start work at 1030 pm

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Supersonic
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I do feel for these service biz owners. Too many mixed messages and half measures, probably cos the gahmen damn scared of economy tanking even worse. For one thing, I don't get why the proscription is specifically against alcohol beyond 2230 and not just dining in. Actually all dining in, at any time should remain suspended. Some workplaces with essential staff and services have issued instructions to staff to not dine in during or after work hours (regardless of the general stance on this). I think that level of caution is sensible. 

Actually no need atas places, you can also see many people sit at hawker centre late hours drinking and talking. Some drinks stall at hawker centre even open until 12am, dont know if they are selling any beers or not. People at hawker centre also difficult to deal with. The only thing people wold not kpkb on FB etc.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Actually no need atas places, you can also see many people sit at hawker centre late hours drinking and talking. Some drinks stall at hawker centre even open until 12am, dont know if they are selling any beers or not.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

Is like those army camp u try beat the system book in at 23:59:02 den argue with Co Ivan see what happen lo. 

What 2359? CO Ivan said must come back by 22:00 and go for 5am exercise tomorrow morning.

• Haha! 3

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

These won't work - they'll need to release Mr Pickles! He's really a Hound outta Hell! Hahahaha!

image.png.a1b174e779a6eaa80fec00e28a045044.png

Edited by Ronkovic
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Ronkovic said:

These won't work - they'll need to release Mr Pickles! He's really a Hound outta Hell! Hahahaha!

image.png.a1b174e779a6eaa80fec00e28a045044.png

Wow you watch that also? Awesome! 

I haven't seen the latest season so don't spoil it for me. 😂

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

These shops are so small and packed with so many goods how to social distancing, actually neighbourhood also have similar shop like venus and a few others, price almost the same as the 2 in chinatown. So nowadays i never bother to go all the way there just for them which i used to.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Turboflat4 said:

Have to hold election now lah. All the goodies, money, rebates given out recently. If held later, ppl will forget these goodies. Economy will get even worst. More businesses folded. More ppl get jobless. So now's the best time!!

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
20 minutes ago, Xers007 said:

These shops are so small and packed with so many goods how to social distancing, actually neighbourhood also have similar shop like venus and a few others, price almost the same as the 2 in chinatown. So nowadays i never bother to go all the way there just for them which i used to.

You see some shops in neighbourhood also small, but they got crowds control and only allow certain number of people go inside the shop. But this swanston shop allowed so many people inside the shop, and people also one kind, take their own sweet time inside the shop to buy things even during this covid period.

I also dont understand why this shop attract so many people go there to buy things, not as if all their thing are super super cheap la. Sometimes the items they are selling, can also get it quite cheap at some supermarket, ABC shop and pharmacy when they have discount.

↡ Advertisement