All new 2021 Kia Carnival / Sedona GUV

Thaiyotakamli

4 hours ago, benoit16 said:

@teomingern apparently 199,999 and above.

Faint... those with many kids and really need something like this would really be in a tough place... probably only way out is to go PI route... but those usual JDM like Noah or Voxy or Stepwagon aren't exactly the same size... but probably will do in a pinch... I suppose worse come worst... drive a van...

25 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Faint... those with many kids and really need something like this would really be in a tough place... probably only way out is to go PI route... but those usual JDM like Noah or Voxy or Stepwagon aren't exactly the same size... but probably will do in a pinch... I suppose worse come worst... drive a van...

Maxus G10 is decent

@teomingern there are other options at lower prices ba.. of course can't expect the same specs etc.

however I do agree.. better if COE is not just pure bidding based but also considers family needs, although that will be another story.

• Praise 1

57 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Actually the triplets and Serena and Stepwagon can sit 7 people very comfortably, just that some do not like their car shape or height of 1.8xm. If must get from AD, there is still Serena. But difficult to change people's mindset lah.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Maxus G10 is decent

Equally expensive now... fuel consumption in today's papers is rated by the company as 11.7 L / 100 km... for a 2.0 L turbo... that's pretty bad for today's engine?

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, benoit16 said:

@teomingern there are other options at lower prices ba.. of course can't expect the same specs etc.

however I do agree.. better if COE is not just pure bidding based but also considers family needs, although that will be another story.

Really for me, I can forgo the specs and luxury items... just need the same space as the Carnival... Maxxus G10 is quite decent, but not very economical really... but then again, I guess none of these behemoths are very fuel efficient... but I would expect at least 10 L / km... but G10 advertisement is 11.7 L / 100 km.... faint... real world will be 6-7 km with full load...

On 4/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, teomingern said:

Really for me, I can forgo the specs and luxury items... just need the same space as the Carnival... Maxxus G10 is quite decent, but not very economical really... but then again, I guess none of these behemoths are very fuel efficient... but I would expect at least 10 L / km... but G10 advertisement is 11.7 L / 100 km.... faint... real world will be 6-7 km with full load...

Wah bro Mingern, you changing car? How much they offer to trade in for your Sonata? Saw it briefly on the road a few days back, think it is a test drive unit. Very wide stance and a bit SUV-look. Should be very spacious inside. Remind me of Merc Vito, masculine-looking van, unlike some other curvy feminine look.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, Alfc said:

Wah bro Mingern, you changing car? How much they offer to trade in for your Sonata? Saw it briefly on the road a few days back, think it is a test drive unit. Very wide stance and a bit SUV-look. Should be very spacious inside. Remind me of Merc Vito, masculine-looking van, unlike some other curvy feminine look.

No lar... where got money to change car... ha ha... this Carnival almost double the price of the effective price of my current car leh... heh heh... I will drive this Sonata until it expires... by then I think it will too expensive to drive already for the common man in the street like myself... petrol price rise to $2.40 per L of RON 95, already feel the pinch when top up one full tank... this Carnival will be even more of a petrol guzzler...

Edited by teomingern

27 minutes ago, teomingern said:

No lar... where got money to change car... ha ha... this Carnival almost double the price of the effective price of my current car leh... heh heh... I will drive this Sonata until it expires... by then I think it will too expensive to drive already for the common man in the street like myself... petrol price rise to $2.40 per L of RON 95, already feel the pinch when top up one full tank... this Carnival will be even more of a petrol guzzler...

I see. No doubt will get more expensive to drive in future but see how things pan out. Plan ahead and plan early. 

For such a big vehicle, the fuel consumption still within expectation.

• Praise 1

9 hours ago, benoit16 said:

actually the carnival is with diesel and the FC supposed to be okie haha but let's see.

if it was the V6 petrol engine then sure GG

I was thinking petrol 1.6 turbo with 195 bhp + close to 300 Nm torque should be quite satisfying km drive already... just concerned about the diesel taxes being raised even to beyond petrol levels cos of the disincentive to own diesel on account of it producing more pollutants... or road tax or boy other such taxes... then really die... cos no one will buy the car if I can't afford to pay for fuel lor... I'll kick the can down the road... cos eventually when my dad can't drive, with two kids, I have to find some way to transport everyone at the same time... drive van maybe... ha ha... this is a not to distant scenario... sigh...