All new 2021 Kia Carnival / Sedona GUV

Thaiyotakamli

@teomingern 

11 hours ago, teomingern said:

Nice... I see the side step and the roof rails and that matte paint is original or sticker? Rims also after market?

Edit: any possibility that Kia will fit the digital gauge cluster when they have the part?

Side step is after market but roof rail and rims are stock.

matte paint is actually matte ppf that I had applied on top of the original paint.

we are all hoping CnC will allow an upgrade to that but so far nothing concrete or indicated by them.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, benoit16 said:

@teomingern 

Side step is after market but roof rail and rims are stock.

matte paint is actually matte ppf that I had applied on top of the original paint.

we are all hoping CnC will allow an upgrade to that but so far nothing concrete or indicated by them.

Oh... rims look good actually... I will bug them about the upgrade to digital gauge cluster... after all you paid for it...

9 hours ago, teomingern said:

Oh... rims look good actually... I will bug them about the upgrade to digital gauge cluster... after all you paid for it...

lol can only try. but not optimistic. they will just say we early birds are suay or silly while the others song gao gao.

8 hours ago, Hamburger said:

side step is convenient for older folks, but it also dirty the legs or the pants.

yes but so far at least for me it isn't really the case.

but better for the older folks and smaller kids is more impt.

9 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Eh? Why would it dirty the legs? You step on the side step no?

If a abled person could just step in, why would one need to take the extra step to enter?

But if you take a step up on the side step, I am not sure how that would dirty the legs? Sorry I can't visualize it... cos if not able-bodied then would step up the side step with one foot, then place the next foot on the side step, then take another step into the vehicle and then repeat with the other foot? That's how I do it especially when I had severe back spasms and could hardly walk...

9 minutes ago, teomingern said:

But if you take a step up on the side step, I am not sure how that would dirty the legs? Sorry I can't visualize it... cos if not able-bodied then would step up the side step with one foot, then place the next foot on the side step, then take another step into the vehicle and then repeat with the other foot? That's how I do it especially when I had severe back spasms and could hardly walk...

I think if you use the side step by stepping on it to get into or out of the vehicle, then it would not cause dirtiness. Problem is when you bypass the side step and just get in/out directly. This is not uncommon because the height of SUV is something like not here not there. It is not like a lorry so high and is still manageable for most people not to use side step. Under such circumstances, the side of your pants will brush against the side step and that is where the dirtiness is. 

Edited by Alfc
  • Praise 2

8 minutes ago, teomingern said:

It gets dirty when one don't use the side step and chose to enter straight in. 

Nevermind, try it on a rainy day without the use of the side step and you get the picture. 

• Praise 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:41 AM, Hamburger said:

side step is convenient for older folks, but it also dirty the legs or the pants.

Actually, side step is not going to be convenient for the really old folks. my mother, for example, will not be able to step on it, definitely. Even worse, after putting in the effort to step on it, the old folks will have problem turning or twisting their bodies around to go into the car. Just think of this: if entering into the front (or rear) left passenger seat, should one use the left or right leg to mount the step first? Most would probably use the right leg to mount, with the left leg still on the ground. Then with the right leg on the side step, and left leg on the ground, the question is how does the body enter the car?

Conversely, if use the left leg to mount, with right leg on the ground, also not gonna be easy...

So my conclusion is that the side step, is only good for young kids who are short, but agile/flexible.

• Praise 3

25 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Actually, side step is not going to be convenient for the really old folks. my mother, for example, will not be able to step on it, definitely. Even worse, after putting in the effort to step on it, the old folks will have problem turning or twisting their bodies around to go into the car. Just think of this: if entering into the front (or rear) left passenger seat, should one use the left or right leg to mount the step first? Most would probably use the right leg to mount, with the left leg still on the ground. Then with the right leg on the side step, and left leg on the ground, the question is how does the body enter the car?

Conversely, if use the left leg to mount, with right leg on the ground, also not gonna be easy...

So my conclusion is that the side step, is only good for young kids who are short, but agile/flexible.

Sidestep is good for car with much more ground clearance like pickup.

Without sidestep, my friend's dad will have a problem getting in.

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Picture this:

attachment.php?s=45b66c396b64536f00e561a

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 5

3 hours ago, Alfc said:

I think if you use the side step by stepping on it to get into or out of the vehicle, then it would not cause dirtiness. Problem is when you bypass the side step and just get in/out directly. This is not uncommon because the height of SUV is something like not here not there. It is not like a lorry so high and is still manageable for most people not to use side step. Under such circumstances, the side of your pants will brush against the side step and that is where the dirtiness is. 

Ah I see... Cos I thought the whole idea was to use it... But I see got retractable type, then won't have this problem. Not sure retractable type strong enough or not...

4 hours ago, Atrecord said:

Agreed that it's one big challenge for older folks. But side step is indeed useful for those that have difficulty in lifting their leg high enough to enter. 

• Praise 1

On 1/7/2022 at 8:12 PM, Hamburger said:

Agreed that it's one big challenge for older folks. But side step is indeed useful for those that have difficulty in lifting their leg high enough to enter. 

can't argue with this, as i'd used it before (and I'm 1.81 m)...

but even in those days (when i was younger and more agile/flexible), i also found it odd to have to change the leg or twist the body when using it... so while it has its use, i feel those who think that with it, the elderly will benefit greatly from it, might get a surprise eventually - as a friend of mine did... He thought it'll make it easy for his father, when he installed it for his tucson, but he later said the father found it in the way instead, as he can't make use of it (cos of the need to switch leg/twist body), and then if just try to lift the leg high up, the side step became a hindrance... 😓

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2