All new 2021 Kia Carnival / Sedona GUV

Thaiyotakamli

1 hour ago, Heartbreakid said:

Looks like a hybrid between SUV and MPV. 

which makes it so much more attractive, given the inclination towards SUV these days, and also it has sliding doors like a real MPV, and yet not as van-like as some of the more popular/practical MPVs now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Notice bolehland Carnival has the turn indicator on the RIGHT just like Japs cars. Prob due to it being a CKD.....

2.2L CRDi shared with the current Sorento. Same 8AT also

30 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Notice bolehland Carnival has the turn indicator on the RIGHT just like Japs cars. Prob due to it being a CKD.....

I saw one of these in KPE maybe a year ago... took a pic in the rare car thread too...

(edited)
2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

I sat in this car many times when i took taxi in seoul, very comfortable ride and good NVH

then got one driver drive until 140kmh, very stable

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 2

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32951664/2022-kia-sedona-revealed/

2022 Kia Sedona with new interior

image.png.e7f9db51ccc6cc38aa06d04c862ca59b.png

Kia has now released a photo of the new Sedona minivan's interior. The dashboard looks tech-forward and upscale, with a digital gauge cluster, a large 12.3-inch infotainment screen, and a good mix of physical buttons and knobs. The gearshifter is a rotary-style knob, and the center console looks accomodating. Kia also says the new model offers more interior space than the old model thanks to a longer wheelbase and overall length. The U.S. will get the three-row, seven-seat arrangement with second-row captain's chairs, while other markets offer a four-row configuration that can seat up to 11 people.

• Praise 3

On 6/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

I sat in this car many times when i took taxi in seoul, very comfortable ride and good NVH

then got one driver drive until 140kmh, very stable

i rented this (2015? model) in NZ and highest i went was maybe 130 when overtaking. indeed v stable.

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 7/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, RickyWee said:

Kia has now released a photo of the new Sedona minivan's interior. The dashboard looks tech-forward and upscale, with a digital gauge cluster, a large 12.3-inch infotainment screen, and a good mix of physical buttons and knobs. The gearshifter is a rotary-style knob, and the center console looks accomodating. Kia also says the new model offers more interior space than the old model thanks to a longer wheelbase and overall length. The U.S. will get the three-row, seven-seat arrangement with second-row captain's chairs, while other markets offer a four-row configuration that can seat up to 11 people.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:48 AM, RickyWee said:

Seriously 4 rows? Is this getting to be like the Starex?

On 6/29/2020 at 2:51 PM, Atrecord said:

but sibei sian... C&C never brought in the 2014 one, and is not likely bringing this in...

Yeah... the current Carnival is really an absolute looker... I had a chance to sit in one at a car road show and loved the interior... pity it was not brought in to compete with the Odyssey.

Edited by teomingern
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, teomingern said:

Seriously 4 rows? Is this getting to be like the Starex?

Yeah... the current Carnival is really an absolute looker... I had a chance to sit in one at a car road show and loved the interior... pity it was not brought in to compete with the Odyssey.

The last row seat not nice too upright

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, teomingern said:

That's true of most of these MPVs? I will buy the Starex or Maxus G10 just for the space...

Cause i think it was 4 row seat so last row really sit upright one

On 7/26/2020 at 10:32 PM, Thaiyotakamli said:

Cause i think it was 4 row seat so last row really sit upright one

I've seen the Starex 4 rows only in Sabah some years back... not sure if those private transport Starex that come into Singapore to fetch day-trippers to Johor are 4 rows or 3 rows... if 4 rows, I think the last row is a bit cramped... but with 3 rows, the space is superb... I rented one for a trip to Cameron Highlands before from Hertz Sime Darby... spacious and comfortable... just too van-like in the driving position... power was pretty good with that diesel 2.2 CRDi...

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

kia-carnival-ka4.jpg.webp

200728_4thCarnival_01-2.jpg.webp

200728_4thCarnival_02-1.jpg.webp

200728_4thCarnival_03-1.jpg.webp

200728_4thCarnival_04.jpg.webp

200728_4thCarnival_05-1.jpg.webp

Looks like the extra tall roof is for the ventilation system rather than headroom looking at the last photo posted? I mean the photos seem to point to a substantially taller car compared to the current model... I like that the current model is quite slick looking... not so van-like... 

Officially unveiled in Korea.

kia_carnival_25_0159000011980be6.jpg

kia_carnival_61_028c000011fa0db0.jpg

kia_carnival_801.jpg

kia_carnival_71_04670273080e05fb.jpg

kia_carnival_504_0267028b086905b7.jpg

kia_carnival_22_0272023b096f066e.jpg

kia_carnival_1_6.jpg

kia_carnival_33.jpg

kia_carnival_93.jpg

kia_carnival_66.jpg

kia_carnival_332.jpg

The new model is being described by Kia as a “Grand Utility Vehicle” courtesy of an exterior design that takes after sport utility vehicles to bank on the huge demand the segment is enjoying. It’s larger than before, with overall length increasing by 40 mm to 5155 mm while the wheelbase has been stretched by 30 mm to 3090 mm.

To make the cabin even roomier than before, the body’s width has been extended by 10 mm to 1995 mm while the rear overhang is 30 mm longer, at 1130 mm, for more third-row space and greater cargo volume. The increased footprint comes along with a newly developed platform and a choice between three and four rows of seats. Depending on the market, the Carnival will be available with seven, eight, or 11 seats.

The interior has practically nothing in common with the previous generation as Kia has gone to great lengths to develop a far more sophisticated cabin. Obvious changes include the adoption of a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a touchscreen of the same size, along with reworked climate controls and the adoption of upscale materials throughout the interior.

Then there are the changes underneath the skin, with Kia saying the fully independent suspension has lowered the noise, vibration, and harshness while increasing comfort. Further lowering NVH levels of the minivan is the greater adoption of sound-deadening material, a full underbody cover, and additional insulation between the engine bay and cabin.

Since we mentioned engines, underneath the hood you’ll find a direct-injection 3.5-liter V6 GDI serving as the range-topping powertrain with 290 hp and 355 Nm. A multiport-injection engine (MPI) with the same displacement packs 268 hp and 332 Nm. There’s also a newly developed 2.2-liter four-cylinder diesel producing a healthy 200 hp and 440 Nm. All three are hooked up as standard to an eight-speed automatic transmission.

Another significant change over the previous-gen Carnival / Sedona is the new column-mounted motor-driven power steering serving as a replacement of the old hydraulic power steering system. Not only is the steering response more direct now, but the steering ratio is 5.6 percent quicker than before and allows Kia to integrate new driver assistance systems. It has everything from lane-keeping assist and blind-spot to forward collision-avoidance assist with car, cyclist, and pedestrian detection.

A semi-autonomous Level 2 driving system is also on board, along with Safe Exit Assist that prevents the power-sliding rear doors from opening if it detects a car is approaching from behind. In a worst-case scenario, following a crash, automatic braking is activated to diminish the severity of a possible second impact.

Kia will have the Carnival on sale in South Korea starting with the third quarter of the year, with additional markets to follow.

• Praise 12